Any April 2008 Filers?

Bumblebee, I don't know if you get RFE's for not having the vaccinations... maybe they will ask you for the complete stuff during the interview. I would get the shots and have the certificate ready for when the time comes. If you're afraid of needles do not worry is not painful, well... one is a bit uncomfortable and you get a sore arm for a couple
(better 3) days, but it's better to get them over at once.

Thank you Rose, I have seen that the tax info. is a common RFE. I sent the tax returns from 2004 to 2008, so I should be OK on that.

I have an update today: I've got the biometrics appointment letter yesterday. It was sent out on April 23rd, but it took full 7 days to get to my mailbox!!!! (I'm used to the 3 days mailing time.)

Reddysaab, that's a not too bad interval, I think the 2 weeks is too much luck :) I am hoping for one month: it appears to be the general trend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumblebee, I don't know if you get RFE's for not having the vaccinations... maybe they will ask you for the complete stuff during the interview. I would get the shots and have the certificate ready for when the time comes. If you're afraid of needles do not worry is not painful, well... one is a bit uncomfortable and you get a sore arm for a couple
(better 3) days, but it's better to get them over at once.

haha thats exactly why i havnt had them done yet... i HATE needles.. am waiting till the very last possible moment! =P I hope they dont send out RFE's for that i would hate to have my case delayed for that reason. Will make sure its done tho by the time i have my interview. What is the average waiting time to get EAD's after FP? Anyone know? Hope i dont have to wait too long. I cant wait till i can start working again.

After Biometrics...

haha thats exactly why i havnt had them done yet... i HATE needles.. am waiting till the very last possible moment! =P I hope they dont send out RFE's for that i would hate to have my case delayed for that reason. Will make sure its done tho by the time i have my interview. What is the average waiting time to get EAD's after FP? Anyone know? Hope i dont have to wait too long. I cant wait till i can start working again.

This is just what I have seen among the Jan/Feb filers: it takes about one month and a week (give or take a few days.)

Everyone: have a nice weekend!!!

This is just what I have seen among the Jan/Feb filers: it takes about one month and a week (give or take a few days.)

Everyone: have a nice weekend!!!

Would be nice if its only a month and a week or so.. i guess we will see..
one thing ive learnt with immigration is Paitence, and the waiting
game is a lot of fun! No. Really.

Hi- I see that you guys fresh in filing these forms so want to know what you guys suggest me to do on my below situation...thanx in advance...

I am on H1 B for past 3.5 years and my salary is 90 k annaully my wife is US citizen and still in school not earning at all...so what kind of form should i feel (context to I 864 affadavit of support) and i have IT returns for last 3 years and also do i need other sponsors besides me help me pls!!!!!!!

P.S: we are living seperate she lives in Florida student reason and i live in connecticut job reason but she will come and live with me next year when she is done with her studies..so pls let me know what should do regarding this form and what kind of documents should i use to make my case strong....

i am depending on you guys for the answere...........

Sponsor

Hi- I see that you guys fresh in filing these forms so want to know what you guys suggest me to do on my below situation...thanx in advance...

I am on H1 B for past 3.5 years and my salary is 90 k annaully my wife is US citizen and still in school not earning at all...so what kind of form should i feel (context to I 864 affadavit of support) and i have IT returns for last 3 years and also do i need other sponsors besides me help me pls!!!!!!!

P.S: we are living seperate she lives in Florida student reason and i live in connecticut job reason but she will come and live with me next year when she is done with her studies..so pls let me know what should do regarding this form and what kind of documents should i use to make my case strong....

i am depending on you guys for the answere...........

Hello Naaj,

Since all of us (I assume) are just regular happily married couples that just happen to be going through this process I don't think you have to make a big effort to "make your case strong." As long as you know her, she knows you, and there is a real relationship going on do not worry about how "strong" is your case. That said, in the I-130 instructions you can find a list of documents you can present to prove that you are a married couple: even if she doesn't live with you, you both should have the same permanent address, and as your wife her name can be along with yours in the utility bills. I was a student too -living in a different state- and even before we got married my name was in all documents related to the house, bank, insurance, etc.

About the sponsorship: you don't need one. In your I-864 form there are instructions that explain this: you're income is well above the poverty line, so unless you have plenty of dependants that you have not mentioned in the post, it should suffice to support both of you. Just make sure you include all your taxes for the past 5 years -I believe, but make sure reading the instructions on the form.

Thanks Kirkland! I know, I'm preparing myself for the ride...

...Unfortunately not there is not much I can do about the June 23rd thing - if I get the EAD, I'll take the great job... if not, put that husband sponsorship (poor hubby :-/) to use until I find another job... Fingers crossed!

Doesnt that date sound familiar? my birthday falls on that particular date :), so hoping you do get the EAD before that.

cscgc, Hoping your birthday is an omen of good luck :)

Two weeks so far (they signed for my package on April 21st) and nothing (not even checks cashed)... Hoping for a surprise in the mail today ...

Just wanted to check in on all the April filers...

I had my FP done today, was only in there 15 mins.

Hows everyone elses cases going...?

So.. now i guess all i can do is wait...

please guys...post you timeline

Don't forget everybody to post your timeline and the category you are applying for...

married a US citizen on 11/01/07
i485 sent 4/26
nd recieved 5/5
Bio appoint. 5/28

UPDATE

Aussie F-1 student married to amazing half-Aussie USC, filing from Los Angeles

I-130, 1-485, G-325As, I-693, I-765 and I-864 filed 04/16/2008
rd: 04/18/2008
nd: 04/23/2008
I-131 filed 05/13/2008 (please let me be home for Christmas. Please!)
bio appt for I-485 and I-765: 05/15/2008

One quick question: my biometrics appt on Thursday is for my I-485 and I-765, which I filed 4/16. Today I posted my I-131 application (it took me a bit longer to round up all the materials.) Will I have to do biometrics again when they get to the I-131? Or will they just use Thursday's?

