Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Oh my gosh, that is just awesome! We have been all thinking about you and hoping that something happened. I am very happy for you!

Hi Everyone,

got an email today from the USCIS saying that my EAD card went into production!!! :D I'm so excited and relieved!! Maybe it helped that I called and expedite.

Next up the interview letter, lets hope it wont be too long of a wait.

@emperorraj - Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it.

@immig4us - We pretty much have the same timeline, so I'm sure you will hear something soon. I called last week on tuesday to expedite, as a reason I gave "financial loss". They didnt ask for any paperwork/evidence, just got an email on monday saying that my case was under review and today it changed to Card Production. If you wont hear anything soon, maybe thats something you can do.

Hi Everyone,

got an email today from the USCIS saying that my EAD card went into production!!! :D I'm so excited and relieved!! Maybe it helped that I called and expedite.

Next up the interview letter, lets hope it wont be too long of a wait.

Hey musicaa! Congratulations on the EAD. Moving one step closer does feel good. I think you should be receiving the card in 7-10 days. Hopefully you will hear soon about your interview letter too. You have shown so much patience already. Good luck!!

As for me, I received my I-485 approval letter - Welcome to America. Also my wife received her I-130 approval letter - this is the first time we ever heard anything on our I-130 since we filed it. And it still doesn't show up on the website yet. Strange ways how sometimes the online system works. On April 12th, I received another card production notification but the status is still on the Card/ Document Production step. So I think they haven't shipped it yet. Maybe sometime next week.

Good luck to yemroy, thomkip and immiresearch for their interviews. Hope you guys are all set. Not much time left now before we can hear some more good stories. Keep us posted folks.

Congratulations musicaa !!! very happy for you :)

I'm waiting for my EAD and IL. I hope I hear something soon...i'm really nervous :(....good to see your good news....Do you guys think I should call and ask them about the status or should I wait some more time???

immig4us - Since you completed your biometrics almost shy of a month ago I would suggest to wait a week or so more before calling them. USCIS by thumb rule does not entertain calls about cases which have not been hung for a long time. So they might just ask you to call after XX number of days. Have some patience buddy! When I had called them regarding how my cases do not show online, they just told me that I will be called for an interview within 6 months. And I too called them after my biometrics. So just wait for a little while before calling them. Good luck!

After a lot of hand wringing I finally got my EAD yesterday! (FYI, I had called for an expedite and wasn't asked for evidence of financial hardship either)

So now I'm in preparation for my interview. I found a cheap immigration lawyer and will be assembling my paperwork and evidence.

Good luck you guys!

immig4us - Since you completed your biometrics almost shy of a month ago I would suggest to wait a week or so more before calling them. USCIS by thumb rule does not entertain calls about cases which have not been hung for a long time. So they might just ask you to call after XX number of days. Have some patience buddy! When I had called them regarding how my cases do not show online, they just told me that I will be called for an interview within 6 months. And I too called them after my biometrics. So just wait for a little while before calling them. Good luck!

Hey induz,
Good to know that you received approval letter :) Congrats!!! Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I agree with you, I guess I should wait for another week or so and see if I hear anything back from USCIS. Yep, Patience is the Key but sometimes it so tough to follow that :p haha...yea, I guess everyone went through this process and everybody feels the same but we will pass through :) I hope everything goes well!

Hey musicaa,

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I'll wait for another week or so and see how it goes from there if I didn't hear anything by then then I might follow your suggestion :) Good luck with your IL letter!

Everyone,

Good luck with the process. We will get through this :)

As for me, I received my I-485 approval letter - Welcome to America. Also my wife received her I-130 approval letter - this is the first time we ever heard anything on our I-130 since we filed it. And it still doesn't show up on the website yet. Strange ways how sometimes the online system works. On April 12th, I received another card production notification but the status is still on the Card/ Document Production step. So I think they haven't shipped it yet. Maybe sometime next week.

Good luck to yemroy, thomkip and immiresearch for their interviews. Hope you guys are all set. Not much time left now before we can hear some more good stories. Keep us posted folks.

Thanks for the well wishes. You will probably be getting your GC in the next 3-5 days. Receiving a approval letter is a sign that the GC is on the way. I hope that all of our cases will be as smooth as yours.
For those that have not received IL, I hope they come soon.

my timeline

02/05/2011 ~ Mailed I-130
02/07/2011 ~ Package signed for at Chicago lock box
02/07/2011 ~ Priority date
02/10/2011 ~ NOA1 notice date
02/18/2011 ~ NOA1 hard copy received in mail
********** ~ Routed to California Service Center
02/18/2011 ~ Last Touched

I-130 filed for my spouse living abroad.

my receipt # starts with WAC.

