Any January filers out there?!?!

Good News!!!!!! :)
Praise Jesus, I got my IL today. Actually I hadn't checked my mail in 2-3 days. So I guess it was here sometime after Thursday. They have scheduled me for an Interview on 12th of August at 9:15am. Plz keep me in your prayers guys. I am very happy and at the same time....pretty nervous too.
Atlanta, I am very sure you're about to get your IL soon too. Ours got cancelled around the same time as well. I'll keep you guys posted on it.

Congrats Sharina

Praise Jesus, I got my IL today. Actually I hadn't checked my mail in 2-3 days. So I guess it was here sometime after Thursday. They have scheduled me for an Interview on 12th of August at 9:15am. Plz keep me in your prayers guys. I am very happy and at the same time....pretty nervous too.
Atlanta, I am very sure you're about to get your IL soon too. Ours got cancelled around the same time as well. I'll keep you guys posted on it.

What a way to start my week. I am so happy for you sharina. This is an excellent news that you have received your rescheduled IL for Aug 12th which is exactly 3 weeks from tomorrow. You have been very patient and finally you are so close in getting your GC approved. Do you still plan on taking your trip to India which you had scheduled earlier?
I just called my attorney in Atlanta and as of this morning he hasn't received anything in the mail regarding my wife's rescheduled IL. I am hoping that it should be here soon. Your IL definitely gives me hope and motivation.
Will keep u all posted.
Have a great week.

YEAAA!!! Congratz! Your giving me hope because you and me are off usually by 1-2 days. Maybe mine will get here this week!

It IS getting closer Nothere!:) Keep the faith.
One thing I wanted to share with you guys. The address on my Interview letter is incorrect :( and thats so wierd because I have gotten letters with the correct address on them from USCIS. They had not written my apartment number on it. I was lucky I still got the letter but that just proves how lightly they take these matters! I am going to ask them to correct it when I go there for interview.

Hey Salman,

I am keeping you in my prayers as well. Just keep the faith. Patience always pays and there is nothing much we can do with the USCIS! I am pretty sure your IL will come soon too. Yea, I still plan to make the trip. Can't wait to see my parents! :)

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On July 21, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Just an update..... just waiting for the actual card now..... ;)

congrats sharina!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your IL

Hi Sharina,

Your IL was mailed out of your local Oklahamo DO or was it sent from Lee Summit, MO center? Let's hope most of us get our IL's by end of the week.

Online status

Hey Salman,
Its been sent from my Oklahoma City DO.
The first one came from Lee's Summit though.

Thanks for the info Sharina. Listen, just another quick question. Has your online status changed or got updated since you recently received your new rescheduled IL in the mail. When I check my status online, it still hasn't changed. Let me know. Thank you.

I dunno why everytime I update my Signature here on this site, it says I have too many characters in the signature and doesnt let me save the new one till I reduce a lot of stuff! :(

Hey Guys,
I have a quick question. Can you please tell me what do we need the employer to write in the employment letter? I have read about people taking Employment Letter with them to the interview, is the pay stub not enough? Can anyone provide me with the matter in the letter please? Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it.

I received the actual Green Card yesterday.... :) whooo hoooo

I want to thank everyone on this thread for all of their help and prayers and know your journey is nearing it's end as well.....

I received the actual Green Card yesterday.... :) whooo hoooo

I want to thank everyone on this thread for all of their help and prayers and know your journey is nearing it's end as well.....

And without an interview even! :eek:

You are the lucky one! Congratulations. :D

Hey Guys,
I have a quick question. Can you please tell me what do we need the employer to write in the employment letter? I have read about people taking Employment Letter with them to the interview, is the pay stub not enough? Can anyone provide me with the matter in the letter please? Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it.

I don't know how important is for you take your employment letter along with you on the day of your interview. I am sure you could take your most recent pay stubs coz that's what I plan on doing as my project just came to an end & who knows I may not be employed on the day of my interview. I plan on taking my bank statements along with most recent pay stubs and may be a proof showing how much I have earned so far in 2008.