Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

OK I have to apologize for creating such a stupid confusion, apparantly I am loosing my mind & seeing things in the NOA!!!!

It clearly states, Original & copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application otherwise we may keep your originals for our records.

So the operative word here is the application (singular not plural) in question i.e. the I-485....

I feel like such a demented being now but seems like my heads working a little better already ;) so this confusion now stands resolved!

@thomkip - thanks a lot for your confidence :)

@immiresearch - thanks for the advice pal :) and the understanding. We do pray too that we get a nice IO but we also understand that as long as we stay true to the facts, nothing can come in between us - God willing ;)

2 more days and then we will all have another story to read :D and knowing my capacity to detail - a long one ;)

good lck to you..i am sure everything will be fine...cant wait to hear ur approval and interview experience.:)
and one thing do we get email if they send IL letter and do the online status change if they mail a IL letter. m still waiting for IL.its been alomost a month after i got my EAD..

good lck to you..i am sure everything will be fine...cant wait to hear ur approval and interview experience.:)
and one thing do we get email if they send IL letter and do the online status change if they mail a IL letter. m still waiting for IL.its been alomost a month after i got my EAD..

Hey Andy!!!

Its been a while, well I found out about my interview from the online status change. I logged into the USCIS account and it said that they had issued an IL. I got mine 16 days after the EAD arrived, donno if Dallas is backed up & hence the IL is not with you yet...I shall say a prayer for you :) am sure sooner than later you will have the IL too!

And in 2 days time, my story will be here for reading :)

Hey Noella, you dont need to take copies of the documents that you already submitted. You take the originals. What copies you need to take are things that are further evidence like copies of current bank statement, copies of current bills etc. Just take the originals of everything that you had submitted because they like to double check and if they need a copy, they can make it themselves.
Goodluck and I know you have this in the bag :)

Okay try number 3...I delted it by mistake.

I am very very confused with all that.

The NVC Agent told us we must mail from Asia all the original birth and marriage certf along with the medical forms etc.
He said they will mail them all to the embassy for the interview later after they look at them. I asked what if they get lost on the roundtrip around the world and his reply was then you worry about it when that happens. What the hell is up with that? I am very concerned here.

Does this sound correct to you guys?
Thanks for your input.

Currently we are waiting for a bill for the visa fees and to send in the form 864 and later mail in the form 230 with all our original documents.....still concerned about that.

Anyway thanks for any input in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Andy!!!

Its been a while, well I found out about my interview from the online status change. I logged into the USCIS account and it said that they had issued an IL. I got mine 16 days after the EAD arrived, donno if Dallas is backed up & hence the IL is not with you yet...I shall say a prayer for you :) am sure sooner than later you will have the IL too!

And in 2 days time, my story will be here for reading :)

@Noella , looks like the days of waiting are allmost over,i just want to say , good luck with your interview tomorrow!,and will pray for you!...hope to hear good news from you! .

hey everyone..i finally got my 10 year greencard today..YAY...Thank you for all of your support and I wish everyone else good luck with their processes!!!

@TonyGman

So, the first email I got was about picking an agent, but I couldn't actually find a website where I was supposed to do that. I got a second email the same night (about 20 minutes later) explaining the process for paying the fee ($88.00 if I remember correctly). I submitted the payment that night and today when I check the status was paid.

Since I paid the fee now I have to fill out an i-864 and submit it with a cover sheet receipt from the $88 fee. I'm not sure if I have to go back and do anything with the agent form. I may have already chosen myself in the original application (not sure if that is possible).

Anyway, hopefully this clarifies. Let me know if you've been getting the same type of steps. I filed an I-130 for my husband that is living abroad. I am a USC.

Hey guys!

11 hours away from one of the most important interviews of our lives :)

We are at the hotel, comfortable & relaxed (well as relaxed as we can get I guess o_O)

Been through all my files & papers and checklists etc about a million times by now....am laughing at myself now!!!!

Whatever happens tomorrow (God willing) I want to thank each one of you for your awesome support, confidence & advice.

This journey would never have been such a cake walk with out you guys... thomkip, induz, bosanci, immiresearch, maral, andypaul and all the others whose names are not coming to my dead brain atm :D

In the next 12 hours you should hear from me, atleast a one liner as to what the end result was....

Good night & God bless!

Good luck Noella..I am sure you got this :) can't wait to hear yet another story :)

I have my interview on July 15th, started gathering documents and got some questions piled up ..will post that soon!!

Good luck every one else with their process :)

Hey everyone, hope you guys are doing good. Noella, good luck today, cant wait to hear all about it.

