Any January filers out there?!?!

Yours is moving fast and good luck Nothere2001

HAHAHA you did it while i was typing my post =)

Hey,
I assume that your application is moving fast..but the problem lies on the date of interview. I will put in my N-400 this february and hope mine move fast too. Happy new year to you all
Washington DC area here

01/18/08 Mailed Parent I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864, I-693, G-325A
01/21/08 USPS Tracker delivered to Chicago lockbox
01/28/08 NOA for I-130, I-131 & I-765
with ND 01/25/08 and RD 01/21/08 from USCIS. Lee's Summit, MO
01/29/08 NOA for I-485
02/02/08 NOA for FP ( ND-01/29/08, FP Date - 02/19/08 )

Last edited by a moderator:
sweetcitywife, welcome to Jan filer. I have the same situation as you. I got married after 2.5 months of dating. From what I read we need to have enough proof that the marriage is not fake. I think the document you sent should be enough for now but you might need to have more of them for the interview day.
As for the money order they have probably cashed it by now, just check it.
Here is the for the abbreviations:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=205586

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess our case is not that similar after all. I got married couple weeks ago and I'm currently in US and my husband filed the petition for me. So in my case everything is going to happen here. I really don't know how things would work for your husband who is out of country. I'm sure you can find the answers to your questions in this forum.
As for money order, I sent checks, don't know anything about money order, but somebody answered your question in another thread you posted separately.
Sorry that I couldn't answer your questions!!

I sent my paper work to Texas Service Center in Mesquite instead of Chicago. I called USCIS and asked them they told me that they will either send me the package back or forward it to Chicago.

Anyone has this experience? I know I have to face delay? Any ideas how long will be the delay so they can route the application to Chicago. The lady on the phone said approx 1 month. :(

mazam, have you called the mail carrier to find out if there's any way to stop your package from being delivered and sent back to you? This way, you only lose a couple of days. With USCIS you never know, anything nonstandard can turn into a long wait. If USCIS rejects and returns to you, it might just be your best outcome.

Yeah! I called them and they told me it has gone! There is no way to stop it now. I don't think I can do anything! I will just pray and sit back.

Hey All,

Does any one know about the processing details? Does our AP and EAD get processed at local center and is it after our FP appointment? I am just trying to figure out how much will it take to get AP and EAD.

Thanks,

Sunshine237

Man, I just called and they say there is nothing they can tell me in regards to why checks have not been cashed or anything.

How very frustrating! Why is it that so many who have filed weeks after me have at least had checks cashed?

I guess I'll wait a week and call again :(

Hey Everybody!

I just did my finger print this weekend and it went just fine! I was in and out in 30 min. tops. Almost all the people were very friendly and nice. The only problem was that they did not know that much. I was not able to find out any specific information regarding how long the wait for the interview is. Just wanted to let everyone know =)

Can See Case Online

I got my NOA and I tried to see if they added my case online on the USCIS website but it isnt thr it seems. Can anyone tell me if its normal??? :confused:

Hey Sharina,

They just added my case online. I am able to pull up my 485 and 765 but not the other 2 yet. You should be able to see your also i think we have about the same time line.

Man, I just called and they say there is nothing they can tell me in regards to why checks have not been cashed or anything.

How very frustrating! Why is it that so many who have filed weeks after me have at least had checks cashed?

I guess I'll wait a week and call again :(

I would not spend a lot of time worrying about it. The only time you have a problem is when USCIS takes your money and then tell you they cant find your case LOL! If USCIS can see you case then your somewhere in the system, do not loose hope, you know how they are. =)

Just wanted to say hi to all the new people that joined the thread! We are not experts but i am sure we can help each other out. Do not forget to post your time line on your signature so that we can all see what USCIS is doing =).

Hey Nothere,
:( No my case isnt online yet! My FP appointment is on Feb 12. May be I'll be able to see it online then! Thanks for the update though! :)
Hope all you guys are doing fine!
God bless.

I am a permanent resident. I mailed my husband's I130 and was received at the Chicago Lockbox on 12.21.07 according to USPS tracking. Money order has bot been cashed. What do I need to do?
P.S. He is in Turkey and we got married June of last year after a year of dating. As proof of marriage, I had everything my lawyer asked and I think it should be sufficient considering we live in 2 different countries.