Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Sorry guys, I forgot to put my signature on my last post.

ASC: Naperville, IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - AL for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 36: 04/04/2011 - IL received in the mail - Interview May 4, 2011 at 11:29am

Hi all,
Tonight my wife and I decided to get all the paperwork ready for our interview on Friday.
We thought we had everything we needed, it was just a matter or organizing it so we both know where everything is.
After a while we realized we didn't have her birth certificate! She is a USC and we sent a copy of her BC with the original petition, unfortunately that was the only copy we made. All along we thought we had her original BC but after hours of looking for it we were not able to find it :( There is no way we can get an original by Friday.
She has a US passport but the IL asks (in 2 occasions) for her Birth Certificate AND proof of United States citizenship. I'm wonder if this is a big problem or if the reason they want her BC is to prove citizenship, in which case her passport should do...
We would greatly appreciate any thoughts.

@induz
Did the officer ever ask for your spouse's BC?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has gone quiet for the last one day. Did y'all go to exile or something lol :):)
I received my EAD today in the mail

Noella- Its good that you got biometrics out of the way. Have a safe trip when you go visit your mom and I hope that she will get better.

I was thinking the same thing lol. This thread used to be busy, infact i thought i was the only person being absent lately. Anyway hope everybody is fine!

Hi all,
Tonight my wife and I decided to get all the paperwork ready for our interview on Friday.
We thought we had everything we needed, it was just a matter or organizing it so we both know where everything is.
After a while we realized we didn't have her birth certificate! She is a USC and we sent a copy of her BC with the original petition, unfortunately that was the only copy we made. All along we thought we had her original BC but after hours of looking for it we were not able to find it :( There is no way we can get an original by Friday.
She has a US passport but the IL asks (in 2 occasions) for her Birth Certificate AND proof of United States citizenship. I'm wonder if this is a big problem or if the reason they want her BC is to prove citizenship, in which case her passport should do...
We would greatly appreciate any thoughts.

Ouch!. . sorry to hear that man. I believe a passport clearly proves ones age, atleast for the sake of it but the problem might the fact that you have to show the original of every paper submitted. What about getting an affidavit in a court or something? I really dont know what to say and hopefully it wont be a clog.

@JBlack

I am sorry to hear that you are not able to find the BC. Sometimes the IO is considerate and is satisfied with the copies. As far as my interview goes, the IO did not as for a single document from my wife. He was only interested in our wedding pics when he was interviewing my wife. I think BC might be one of the last documents the IO will want to see if he is very probing-type. And since she has per passport (and a naturalization certificate if she's not a US born citizen), that is enough evidence for the IO. If the IO asks for it, just explain it to him about it. Good luck and let us know how it went.

Good morning everyone :)

@ induz_ , @Everyone

Once we get an IL, do they mention what all documents we need to carry with us? Still I haven't got my IL yet, but just want to gather all the documents and photos and get it ready, in that way if I am missing anything I can start looking for it. So, please let us know if there is any checklist where we can make sure we have all our docs. Thanks in advance!

another update...

Ok so this is super confusing....

Got online to see if I can see any more applications online, so far I was only able to see my AP application which is already in my hands!

Here is what I got when I ran all my receipt numbers:

Card/ Document Production

On April 15, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Lemme explain why I am so confused....my biometrics appt was on the same date @ 3pm so how is it that they put my card in production on the same date...

Also, I am now confused because if my card is already in production and that also means my IL should be on its way soon, it just may mean that I wont be able to make my trip back home before I get my GC :( which then means I am gonna have to apply for a re-entry permit :(

Looking and judging from everyone else's timelines, I was hoping my IL would be in the mail within a month from my bio appt following which it would buy us another month before the interview took place...seems like those plans are kinda crashing...

Any advise? as many perspectives as I can get ;)

And a very good morning to everyone too :D

PS: Still can not see anything online for my I-485 & I-130.

@immig4us

Hope you have been doing good buddy! I am sure your IL should be on it's way soon. The IL they send does contain a list of all the documents they expect in the interview, but that is not the finite list. Usually they mention the originals of all the supporting documents you submitted along with your AOS package (birth certificates for both of you, driver's license, proof of citizenship, passports, employer letter, W2, 1040, all kinds of immigration documents that you have ever since you entered the US etc). Apart from this people do carry proof of living together - which includes and not limited to joint account documents, life and health insurance copies, least/joint home ownership proof, proof of any other property you have together, car's joint-ownership, pictures, car insurance copies and the list can go on. Basically the more proofs you have the better your case is. We were even asked if we have the same keys to our home. Luckily I had read about that the morning of our interview and I asked my wife to specifically carry her set of keys with her to the interview because whenever we go out together, she leaves her keys back home. The interviewer didn't ask to see both the keys but it's good to have everything rather than going back to submit the proofs. So yes, go through your pile of mails for the past months and pick up all the letters, joint statements, insurance card you have received. I did not carry tons and tons of documents but did carry some significant ones. They were never asked for but they are all nice to have sort of documents.
Hope this helps.