We have one more week until out interview and I'm getting more and more excited and nervous with every day passing. I'm going thru questions, etc with my husband, just to refresh our memory. We got pretty much all the documents, pictures etc. together. Guess now its in gods hands.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this thread, its been such a blessing and helped so much.

Hey everyone, hope you guys are doing good. Noella, good luck today, cant wait to hear all about it.

We have one more week until out interview and I'm getting more and more excited and nervous with every day passing. I'm going thru questions, etc with my husband, just to refresh our memory. We got pretty much all the documents, pictures etc. together. Guess now its in gods hands.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this thread, its been such a blessing and helped so much.

Good luck with the interview preparations, musicaa - Next week is your turn and good to know that you prepared everything and ready to go :) I hope everything goes well!!!

I got my interview next month so might have some questions while preparing :)

Goodluck everyone!

I see there's a lot of people scheduled for interview this week. I know I am a passive member of this forum but all your inputs have been very helpful to me. So I'm praying for everyone's successful interview. Sending you all good vibes!!!

Hey guys...a quick post before we head for home again...

Interview went well, no approval or denial given (am worried only because the IO seemed very frozen)

Her last line was " I will have to review your file and then make my decision"

Details of the interview once we get home, lets hope I have some good notification come my way before I get back on here to give yall the whole story...

Seems like I will be travelling on my AP document for now...makes me sad but I will not loose hope!

Thanks again for everything you guys :)

Don't worry Noella I got the same statement and two days later I got my welcome letter! You got approved! Congratulations!

Don't worry Noella I got the same statement and two days later I got my welcome letter! You got approved! Congratulations!

Thanks happyness :) I am just low because while we were in the middle of the interview she accepted a phonecall and says "I am just very tired today" and in my heart I was like, man could we not get someone more awake and interested in what we are saying! Anyway, I shall narrate the whole experience once I get home...

Thanks happyness :) I am just low because while we were in the middle of the interview she accepted a phonecall and says "I am just very tired today" and in my heart I was like, man could we not get someone more awake and interested in what we are saying! Anyway, I shall narrate the whole experience once I get home...

@Noella, dont worry its all just for drama and effect. You nailed it for sure :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@TonyGman

So, the first email I got was about picking an agent, but I couldn't actually find a website where I was supposed to do that. I got a second email the same night (about 20 minutes later) explaining the process for paying the fee ($88.00 if I remember correctly). I submitted the payment that night and today when I check the status was paid.

Since I paid the fee now I have to fill out an i-864 and submit it with a cover sheet receipt from the $88 fee. I'm not sure if I have to go back and do anything with the agent form. I may have already chosen myself in the original application (not sure if that is possible).

Anyway, hopefully this clarifies. Let me know if you've been getting the same type of steps. I filed an I-130 for my husband that is living abroad. I am a USC.

@staticfade56

I filed the I 130 for my wife that is living abroad and I am the USC. Same as you but in reverse :)

The agent form email arrived and I sent out the form to pick myself as agent last week. They must have the form because yesterday I had an email in regards to the $88 fee which I sent in for payment and waiting on that now. Just so you know I had the 864 form filled out in advance ready to go but need to redo that now as it has the 2009 tax info and now we need the 2010 info. Hopefully you will catch that before you mail it out. I am hoping to mail out ours on monday because I am waiting for a paid notice and the 2010 tax transcript.

Hope that helps you and whoever else might be in our boat.
Cheers

Ok so we got our I-130 approved on May 31. On the USCIS website they say that they have shipped a package to both the beneficiary and petitioner. We got the NOA2 on Monday but the beneficiary (lives outside the US- a minor) still hasn't received their package as yet. Is something wrong? What am I (the petitioner) to do? I am lost when it comes to NVC. Can you shed some light for me plz.

OK, I am really starting to freak out because of some recent developments. I am actually a 1/31 filer, but posted here initially, as I couldn't find a January thread.
My case is still not approved (I am a USC filing for a spouse residing abroad), but my file is getting updates which are becoming more and more weird.
I received the NOA, and then long silence.
Then, on 5/17, I get this:

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On May 17, 2011, we transferred this case to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for additional processing.

Then, on 6/2 another one:

The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office.

And today, a yet another one:

On June 14, 2011, we transferred this case I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.

What is this all about??? Has anybody seen anything similar? From the Chicago lockbox, to CSC, to NBC, to an unnamed center and now to VSC? When applicants with later priority dates are getting approvals left and right?
I'm freaking out, not really sure what's going on. At least I haven't seen/heard of anybody with similar development. Anyone any thoughts?