Thanks guys, good luck April filers! Godspeed!

UPDATE

One quick question: my biometrics appt on Thursday is for my I-485 and I-765, which I filed 4/16. Today I posted my I-131 application (it took me a bit longer to round up all the materials.) Will I have to do biometrics again when they get to the I-131? Or will they just use Thursday's?

Thanks guys, good luck April filers! Godspeed!

From the Biometric notices that I have read about, most people got(even those who included I-131/AP) appointments only for I-485 and I-765/EAD. For I-131, I think they use only the photos you sent with the application and fingerprinting is not required. That is my understanding so far. Please let know in case things turn out different by getting called for another I-131 appt.

Just wanted to check in on all the April filers...

I had my FP done today, was only in there 15 mins.

Hows everyone elses cases going...?

So.. now i guess all i can do is wait...

I think the longest inactive periods really starts after the Biometrics appt. I think they plan to approve the EADs in little after a month following Biometrics and sometimes AP comes along too. After that a wait once more for the Interview date. Hoping things will start flying for all of us :)

Biometrics

I think the longest inactive periods really starts after the Biometrics appt. I think they plan to approve the EADs in little after a month following Biometrics and sometimes AP comes along too. After that a wait once more for the Interview date. Hoping things will start flying for all of us :)

I did the Biometrics thing this morning. There are 2 details that I didn't know: they take a picture (the girl was really nice, and she let me take a second one because in the first one I looked like a total psycho :D) and you need to take a pen with you because they have you filling out a form as soon as you get there. I have no idea of my weight: one of the questions in the form, and it took me a few seconds to remember that my driver's license has the info. The entire visit took me all of 11 minutes.

Now... wait, wait, wait. I have seen 2 more people from the Seattle DO (Rose & JS360) and they both got their EAD's in less than a month. I don't want to get my hopes high, so I will set my mind to wait for about 1.5 months and start pointlessly worrying after that :)

Cool!

I did the Biometrics thing this morning. There are 2 details that I didn't know: they take a picture (the girl was really nice, and she let me take a second one because in the first one I looked like a total psycho :D) and you need to take a pen with you because they have you filling out a form as soon as you get there. I have no idea of my weight: one of the questions in the form, and it took me a few seconds to remember that my driver's license has the info. The entire visit took me all of 11 minutes.

Now... wait, wait, wait. I have seen 2 more people from the Seattle DO (Rose & JS360) and they both got their EAD's in less than a month. I don't want to get my hopes high, so I will set my mind to wait for about 1.5 months and start pointlessly worrying after that :)

Good thing that the girl was nice and let you to take another picture because they use this picture for your EAD and GC :)
As for waiting for your EAD you should not look at me as example because mine took more than 3 months but again they screwed up my case and approved my EAD before the biometric!!! But I did got it shortly after biometric. Hopefully yours go smooth and be on time.
Good luck

Hey all... Thank you for checking in :)

No updates for me: It is about day 25 for me and nothing... my checks haven't been checked and I don't have any notices :confused::eek: ;-(

Just waiting for next week, when it will be over 30 days and USCIS will agree to at least look for my case... sigh...

nice to see everyone's case is progressing though...

Remember: Patience

Hey all... Thank you for checking in :)

No updates for me: It is about day 25 for me and nothing... my checks haven't been checked and I don't have any notices :confused::eek: ;-(

Just waiting for next week, when it will be over 30 days and USCIS will agree to at least look for my case... sigh...

nice to see everyone's case is progressing though...

Danda: First of all do not panic. Are you sure that your documents were received?

Does anyone know who do you contact to confirm that the documents are at least in the office?

I've found this at the uscis website and if next week you don't hear from them I would give them a call. (1-800-375-5283)

"If at any point your case should become more than 30 days outside our normal processing time, and you haven't received a written decision or update from us within the last 60 days, you can help us by calling customer service and letting us know. We will research your case, see what needs to be done to get it processed, and get back to you with an explanation."

Although I hope you don't need to do anything. Maybe what's going on is that they're about to put you on the fast track towards the GC :D Good luck!

Thanks Rose :)

Good thing that the girl was nice and let you to take another picture because they use this picture for your EAD and GC :)
As for waiting for your EAD you should not look at me as example because mine took more than 3 months but again they screwed up my case and approved my EAD before the biometric!!! But I did got it shortly after biometric. Hopefully yours go smooth and be on time.
Good luck

Yeah, I've noticed that your case looks totally out of the norm ;), and that js360 got his EAD in 1 month, so I will stick to my initial 1.5 months estimate :cool:.

Have you seen any more Seattle filers in this forum?

Danda, I wouldnt worry too much at this point, if at the 5th week mark you still havnt heard anything then i would give them a call. They do say on that automatic message of theirs at the uscis, to call them if you havnt recieved your notices by that week. I know the first time i had submitted mine i still hadnt heard anything by the 5th week and then at that end of the week i had recieved something in the mail. Goodluck, and i know you'll hear something soon.

Thanks

Thank you Kirkland and Bumblebee! I am waiting for next week and I'll give them a call. I have the delivery signature from FEdEx, so at least I know if got there... It is nice to just to hear someone who doesn't think this is not something abnormal.

P.s.: At this stage, I am mostly stressed out because I have the perfect job offer waiting for me until the end of June... but now I just have to take a deep breath and let go of that in my mind and prepare for the long ride (hopefully something nice can come up again if I miss that one). I have to change my outlook on this and see it as a vacation :)