Any January filers out there?!?!

Hi! This is my first post. I am in the US and married to a USC. I'm Canadian.

We mailed our info Jan 9th and today I had my FP appointment, which went well. Then we got an "Initial Interview" letter today asking for all the supporting docs, etc.

Is it normal to receive an ID before the FP were even completed?

Cali this is due to IO's availability for interview. I guess after your interview if your FP and name check are completed you will get I-551 stamp on ur passport. If it't not you will have the interview done but will still be in AOS due to pending name check. That could take a while in certain situations.

I am a permanent resident. I mailed my husband's I130 and was received at the Chicago Lockbox on 12.21.07 according to USPS tracking. Money order has bot been cashed. What do I need to do?
P.S. He is in Turkey and we got married June of last year after a year of dating. As proof of marriage, I had everything my lawyer asked and I think it should be sufficient considering we live in 2 different countries.

berrinaksavrin, can you naturalize yet, if yes i stronlgly recommend you do because being a LPR it can tak 5+ years to get your husband here. if your a us citizen, less than a year in most cases through consular processing.

Good luck

Hi! This is my first post. I am in the US and married to a USC. I'm Canadian.

We mailed our info Jan 9th and today I had my FP appointment, which went well. Then we got an "Initial Interview" letter today asking for all the supporting docs, etc.

Is it normal to receive an ID before the FP were even completed?

Your process is going pretty quick. I am very happy for you. Hope you get your I-551 stamp on the day of your interview.

Where did you apply from, I mean city/state ? This will give us an idea which centers are moving slow/fast.

Thanks

I would not spend a lot of time worrying about it. The only time you have a problem is when USCIS takes your money and then tell you they cant find your case LOL! If USCIS can see you case then your somewhere in the system, do not loose hope, you know how they are. =)

Well that is the problem. Four weeks and there IS no case...nothing. All I know is that someone signed for the packages when they were delivered.

Thanks for your encouragement tho, it's most appreciated.

Atlanta, we live in the Sacramento area. Our letters are coming from Lee Summit, if that means anything. :p Reading other people's time lines, I felt our process was going quickly, too. But lots of people have long delays with name checks, so who knows....

Whippy, I'm on the same boat, our packages got delivered Jan 23rd, and at this point I haven't heard anything back, no checks or anything!

Atlanta, we live in the Sacramento area. Our letters are coming from Lee Summit, if that means anything. :p Reading other people's time lines, I felt our process was going quickly, too. But lots of people have long delays with name checks, so who knows....

Actually I have applied for my wife and what I have heard women don't usually run into name check issues and if my wife has a unique last name then that may help.

Just hoping for the best.

Keep us posted with your progress.

Actually I have applied for my wife and what I have heard women don't usually run into name check issues and if my wife has a unique last name then that may help.

Just hoping for the best.

Keep us posted with your progress.

Thanks. :) I think you're probably right. I think a lot has to do with where the non-citizen is from, too. I'm from Canada with a squeaky clean history. Not even a speeding ticket. And a unique surname. :)

Good luck to you in your process. :)

Whippy, I'm on the same boat, our packages got delivered Jan 23rd, and at this point I haven't heard anything back, no checks or anything!

gnr5, I hate to say this but I am glad to hear I'm not alone. :rolleyes: I hate it for both of us, but at least it does not seem my case is unique...or yours for that matter. I guess you could say this news makes me breathe a little easier.

Hang in there :eek:

gnr5, I hate to say this but I am glad to hear I'm not alone. :rolleyes: I hate it for both of us, but at least it does not seem my case is unique...or yours for that matter. I guess you could say this news makes me breathe a little easier.

Hang in there :eek:

Have you tried calling USCIS and asking them what would happen if your re-submite your paper work? This may be better then waiting for them to find it. I am not sure if that is a good idea but could be worth looking into. Not sure what you would do about the checks and stuff but like i said could be worth a shoot!

01/18/08 Mailed Parent I-130, I-131,I-485, I-765, I-864, I-693, G-325A
01/21/08 USPS Tracker delivered to Chicago lockbox
01/28/08 NOA for I-130, I-131 & I-765
with ND 01/25/08 and RD 01/21/08 from USCIS. Lee's Summit, MO
01/29/08 NOA for I-485
02/02/08 NOA for FP ( ND-01/29/08, FP Date - 02/19/08 )
[ Can see case onlie for all except I-485 ]
02/04/08 LUD I-765, I-131
02/07/08 LUD I-130 Transferred to CSC
02/08/08 LUD I-485 Transferred to CSC [ Can see I-484 case online for first time ]

Hmmmmm

Hello again everyone, im kind of worried, i mailed our I-130 on Jan 23rd and it was received at the chicago lockbock two days later, but i have not gotten anything since then. I guess it really does take four weeks to get your receipt notice? But im looking at the other timelines and everyone is getting their interviews already. Is it because weve only been married since november 2007 and dont have very much for bona fide marriage?
Any info would be appreciated. Has this happened to anyone else?
thanks, sweetcitywife

Not trying to discourage you here sweetcitywife, but if you read my postings and my timeline, my attorney had mailed my wife's paperwork on Jan 16th which was received at Chicago lockbox on Jan 19th (Saturday). Her receipt date is Jan 25th and her FP notice was sent out in Jan 29th for February 22nd. Have you called the customer service lately ? Please have the initial person who answers the calls at cust service escalate your call to the officer. Have a word with them and see what's going on. Did you file on your own or had an attorney fill out and send out the package on your behalf ? Not that it would speed up the process or make any difference but if there was one then you can always have him/her call USCIS and check on your file. You didn't miss out any documents or anything like that, correct ?

Keep us posted.

Hello again everyone, im kind of worried, i mailed our I-130 on Jan 23rd and it was received at the chicago lockbock two days later, but i have not gotten anything since then. I guess it really does take four weeks to get your receipt notice? But im looking at the other timelines and everyone is getting their interviews already. Is it because weve only been married since november 2007 and dont have very much for bona fide marriage?
Any info would be appreciated. Has this happened to anyone else?
thanks, sweetcitywife

There is nothing for you to worry about at this stage. It has only been 2 weeks since your application was sent. Give it another 2 weeks before calling customer service. You will find the number at www.uscis.gov

Here is the number to customer service 1-800-375-5283

Customer service phone number

Can you tell me the customer service number and what exactly i ask for? And what are the hours tomorrow? Yes, i included everything they wanted.
thanks,sweetcitywife

There is nothing wrong with checking with customer service and see what they have to say. It doesn't cost you anything. If I were you, I would call to check if everything is ok from their end. May be they have already mailed you out your receipt notice but it got lost or delayed in the mail.

Here is how you try to get the rep on the phone without being put on hold forever.

Dial 1-800-375-5283

Select options 1-2-6-0 (wait for about 2 secs after your press each option).

When someone answers the call, convince them to transfer/escalate your call to the officer so that he/she could look into your file in detail. They are usually open from 9am to 6pm EST Mon thru Fri.

Let us know your experience.

I've seen people that mailed the application the same day as us (we both mailed our petition the same day) and they've gotten the receipts and fingerprints appointments. However, my case is the same as yours, almost three weeks and checks are yet to be cashed. I guess we have to keep waiting. I also called and told me to wait two more weeks.

USCIS seem to be slowing =( . I have not gotten anything in the mail about an appointment. Seems that we have hit the bottle neck.