Any January filers out there?!?!

04-09-07 Upgrade I-130 (Spouse became USC)
04-25-07 Upgrade Confirmation letter
Hey davidm992,
Did you receive a separate letter for your I-130 confirming that the I-130 has been upgraded?
I became a U.S. citizen on Dec 6, 2007. Requested upgrade for my wife's I-130 on Dec 10, 2007. Received a letter from USCIS dated Dec 11, 2007 stating:
Type of service requested: Upgrade I-130
The status of your service request is:
The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.
In your case, did you get a letter stating that your I-130 has been upgraded?
I had called USCIS after I received the status letter and they said that my wife could still go ahead and file the I-485 and attach the I-130 receipt notice. So we filed I-485 for her last month. In your case, I see that you filed your I-485 after your I-130 got approved. Did USCIS tell you not to file I-485 untill your I-130 is approved?

You may not need to get a lawyer to tell you the truth. I did everything with out one and i think i came out just fine. What you can do is go to the Catholic Charities Immigration Department (assuming they have one near you ) and pay them to review your forms. They charged me $250 and they did an excellent job. I am not telling you what to do because i am not a lawyer nor can i give you legal advise but i can tell you from first hand experience that it may not be worth it to pay out that much money.

thanks for the info, im confident in myself to do it as well, but i had already paid for the 200 consultation, which you paid 250 for someone to review your forms, an extra 600 to be stress free and have a lawyer come to interview and handle everything should any problem arise, is pretty good. and my case it a little tricky as well.

Hey davidm992,
Did you receive a separate letter for your I-130 confirming that the I-130 has been upgraded?

I became a U.S. citizen on Dec 6, 2007. Requested upgrade for my wife's I-130 on Dec 10, 2007. Received a letter from USCIS dated Dec 11, 2007 stating:
Type of service requested: Upgrade I-130
The status of your service request is:
The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.
In your case, did you get a letter stating that your I-130 has been upgraded?
I had called USCIS after I received the status letter and they said that my wife could still go ahead and file the I-485 and attach the I-130 receipt notice. So we filed I-485 for her last month. In your case, I see that you filed your I-485 after your I-130 got approved. Did USCIS tell you not to file I-485 untill your I-130 is approved?

Yes, like a month after my wife made the call to upgrade the application, we received a letter from USCIS (was not the normal NOA letter I-797C). Two weeks later I received a NOA I-797C stating that my I-130 was transfered to the local office for processing and approval.

The reason why I filed I-485 after having the I-130 approved was because I am in removal proceedings for an asylum application, so I was not allowed to file the I-485 with the USCIS. At this time, I filed the I-485 with the court. I am waiting and a copy to Texas Center. In other words, the judge will schedule an individual hearing to adjust status.

I just applied for my wife's adjustment of status. Keep in mind I also included copy of I-130 approval notice which was approved back in Nov of last year. I had this attorney who has filed my case. I just remembered that he never asked me to fill out this form G325. She made my wife (applicant) fill out & sign that form. I hope he didn't make a mistake and USCIS doesn't look for my G325 form. I asked him about him not making me fill out G325 form, His reply was, I don't need one as my wife's I-130 form is already approved at this time.

Please let me know what do you guys have to say on this.

Thanks.

You will not need to sign G325 because the AOS is for your wife, and not for you.

well looks like im going to be a feb filer. i had all my paperwork ready to send, but had a consultation with an attorney yesterday to make sure i had everything in order, and he said yes, and that he would handle my case and everything and come to interview for $800, i was already paying $200 for the cons, and he said if i use him that 200 goes towards the service, so for an extra 600 on top of 200 for cons, hes gonna do everything for me now. take the pictures too.

Your case is exactly the same as mine. So I just wanted to give you a heads up, as well as double check with you later on when your lawyer files the AOS package with USCIS. Here is my info:
Became a U.S.citizen: 12/6/07
Called USCIS for I-130 upgrade: 12/10/07
Filed AOS package with USCIS Chicago lockbox: 12/19/07

