Any April 2008 Filers?

Wait

:D :D :D 5 years? I've got married after 7 years :D :D :D

Welcome rein021d. Regarding the IL: well, I don't know, but some people have received theirs this week without having their EAD or AP documents yet. The general trend appeared to be one month to FP, month to 1.5 month to EAD and one more month to IL, but from the activity this week I am not sure. The rule seems to be: once you see a pattern forget about it because it will change :D

So like patience, and bumblebee say: patience...

I don't have news to report: still waiting.

P.S. reddysaab: congrats! :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No updates here either, but i know its coming.. i can feel it! =P

Yeah i always thought you get the EAD first and then the IL comes
a little later, but apparently its not always like that lol.

I dont think ill go by any certain pattern, just whatever comes first..

Hope we all hear something soon!! I need some more of that
thing called "Paitence" =P

Update from my side(details in my signature) is that the cases have been transferred to CSC. However, the EAD and AP remains in MSC and still not approved.

Wondering if this means if atleast the Background check/Name check is cleared?

Just checking in..

Any April filers heard anything from USCIS or have had
any updates??

Paitently Waiting lol ......

April filer for father in India

I-130 for father
-------------------------------------------------------------
April 5 2008: [Day 0 ] Mailed the packet to LockBox
April 10: [Day 5 ] Receipt Date
April 11: [Day 6 ] Checks cashed
April 11: [Day 6 ] Online message - Case Received and Pending
April 11: [Day 6 ] Service center - Service center - Vermont

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my updated details:

I-485, 130, 131, 765, 864, G325 sent on March 25
RD: March 28, 2008
ND: April 2, 2008
Notice Received: April 6, 2008
FP Appointment: April 25, 2008
AP mailed: May 24, 2008
EAD mailed: May 29, 2008

Hello...

Just came here to say: no update. :cool:

Same here... Still waiting. It's a two-sided anxiety, since a letter could mean good news if it's an IL and an EAD production, or bad news if it happens to be the dreaded RFE letter. It seems though that most people who receive RFEs have gotten them by this stage of their filing (>45 days). Of course one never knows...

Same here... Still waiting. It's a two-sided anxiety, since a letter could mean good news if it's an IL and an EAD production, or bad news if it happens to be the dreaded RFE letter. It seems though that most people who receive RFEs have gotten them by this stage of their filing (>45 days). Of course one never knows...

Yeah im up to day 60 so im hoping that if i were to get a RFE it would of been by now.. guess we will see. I'm waiting for something, anything..
Anyone have any spare paitence?? Think im running out...

Got my EAD today. So now can I go get my social or do I wait a few days? I'm planning on going to the SSA at 7 am on Monday.

April filer receives EAD

I'm not quite sure how this works but I think I'm posting all over the place. Anyway, I received my EAD in the mail today. I live in NYC but my lawyer's office sent my package to the Missouri DO. They said they're processed much faster there. I plan on going to social security admin to get a SS#. Do I need to give them time before I go and request one?
Good luck to all!!!! It's coming for you too! I hope my timeline helps.

I live in NYC but my lawyer's office sent my package to the Missouri DO. They said they're processed much faster there.

Congratulations on your progress! I am on day 50 now, and no interview letter yet...

I also had a question: when you say your lawyer sent your package to the Missouri DO, do you mean he/she physically mailed it there or still filed it to the Chicago Lockbox and listed a DO in Missouri (Kansas City or St Louis) on line 22 of your I-130? I've been trying to figure out how this works...

Thanks. Sorry I'm not sure about the answer to your social security question. I seem to recall that if you have an EAD in hand, you can apply for a card, but it will bear the mention "valid with USCIS authorization only" or something along those lines, until you actually get your green card.
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong about this. I'd like to know too!

EAD and the SS Office

Hello patience & rein021d,

Like rein021d said your SS card will have "Valid only with authorization" on it, but your EAD is obviously the authorization. Great to see that your case is moving so smoothly! Congrats on getting the card (that can be used immediately to work!) :D By now you should have your SSN, so good luck job hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
ss#

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your ssn once you've got your EAD, and applied for it, i heard it can take several months, is this correct? or is it a simple process?

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your ssn once you've got your EAD, and applied for it, i heard it can take several months, is this correct? or is it a simple process?

It should be straight forward. One of the user in another thread got it in a matter of week for his parents.

5/16/08: Applied for SSN (DAD)
5/19/08: Applied for SSN (MOM)
5/19/08: LUD for I-485
5/22/08: Received SSN in the mail (DAD)

Applied for social

Hello all. I applied for my social on Monday with my EAD and passport. All went well and they said it will take 7 days to 2 weeks.

UPDATE

Marriage based April Filing Indianapolis DO

got the "card production
ordered" email from USCIS for my EAD

I-485, I-765, I-131 applied on 04/03/2008
Received Date 04/04/2008
Notice Date 04/08/2008
Notice Received 04/11/08
FP notice 04/14/08
FP appt : 05/01/08
FP done: everything was over in 15 min; the lady told me to expect the EAD in two weeks to three months.
Interview notice: 06/05/08
Interview date : 07/14/08
LUD EAD ordered email: 06/18/08

hope everything goes smooth.

will keep you posted.

UPDATE

Marriage based April Filing Indianapolis DO

got the "card production
ordered" email from USCIS for my EAD

I-485, I-765, I-131 applied on 04/03/2008
Received Date 04/04/2008
Notice Date 04/08/2008
Notice Received 04/11/08
FP notice 04/14/08
FP appt : 05/01/08
FP done: everything was over in 15 min; the lady told me to expect the EAD in two weeks to three months.
Interview notice: 06/05/08
Interview date : 07/14/08
LUD EAD ordered email: 06/18/08

hope everything goes smooth.

will keep you posted.

Wow - that's fast. Congrats.

Another reason why the "processing times" is so unreliable.
From the NBC Processing times as of June 15, 2008:
I-765 based on (c)(9) - March 22, 2008 (Close as your date is April 4, 2008)
For Indianapolis:
I-765 - Feb 1, 2008
I-485 - Oct 14, 2007 - But you've already got your Interview Letter and your RD is April 4, 2008