Any January filers out there?!?!

A little update from my end

Hi all,

I just checked the status of my wife's pending I-485 online and it says today's date 7/30/08 on LUD column. It has been showing 4/3/08 for almost 4months and all of a sudden I see this new LUD. This may be a good news, should we expect a IL in the mail anytime now? What do you all think? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

Update

:) Our interview was successful.

Thank you to everyone here who contributes useful information, shares timelines & answers questions.

I hope everything is moving well for everyone.

Congrats Gateway29 on your GC interview. Please let us know after you receive your actual GC in the mail. Just to give you an idea one of Jan users mazam received his GC in 10 days.

Still waiting

Sharina,

As of today, no IL at my end. Hey, let me ask you this. Did you see any change in LUD (online status) for your I-485 pending application few days before you received your IL. If you could check that for me, it can give me some idea. Anyways, I am scheduled for an infopass apptt for tomorrow afternoon. Lets see what the local DO has to say.
Thanks.

Hi Salman,
No There was no online update on my case! It still says Case Recd. and pending and the date is like.4-23-2008!!!!
All the best with ur Infopass.

Sharina,

As of today, no IL at my end. Hey, let me ask you this. Did you see any change in LUD (online status) for your I-485 pending application few days before you received your IL. If you could check that for me, it can give me some idea. Anyways, I am scheduled for an infopass apptt for tomorrow afternoon. Lets see what the local DO has to say.
Thanks.

let us know how the meeting goes!

I called them up the other day and talked to a nice lady. She said that she was going to send an email out to somebody because my case was taking to long, do not know if it will work, but better then nothing. Have you tried calling them up and asking them what is going on? If i do not hear from them by the end of next week i may do an Infopass request.

My Infopass appt at Atlanta DO today

Hello all,

Our infopass apptt was at 1:15pm this afternoon. We got there few mins earler and waited for our number to be called at around 2pm. The officer asked for our receipt notices and said that my wife's I-485 application is still pending. Hopefully she will get her IL soon. As far as her EAD card is concerned, it has been almost 2 months since she applied so she gotta wait a total of 90 days for EAD to be processed. I then requested her that I need to get in touch with a supervisor. She made me wait for about half an hour. The supervisor came and asked me my wife's A number. I handed her that interview cancelation notice from USCIS which was sent to us back in April. She took that notice and went back to her office. We waited for about 45 mins. The supervisor came back and called my wife's name. We went to one of the windows. She said that she just got done talking to the Missouri Service Center on the phone and on July 29th they have cleared her from the name check and placed her in que for the interview. I guess that's what that LUD was all about. She said that the interview date has not been scheduled yet but once they (Atlanta DO) receives her file, she will try to talk to her supervisor/manager and try to schedule her as soon as possible, but first she would like to get the file and according to her she went ahead and requested it today and should take 2-3 days for the file to get here from the service center.
I don't know if this is all a made up story or if there is any reality to it. God knows. I am just hoping for the best and praying for everybody.
Will keep u guys posted. Thank you for your support and suggestions.

problem........what to do??

my husband lost his interview letter,his interview is on 15th aug...what should we do now??we are thinking of calling/or making an infopass appointment to find out if we could get a copy of the interview letter..........
any other ideas???

my husband lost his interview letter,his interview is on 15th aug...what should we do now??we are thinking of calling/or making an infopass appointment to find out if we could get a copy of the interview letter..........
any other ideas???

Others have posted that the infopass people were able to give copies of RFE requests on the spot. So they probably can give you another copy of the interview letter.

-ML

DO: Santa Ana / SC: California Service Center

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
5/22/08 - checks cashed, receipt numbers from Missouri MSC (NBC)
5/25/08 - Notice dates for all notices
5/29/08 - LUD I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 (received and pending at NBC)
6/07/08 - Fingerprint appointment letter received
6/12/08 - Fingerprint appointment date
6/12/08 - LUD I-485/I-765 (no change, still received and pending at NBC)
7/29/08 - LUD I-485 - RFE sent out, case on hold
7/30/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still on hold for RFE)
8/04/08 - RFE received, request for tax return, 87 days to respond
8/05/08 - Sent RFE response to NBC (regular mail)

urgent........what to do??

not getting infopass appointment for before the interview date...what to do now...husband called and the ins officer said to just show up on the appointment date....when i called another officer says" will not let us enter without the letter and will consider the case abandoned if not rescheduled before the appt. date"....

not getting infopass appointment for before the interview date...what to do now...husband called and the ins officer said to just show up on the appointment date....when i called another officer says" will not let us enter without the letter and will consider the case abandoned if not rescheduled before the appt. date"....

You may want to show up at the DO without an infopass appt. When I went for an infopass a few months ago, there were people who didn't have an appointment. People with appointments got first priority, but others were still able to be seen.

-ML

DO: Santa Ana / SC: California Service Center

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
5/22/08 - checks cashed, receipt numbers from Missouri MSC (NBC)
5/25/08 - Notice dates for all notices
5/29/08 - LUD I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 (received and pending at NBC)
6/07/08 - Fingerprint appointment letter received
6/12/08 - Fingerprint appointment date
6/12/08 - LUD I-485/I-765 (no change, still received and pending at NBC)
7/29/08 - LUD I-485 - RFE sent out, case on hold
7/30/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still on hold for RFE)
8/04/08 - RFE received, request for tax return, 87 days to respond
8/05/08 - Sent RFE response to NBC (regular mail)

EAD card ordered

Got an e-mail from USCIS today that my wife's EAD card has been ordered yesterday on 8/8/08. Any idea, how long does it take for us to receive it in the mail? Thanks.