Any April 2008 Filers?

IL before EAD - What's going on?

The "usual" path is to get the EAD and then the IL. Does anyone know why some people are getting the IL before the EAD: is this a new "usual" path?

Uncertainty is so uncomfortable...

The "usual" path is to get the EAD and then the IL. Does anyone know why some people are getting the IL before the EAD: is this a new "usual" path?

Uncertainty is so uncomfortable...

According to my lawyer, in a straightforward no complications case, usually the interview letter and EAD coincide and sometimes, it so happens that you get the green card ahead of your EAD (which is of no use then). so i think EAD and then green card is the usual way but sometimes they might be too close.

Marriage based April Filing Indianapolis DO

got the Advance Parole approved notice in email

I-485, I-765, I-131 applied on 04/03/2008
Received Date 04/04/2008
Notice Date 04/08/2008
Notice Received 04/11/08
FP notice 04/14/08
FP appt : 05/01/08
FP done: everything was over in 15 min; the lady told me to expect the EAD in two weeks to three months.
Interview notice: 06/05/08
Interview date : 07/14/08
LUD EAD ordered email: 06/18/08
LUD AP approved email: 06/18/08

hope everything goes smooth.

will keep you posted.

Thank you...

According to my lawyer, in a straightforward no complications case, usually the interview letter and EAD coincide and sometimes, it so happens that you get the green card ahead of your EAD (which is of no use then). so i think EAD and then green card is the usual way but sometimes they might be too close.

Now I have to wait for the IL, but since I will be receiving the EAD soon I will be busy looking for a job :D

Thank you!

Hey awesome news!! You must be excited, you'll be able
to start looking for work soon! Congrats!

Hope mine isnt too far away....

I'm sure it's not we filed almost at the same time and we're moving at about the same pace: be ready!!!! :D :D :D :D

Wow - that's fast. Congrats.

Another reason why the "processing times" is so unreliable.
From the NBC Processing times as of June 15, 2008:
I-765 based on (c)(9) - March 22, 2008 (Close as your date is April 4, 2008)
For Indianapolis:
I-765 - Feb 1, 2008
I-485 - Oct 14, 2007 - But you've already got your Interview Letter and your RD is April 4, 2008

TNGUY, my D.O is also memphis. lets compare timelines. see mine below.

Ugh... bad news!

I got an email from USCIS and I guessed it was my EAD ordered notice because some of you with similar timelines have received yours this week... instead, it's an RFE notice and they've suspended my I-485 until I give them the extra evidence (I don't actually know what they need - I guess I'll get the letter in the mail this week with the details.)

I am feeling so disheartened. It's been 60 days since I filed my I-485 and I thought I was past the point where you'd normally get an RFE... I have no idea what could be missing from my application, we were thorough to the point of overkill!

Blah. I am desperately homesick and miserable not working... if one more person tells me "oh, you must feel so lucky, you married an American and you can get your citizenship" I think I'll go postal! I'd much rather live in Australia, but my husband has a job here he loves and we bought a house just before the crash so he doesn't want to leave anytime soon. I was coping ok thinking I could visit home soon but now I just feel deflated... I feel so claustrophic here. I grew up traveling constantly and I'm not used to being stuck in one place.

I'm 100% legal and our marriage is as real as it comes so this is just frustrating - I know there's not a real problem with my case, whatever is holding us up has to be something trivial and stupid! I guess I'll find out soon enough...

I know it's probably wishful thinking, but the notice just said they'd suspended my I-485.... does that mean my EAD and advanced parole applications might still be ticking along, or do they get canned too?

Wishing you all better luck... my gorgeous husband knows I'm miserable so he's cooking me dinner tonight, better go check on him before he burns the kitchen down :)

Aw I'm sorry to hear your recieving an RFE captainkit, as you said im sure its trivial and silly, and you'll be back on track in no time.. we have similar time lines, im still waiting to hear something..
I know what you mean about being homesick, and feeling miserable cos you cant work.. im in the same boat, but my daughter helps me keep my mind off it. If its an RFE for your I-485 im pretty sure that your EAD and AP will be delayed.. atleast thats what ive read in other threads. Keep us posted on how it goes.. oh and by the way hope your hubby didnt burn down the kitchen.. :p

Hey captainkit,

Just letting you know there is another Aussie in waiting here too. I got married to my wonderful American husband on March 1st... and am sitting around waiting too. I threw my back out bad and couldn't make it to my first biometrics appt in April, so had to reschedule for May. Then I wasn't aware I could apply for a I-765, so got the fingerprint for it done in earlier this month. Also had an RFE too. I feel so set back and frustrated. Especially when people keep asking me where I am working, of if I am bored yet. Good luck and hang in there!

Marriage based April Filing Indianapolis DO

got the Advance Parole in mail;

I-485, I-765, I-131 applied on 04/03/2008
Received Date 04/04/2008
Notice Date 04/08/2008
Notice Received 04/11/08
FP notice 04/14/08
FP appt : 05/01/08
FP done: everything was over in 15 min; the lady told me to expect the EAD in two weeks to three months.
Interview notice: 06/05/08
Interview date : 07/14/08
LUD EAD ordered email: 06/18/08
LUD AP approved email: 06/18/08
AP in mail: 06/23/08

hope everything goes smooth.

will keep you posted.

Update

I recieved an RFE today, but thats Ok its something simple. The letter
states:
"In order to process your application further, the petitioner/sponsor
on form I-864EZ affidavit of support must submit all federal income
tax ducumentation submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year"

Well we had sumbitted photocopies of the 2 most recent tax years
W2 forms.. I did read in the instructions something about 1099
forms, but im not sure what they are, and my husband was clueless,
anyone know exactly what theyre asking me to send in??

Thanks guys, hopefully ill be back on track in no time!! =)

About the 1099

I recieved an RFE today, but thats Ok its something simple. The letter
states:
"In order to process your application further, the petitioner/sponsor
on form I-864EZ affidavit of support must submit all federal income
tax ducumentation submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year"

Well we had sumbitted photocopies of the 2 most recent tax years
W2 forms.. I did read in the instructions something about 1099
forms, but im not sure what they are, and my husband was clueless,
anyone know exactly what theyre asking me to send in??

Thanks guys, hopefully ill be back on track in no time!! =)

Yeah, I'm sure you'll be OK: it seems that they either misplaced your paper work, or you sent the info. for the 2006 fiscal year, and they need your 2007 tax info.

The 1099 form is used for contractors: if you do not work directly for a company, but do ocasional work for them that income would be declared in your 1099 form. If your husband is an employee you can disregard this, and just collect all the paperwork for 2007. When they ask you for your tax info. they need not only the W-2's but all the forms you send to pay your taxes (or get your refund) and send them overnight :)

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kirkland, thanks for the reply, my husband gets his tax's done
thru a tax agent, and he has a whole booklet of paperwork i dont
know which forms theyre exactly wanting, cos there is alot.
Unless they want me to photocopy the whole booklet.......
(for the past 3 years)

1099 can also be for taxable interest income on bank accounts, like savings (1099 INT)
That's an easy one to miss.