My wife's AOS package contained the following:
1. Completed and signed Form I-485.
2. Filing Fee for Form I-485 plus biometric fee for a total of $1010
3. Receipt Notice for I-130 petition (Receipt Notice Number:
4. Naturalization Certificate for my husband
5. My Birth Certificate
6. Passport with Visa Stamp (3 pages)
7. I-94 Arrival/Departure Record.
8. Completed and signed form G-325A (4 copies). This was also submitted with I-130
9. Form I-693 in a Sealed Envelop (sealed by the Civil Surgeon/Physician)
10. Six photographs with my name and date of birth on the back (2 each for I-485, I765 and I-131)
11. Completed and signed Form I-765
12. Completed and signed Form I-131 alongwith photo ID (passport) and I-94
13. Completed and singed Form I- 864 Affidavit of Support by my husband along with the following:
a. My husband's Proof of U.S. citizenship (Naturalization Certificate)
b. My husband's last three pay stubs from his employer Intel Corporation
c. My husband's last three W-2s (for tax years 2006, 2005 and 2004)
d. My husband's last three Tax Returns (Tax Transcripts from IRS for years 2006,2005 and 2004)

When your attorney files the AOS package, can you please let me know if there was a discrepancy between the two AOS packages?

Your case is exactly the same as mine. So I just wanted to give you a heads up, as well as double check with you later on when your lawyer files the AOS package with USCIS. Here is my info:
Became a U.S.citizen: 12/6/07
Called USCIS for I-130 upgrade: 12/10/07
Filed AOS package with USCIS Chicago lockbox: 12/19/07

My wife's AOS package contained the following:
1. Completed and signed Form I-485.
2. Filing Fee for Form I-485 plus biometric fee for a total of $1010
3. Receipt Notice for I-130 petition (Receipt Notice Number:
4. Naturalization Certificate for my husband
5. My Birth Certificate
6. Passport with Visa Stamp (3 pages)
7. I-94 Arrival/Departure Record.
8. Completed and signed form G-325A (4 copies). This was also submitted with I-130
9. Form I-693 in a Sealed Envelop (sealed by the Civil Surgeon/Physician)
10. Six photographs with my name and date of birth on the back (2 each for I-485, I765 and I-131)
11. Completed and signed Form I-765
12. Completed and signed Form I-131 alongwith photo ID (passport) and I-94
13. Completed and singed Form I- 864 Affidavit of Support by my husband along with the following:
a. My husband's Proof of U.S. citizenship (Naturalization Certificate)
b. My husband's last three pay stubs from his employer Intel Corporation
c. My husband's last three W-2s (for tax years 2006, 2005 and 2004)
d. My husband's last three Tax Returns (Tax Transcripts from IRS for years 2006,2005 and 2004)

When your attorney files the AOS package, can you please let me know if there was a discrepancy between the two AOS packages?

case pretty much the same, only difference, is that my wife and son are canadian, no i-94 or visa stamp, here on visitor b2 status, which has some loopholes to AOS, so better to get lawyer from what ive heard. and i never worked in the states for all 5 years ive lived here until now, hence, no W2s, just canadian T4s. we will see. my lawyer plans to mail everything next wednesday. they have to be received by next friday at uscis, cause that will be 180 days my wife has been here.

Quick update from my end

Spoke to my attorney this morning and he told me that he has received my wife's NOA (receipt notice) in the mail yesterday.

I was curious for her FP notice since I am in Boston and have to travel to Atlanta for to get her finger prints. I thought I should call cust service to find out if there is any news for her regarding her FP date. The officer told me that her FP notice was receently mailed out & she is scheduled for her FP on Feb 22nd.

Thank God that things are moving as I was hoping & expecting.

My timeline:

1-16-08 Sent paperwork to Chicago Lockbox
1-19-08 Ppaerwork received
1-25-08 Receipt date (NOA)
1-29-08 FP notice sent
2-22-08 FP apptt

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello EveryOne. New member joining.

F1 >> to GC.

01/22/2008 : Sent Date (I130, I485, I765)
01/23/2008 : RD
01/30/2008 : Check Cashed.

Well it looks like my forms are comingback, they recieved the forms on 1/23 and its 2/1 and they haven't cashed the checks yet.

:(

I filed on the 7th of January and have not heard ANYTHING yet...no checks cashed, no NOTHING...

Any idea what might be going on? :(

I filed on the 7th of January and have not heard ANYTHING yet...no checks cashed, no NOTHING...

Any idea what might be going on? :(

I sent my application on January 8th. I still dont get anything. However, the cashier's check was paid. I called the 1-800 number, but they told my I have to call back when 4 weeks are due from the day I sent the application.

Hey guys! Finally, today I got the Fingerprinting notice. It is weird bacuse I did not received the receipt for the I-485. However, the important thing is that everything is ok. It is schedule for Feb, 09th.

In addition to that, my final hearing at the court is schedule for April 17th. :) Hopefuly, with God's help, I will get the approval that day.

I'll keep you informed guys!