I expect approval of a petition somewhere around mid-June.:confused:

TonyGman you are not alone.

@John_Trucker

Glad to hear from you, thanks. Looks like your time frame is about the same as mine minus a few weeks.
I would be thrilled to have her visa by July :)
Good Luck to you and I hope you update us on your progress.

@Yemroy, Thomkip and Immiresearch congrats for your interviews and I hope it goes well for you.

@Induz,
Congrats on your approval letter.
I know my better half is worried about the interview and her english skills already.

@Musicaa,
Good luck with your IL.

@ all

Thanks to you all for your good wishes on my upcoming interview. It is greatly appreciated!

@Induz,
Congrats on your approval letter.
I know my better half is worried about the interview and her english skills already.

Thanks TonyGman! English skills right now would not be a problem because she should be able to request for an interpreter for the initial interview. It is allowed and is explicitly mentioned on the interview letter to bring an interpreter if the interviewee is not comfortable with the language. Since she will be interviewed at the consulate in your home country, they might already have an interpreter on their payroll since so many people who apply for visas are not too well versed with the language themselves. So ask her to put her worries to rest and concentrate on attending the interview with all confidence. Good luck to her! And to you too.

Thank you verymuch Noella. I will follow the instructions. Did you go in person to the embassy/consulate or did you mail it in? How long did it take for you to receive it?

hey again :)

I would advise you to go in person, you will get the passport back a lot quicker!

The consulate in Houston gave me my passport back in a week's time, they said if I had sent it by mail they would have taken 2 months o_O

all the best & keep me posted.

@Noella
hey hows goin..where is ur ASC at? when u planning to go there for ur biometrics..i got my appt too..

Congratulations yet again buddy!!!!!

My ASC is in Dallas, South Westmoreland. I will be there tomorrow...with the only difference being I am gonna have to take a 3 hr drive to get there :D

After a lot of hand wringing I finally got my EAD yesterday! (FYI, I had called for an expedite and wasn't asked for evidence of financial hardship either)

So now I'm in preparation for my interview. I found a cheap immigration lawyer and will be assembling my paperwork and evidence.

Good luck you guys!

All the best for the interview and congratulations on getting your EAD :)

Good morning everyone!

After all the wrestling and trying to figure out how this will work out, we finally managed to sort out a way to get to my biometrics o_O

Since it is a rather simple process, I am not worried at all considering all the experiences shared here - I just wish there was a way I could have done a walk in but nevertheless :)

My hubby & I are planning on taking a trip back home to see my mom, if things fall into place and the timing is right.

Looking at certain timelines, I see that it takes abt a month for them to set the interview, maybe we can sneak in a 2 week trip then God willing!

Since we can not travel right after the interview, we may try and use that window...lets see what happens, I will def keep you all posted :)

janedoh, Gelia, immiresearch, yemroy, Thomkip - all the best for your upcoming interview preparations :)

we are all looking forward to hearing the stories :)

Are NOAs considered approval notices? My wife needs to get her passport renewed at Washington DC indian embassy and they can issue a 2 year validity passport only with an approval notice. She needs a valid ID before her finger printing appointment (I think). The passport is the only ID she can get. From the time lines of the forum memebers I have noticed only NOAs but nothing to indiacte a specific Approval notice. confused.

Are NOAs considered approval notices? My wife needs to get her passport renewed at Washington DC indian embassy and they can issue a 2 year validity passport only with an approval notice. She needs a valid ID before her finger printing appointment (I think). The passport is the only ID she can get. From the time lines of the forum memebers I have noticed only NOAs but nothing to indiacte a specific Approval notice. confused.

NOA's are not approval notices dear :( I was trying to do the same, they are only notifications of an ongoing process.

She will have to take a 1 year validy passport and then go on to renewing it for a 10 yr one just like I am...

my updates:

-march 31-2011 --Biometric Appointment done
-april 8-2011 -- sent to uscis the "request of evidence" for i 485 supp A
(1000$ for i485 sup A,and copy of translated birth certificate,also got a
lawyer on board,and added some other papers/documentation for i485 sup A ,for the 245i law.)

-april 11-2011 -- uscis signed for "request of evidence" envolove.
-april 12-2011 --received email for i 485 sup A ,that they are processing the "roe"

now when i check on uscis.gov site :
for
-i485 it changed to : "request of evidence response review
-i765 is on initial review.

thanks,