Any January filers out there?!?!

Got an e-mail from USCIS today that my wife's EAD card has been ordered yesterday on 8/8/08. Any idea, how long does it take for us to receive it in the mail? Thanks.

Mine took 10 days from the first e-mail stating that the card was being produced for it to arrive in the mail.

And the effective date on the card was the date it was approved, not the date it was actually produced.

Applying for Social Security Card

Hello all,

Question for folks who went thru the process of applying for SSN after they received their EAD card and while their GC process is still pending.

What documents do I need to gather other than that EAD card which I should receive in the mail in the next few days, photo id, may be Birth Certificate....I don't know.

Please let me know a checklist or list of documents which I would need to provide to the SSA office.

Also how long does it take to receive the SSN in the mail.

Thanks.

urgent..list of documents needed for the interview??

[Can some one pls gimme the list ofthe documents that i have to take for the interview........coz we lost the interview letter ...

walked in the SanJose office today and requested to get a photo copy of the interview letter at the door coz they wouldnt let us in.....,were told to come 1hr early onthe interview date and they would let us go in and give us the photo copy of the interview letter if we have our name in the list of the people that are suppose to come in for interview that day.......the officer at the door said thatthey have done this before for other people and gave us the name of the person who will be on duty for that morning.........

my husband lost his interview letter,his interview is on 15th aug...what should we do now??we are thinking of calling/or making an infopass appointment to find out if we could get a copy of the interview letter..........
any other ideas???

not getting infopass appointment for before the interview date...what to do now...husband called and the ins officer said to just show up on the appointment date....when i called another officer says" will not let us enter without the letter and will consider the case abandoned if not rescheduled before the appt. date"....[/]

waiting

Sharina,

Where have you been girl? We have been waiting anxiously to hear some good news on how your interview went today.

Please write your experience soon.

Hi Guys,
Hi SalmaaN,
Am sorry got a little late in posting my update. The interview was a breeze. The interviewer hardly asked any question. We got approved right away and we were out of the building in 7-10 minutes.
He took an oath and then just asked all those "No" questions from G-325. The only question he aksed was how did we meet and how long have we been married. And yea he also asked about when do we plan to have children. Then he explained to us about the conditional Green card thingy and that was it. My husband did say that I spent alot of time getting all the paper work and Albums togther so at least have a look at it. He replied he would have if he had any doubts. :) That was it.
You guys have been really really helpful. Thank you so much. I'll be here on and off and am praying for each one of you. Just hang in there guys and keep the faith.
Take care,:)

What nonsense

Just confused. Got this e-mail from USCIS again today. It says:

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered. On August 13, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you.

What's going on? We got this same e-mail last Friday on Aug 8th with the same wordings. I am lost. Any ideas or thoughts, please feel free to share.

Thanks.

Just confused. Got this e-mail from USCIS again today. It says:

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered. On August 13, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you.

What's going on? We got this same e-mail last Friday on Aug 8th with the same wordings. I am lost. Any ideas or thoughts, please feel free to share.

Thanks.

I had the same thing. I had the "Approved and Card Ordered" update on July 11th, then the same message again on July 16th. And on July 21st I got the update about the "Approval Notice Sent" and actually recieved the EAD in the mail - both on the same day.

Double email

Hello!

Atlanta Brother and TNguy78: That's a standard event when they send you the EAD. I wouldn't pay attention to the double notification, but it happens to almost everyone. I did get my EAD after 7 days of the first email, and also received a second email, but you can just ignore it.

I am relaxed now

Thank you TNguy and Kirkland for your responses. Ok, now USCIS can send me as many e-mails they want. Per your advice I would ignore them, but where is that IL we have all been waiting for. Almost half of the August has already gone :mad:

Let's stay in touch.

Hello all,

Question for folks who went thru the process of applying for SSN after they received their EAD card and while their GC process is still pending.

What documents do I need to gather other than that EAD card which I should receive in the mail in the next few days, photo id, may be Birth Certificate....I don't know.

Please let me know a checklist or list of documents which I would need to provide to the SSA office.

Also how long does it take to receive the SSN in the mail.

Thanks.

Any time USCIS updates your app (causing a new LUD), the computer system resends another email. I bet your second touch was the card being printed.

See the following link for SSN requirements:
http://www.ssa.gov/ss5doc/

It took me 2 weeks to get an updated SSN card when I became a USC last May. Dunno if EAD timelines are that much different.

If you're rushing to starting working, you can apply and in many cases work with an EAD and no SSN. For the few weeks until your SSN comes in and you tell it to your employer, they have to withhold taxes at the highest rate. Also, it is illegal for employers to ask anything but "can you work legally in the US without visa sponsorship" in interviews. What I frequently see in resumes is a line like "No visa sponsorship required" so that the question doesn't get raised in interviews.

-ML

K1 -> I-485 -> I-751 -> N-400

Filing I-130/I-485 for parent:
DO: Santa Ana / SC: California Service Center

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
5/22/08 - checks cashed, receipt numbers from Missouri MSC (NBC)
5/25/08 - Notice dates for all notices
5/29/08 - LUD I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 (received and pending at NBC)
6/07/08 - Fingerprint appointment letter received
6/12/08 - Fingerprint appointment date
6/12/08 - LUD I-485/I-765 (no change, still received and pending at NBC)
7/29/08 - LUD I-485 - RFE sent out, case on hold
7/30/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still on hold for RFE)
8/04/08 - RFE received, request for tax return, 87 days to respond
8/05/08 - Sent RFE response to NBC (regular mail)
8/14/08 - LUD I-485 (RFE received, case processing has resumed)

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD card is here

TN guy, ml_boston, Kirkland, sharina, Rose_W and everybody out there who assisted me with my EAD card questions. I wanted to let you all know that I just received my wife's EAD card in the mail this afternoon :).
We now plan on visiting our local SSA office first thing Mon morning to apply for the number. Hope that doesn't take too long. Once we get it, our next stop will be DMV to apply for her driv license.
Waiting anxiously for the IL now.
Thank you guys & have a great wknd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Thats cool Salmaan,
I recd a letter today welcoming the new PR with an I-130 Approval notice. Will keep you guys posted on everything.
Have a blessed weekend ahead. God bless.

Yeyyyy...Thats a great News Nothere! :) Congratulations. Am sure Atlanta and other January filers will have their IL in a few weeks. Its such a relief. :)