Any April 2008 Filers?

Nothing to Report!

Hello Everyone,

I have not received the IL yet. But I wanted to share my "lesson" from this experience: apply to jobs while waiting for the EAD (mine is sitting in a drawer waiting to be used.) I received it about 3 weeks ago...

Bumblebee: thank God your RFEs are simple ones.

Hope everyone's process goes nice and smooth.

Hello Everyone,

I have not received the IL yet. But I wanted to share my "lesson" from this experience: apply to jobs while waiting for the EAD (mine is sitting in a drawer waiting to be used.) I received it about 3 weeks ago...

Bumblebee: thank God your RFEs are simple ones.

Hope everyone's process goes nice and smooth.

Hey Kirkland,
Yup i am grateful my rfe's are simple and not too complex.
So things arent going well for you on the job front?? That does suck!
I had started to look but i figured i'd better wait until i get my
ead seens ive been getting these rfe's, who knows how long
it'll be. Hope things look up for you and you get to put your
ead to use soon!! =)

Job Hunting

Hey Kirkland,
Yup i am grateful my rfe's are simple and not too complex.
So things arent going well for you on the job front?? That does suck!
I had started to look but i figured i'd better wait until i get my
ead seens ive been getting these rfe's, who knows how long
it'll be. Hope things look up for you and you get to put your
ead to use soon!! =)

Hi BumbleBee! I posted my resume as soon as I received the EAD, but I have not received the first interview call yet. I was warned about this by my know-it-all better half :) but I thought it was not true (and according to all the people I know it takes an average of 6 months to get a good position.) This is my first time job hunting after getting my degree. In the past, getting a job was not a problem, but it's because I applied to hourly paid positions rather than to a salaried position. On top of that, there is only one company where I want to work, so that makes things harder. Job search definitely gets you distracted from cheking your mailbox every other hour!

Hey Guys,
This is going to sound like a silly question.. but given its my second rfe im just trying to make sure its right. The IRS had faxed a copy of the transcripts to my husbands work, and its readable, but i guess like any fax its not 100% clear.. maybe 99.9. hehe anyways do you think that'll be good enough for the uscis. i just dont want them to send it back asking for a new copy. As i said it is readable, i just hope thats enough.

HI everyone. We had our interview today and had a lawyer present. It went well, tons of questions. However, at the end, the officer gave us a letter which states that they have to review the case further in order to make a decision and for us to wait for notice in the mail within 60 days. Our lawyer said the interview went well and that we probably did not get approved immediately because the officer (who apparently had another newbee officer observing our interview) probably has to report to a supervisor for approval of the case.
So, the waiting begins again.
Anyone else experience this and had a positive outcome?

HI everyone. We had our interview today and had a lawyer present. It went well, tons of questions. However, at the end, the officer gave us a letter which states that they have to review the case further in order to make a decision and for us to wait for notice in the mail within 60 days. Our lawyer said the interview went well and that we probably did not get approved immediately because the officer (who apparently had another newbee officer observing our interview) probably has to report to a supervisor for approval of the case.
So, the waiting begins again.
Anyone else experience this and had a positive outcome?

Patience, most of us are still waiting for the interview letter: in fact a lot of people don't have the AED nor AP documents in hand. I suggest you post a new topic because I don't think the filers who haven't been through interview can't help you. I hope your lawyer is right and you get the GC soon :D

Finally! 5 days before the 90 day supposed deadline:

I-765 online update and email: Card Production Ordered (allow 30 days blah blah blah)

Congratualtions!!!! :D

Finally! 5 days before the 90 day supposed deadline:

I-765 online update and email: Card Production Ordered (allow 30 days blah blah blah)

Congratualtions!!!! :D Congratualtions!!!! :D Congratualtions!!!! :D

Good for you rein021d enjoy it! Could you please share what kind of questions did they ask you, and what documents did you take with you.

Thank you!

Congratualtions!!!! :D Congratualtions!!!! :D Congratualtions!!!! :D

Good for you rein021d enjoy it! Could you please share what kind of questions did they ask you, and what documents did you take with you.

Thank you!

Huh... I said I just got my EAD card production email notification... not my Green Card, sorry to disappoint. As much as I would like to be at this stage of the game, I don't think it will be for another couple months. I still haven't received an IL.

Thanks for the encouragement, though.... I appreciate it!

Hi, this is my first post here. I filed for Aos and EAD April 24th, had no RFE so far, but still haven't received my EAD approval. I wonder if there are more people with similar dates?
Just to explain my situation better: I came to USA in 2001 on J1 visa for 1 year, then I changed my status to B2 and extended it one time. After that I overstayed (little over 4 years...) This year I married my USC husband and filed for AOS.
The fact that I didn't get EAD approval really worries me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ella04, if you look at my timeline, you will see that I just received my I-765 approval online, and my ND is actually a day earlier than yours. Don't worry. I too was beginning to be a little concerned, but they supposedly have 90 days to approve your EAD. So, until Aug 1st, I wouldn't worry.

Thanks, rein! Just in case if I won't get anything within 90 days from my ND, I made an infopass appointment, but I don't know if they can do anything for me since my application is in NBC, not my local office. it's just really frustrating, this long wait...

Today, July 24: Received EAD in mail! (less than a week after online notification)
(A letter is supposedly on its way to inform me of the card being on its way...) The card came in first. At first I thought it was my new bank card, cause the envelope looks the same as the ones they use to mail new credit or bank cards.
Card validity, from 7/15/08 (three days before the email notification) till 7/14/09
One year.

Last edited by a moderator:
AOS Time Line

It's my first time posting...Here is my time line

AOS
F1>H1>Married to a USC

Day Date Status
0 12-Apr-08 Mailed
2 14-Apr-08 Received at USCIS
6 18-Apr-08 Notice of Application
9 21-Apr-08 Last Update
16 28-Apr-08 FP Notice
27 9-May-08 FP Apt
32 14-May-08 Last Update
66 17-Jun-08 EAD production ordered, AP approved
68 19-Jun-08 EAD production ordered, AP approved
73 24-Jun-08 Approval Notice Sent Online Update
74 25-Jun-08 Approval Notice Sent Online Update
75 26-Jun-08 EAD Received in Mail
79 30-Jun-08 Approval Notice Sent Online Update
80 1-Jul-08 Approval Notice Sent Online Update
93 14-Jul-08 Last Update
103 24-Jul-08 Interview Letter
136 26-Aug-08 Interview Date

Make an infopass

Hi, this is my first post here. I filed for Aos and EAD April 24th, had no RFE so far, but still haven't received my EAD approval. I wonder if there are more people with similar dates?
Just to explain my situation better: I came to USA in 2001 on J1 visa for 1 year, then I changed my status to B2 and extended it one time. After that I overstayed (little over 4 years...) This year I married my USC husband and filed for AOS.
The fact that I didn't get EAD approval really worries me...

I don't think you are off the track yet but if I was you I would make an infopass and go to the local office. They can send a request to NBC. That way you kind of give them a "push" if they have for some reason "forgotten" about you!
The infopass helped me. My EAD was approved on March 17 but they didn't send me the card, they didn't even send me the fingerprint request untill I went to local office and asked them what the hell is going on!! Then they told me that my EAD has been approved but I won't get it before the fingerprint is done.
Any way, sometimes they just need to be pushed. God knows what they are doing!!!!

Thanks Rose! I already made infopass for next week and your post gave me hope that it may help... I'm on day 85 since my NOA and still no news.

Yes... it took a little longer than I expected... but I guess good things do happen to those who wait.

Bumblebee, I'm sure yours isn't far off, you had the second RFE which was bad luck...