@Noella

First of all - congratulations on getting your biometrics done successfully and congratulations again on having your EAD card production ordered. It's quite possible that your EAD was waiting only for your biometrics to be complete and as soon as you had it done, they ordered it for production. So that is a good thing.
Sorry to hear about you mother not being well. I pray she gets better.
Now that your biometrics are done and EAD ordered, I am sure the IL would be on it's way. You can either request them to advance it to a later date (and from what I have read that could mean a long delay) or travel with your AP and be back before your interview date. Hypothetically, even if you receive your IL today, the actual interview might well be a month away. That could give you enough time to be back. You can carry your interview letter with you and show it on your return at your port of entry (just to be on a safer side since as it says on the card the AP does not guarantee an entry to the USA). Another option would be to travel right away, have someone checking your mail everyday and as soon as the IL arrives, send you a copy of the IL through fax or email.
I may not understand your priorities in this situation but if I was at your place I would do those things I mentioned above and be back before the interview. It would not be advisable to have the date postponed but that is just me.

Whatever you do, wish you good luck for that. Do let us know what you plan to do.

@induz

Thanks for your wise words :)

I will def not consider rescheduling the interview since I do understand that it could be months before they give me another date.

We can not travel immediately, too many complications there too, the earliest we can travel is the 1st week of June.

I guess I am gonna have to play the wait & watch game once again lol!!!!

Worse comes to worst, a re-entry permit is always there, I am just hoping I do not find the need to look into that option at all!!!!

@INDUZ

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I haven't been on in awhile! Now, I have to go back in time and read about your interview process! I am so happy for you!

@INDUZ

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I haven't been on in awhile! Now, I have to go back in time and read about your interview process! I am so happy for you!

Thank you MaraL! Hope your application goes without any issues this time around. Did you get it reviewed from anyone or did you just read and re-read the instructions before filling the application. Whatever it is, hope you have a smooth sailing this time around. Good luck!

We had gotten our initial application paperwork from the International Institute with all the filing fees and everything,that's whay I was pissed off to find they have NOT updated their materials. This time around I hope their is no problems! Fingers crossed!
I read your interview post--amazing! It seems as if it was real smooth. I am pretty sure that when I go for mine that we will have a stokes since this is my husbands 2nd marriage and 2nd time applying. I hope we get the same guy that interviewed us for the I130--he was great. It was literally 5 mins long and he approved it right away...god, that just seems so far away for us. I think that I will start crying during the interview because of all my frustrations! BUt i'm keeping positive thoughts from now:)

Hi all,

JBlack- Good luck on your interview tomorrow buddy. Just take your spouse's passport with you because that is proof of US citizenship. I don't think its a big deal, if they ask for the original, just say that you dont have the original and give them an explanation. I actually think the letter says proof of citizenship. So if you have one of the two (BC or Passport) you are good. Most of the time they wont even ask for it.
Let us know how it goes, I will be praying for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
@thomkip
Thanks a lot man. I was kind of freaking out at first but after reading some of the responses I'm not as stressed out. I figured if they really want it we can always send it when we get it next week but hopefully it won't come to that.

3/18/11 filed sent.
3/23/11 received.
4/13/11 received appoint letter for interview.
I didn't receive finger print appointment. This is my second time to apply for adjustment of status. the first one was denied thru my now ex-wife. got married later and i just filed on thedate shown above. case is in national benefit centre. my question is why they never asked me to go for biometric and second why is it so first!!! Are they planning to deny me? please help

I'm in the same boat as you are. I however have not received my Interview Letter as yet and I filed Feb 16,2011.
They say that b/c I am a child of a USC fingerprinting isn't necessary. I don't know your history but you or your petitioner can call and ask why you haven't received one as yet. BTW, congrats on receiving your IL!!! :)

@JBlack - GOOD LUCK with the interview - u got this. Let us know how it went.

@coolsammy - Congrats to the IL.

No news on my side, still waiting for my IL and my EAD in my mailbox.

Wishing everyone Happy Easter!!!