• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

i had an ''F'' in one of my electives which is chemistry and had one pass...but the rest did well

I am awaiting an email reply from the embassy regarding the grades,passes etc. As soon as i get it,it would be available for us all.

Last edited by a moderator:
i had an ''F'' in one of my electives which is chemistry and had one pass...but the rest did well

see the basic line if you had F in either English or Maths..forget..you suppose to get atleast 5 passes,with English and Maths been a must.it doesn't matter whether it's core subjects or elective subjects..i'm basing my facts based on my cousin's experience he had with his CO during his interview last year.

see the basic line if you had F in either English or Maths..forget..you suppose to get atleast 5 passes,with English and Maths been a must.it doesn't matter whether it's core subjects or elective subjects..i'm basing my facts on my cousin's experience he had with his CO during his interview last year.

i had 7 passes and only a fail in chemistry....would it affect me...now am in the polytechnic in ma final year

thanks for the help you guys are giving us on here....May God richly bless you all...... And may our interviews be successful..

thanks for your help man but i had E in math and B3 in english? is that good??

Alfred, its more than good. All they want is passes in English and Mathematics and any other 3 additional subjects. And to Annanscok, being able to enter the tertiary institution is even a plus. Good luck guys...

Alfred, its more than good. All they want is passes in English and Mathematics and any other 3 additional subjects. And to Annanscok, being able to enter the tertiary institution is even a plus. Good luck guys...

Thanks again man. why was your interview postponed to 25 november....??? all the best anyway

This is the reply i got from the embassy:

Thank you for your email.

We are unable to advise you ahead of your interview. On the date of your scheduled interview, you will be given a sheet listing the educational qualification standards that you must meet in order to qualify for the visa. At that time, you will determine whether or not you meet these requirements. If you feel you do then you will proceed to pay our fee and attend the interview.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra
Consular Section

Note: You should never pay for travel arrangements (e.g., airfare, hotels) without having a visa in your possession. The U.S. Embassy accepts no responsibility if you do so. We are unable to guarantee the issuance of a U.S. visa before a fixed travel date. You risk significant financial losses if you ignore this advice.
**** Please include your case number in all correspondence ****

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 8:26 PM
To: Accra, IVDV
Subject: NUMBER OF CREDITS

Hello Sir/Madam,
Is there a minimum number of credits in the WASSCE required for a dv winner in Ghana. Thanks very much.
:

We are unable to advise you ahead of your interview. On the date of your scheduled interview, you will be given a sheet listing the educational qualification standards that you must meet in order to qualify for the visa. At that time, you will determine whether or not you meet these requirements. If you feel you do then you will proceed to pay our fee and attend the interview.

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra
Consular Section

Note: You should never pay for travel arrangements (e.g., airfare, hotels) without having a visa in your possession. The U.S. Embassy accepts no responsibility if you do so. We are unable to guarantee the issuance of a U.S. visa before a fixed travel date. You risk significant financial losses if you ignore this advice.

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 10:23 PM
Subject: Results

Dear Sir/Madam,
As a matter of fact does an F on an SHS certificate make a DV winner through education ineligible? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra
Consular Section

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 10:23 PM
Subject: Results

Dear Sir/Madam,
As a matter of fact does an F on an SHS certificate make a DV winner through education ineligible? Thanks in advance.

So we have the same replies to the two sets of questions from the embassy but to those who have already attended the interview in Ghana i believe you guys can please help us understand the underlined statement in the email and what that sheet says.

With the ssce results i had an E in English but my interview went well.i also had a university degree and currently am a student abroad.

With the ssce results i had an E in English but my interview went well.i also had a university degree and currently am a student abroad.

Thanks bro but what does that sheet given out at the interview really say?

please Gh50 on the form DSP-122 i selected "high school with no degree" instead of "high school diploma". I just realised. I didnt know the differences by then. I dont know what to do. Do you think it will not affect me as far as i have my certificate to prove on the day of interview.

Guys help me with this, On the form DSP-122 i selected "high school with no degree" instead of "high school diploma". I just realised. I didnt know the differences by then. I dont know what to do. Do you think it will not affect me as far as i have my certificate to prove on the day of interview.
I sent a message to them about it and below was the response.

Thank you for your inquiry.

It is acceptable to use correction fluid to correct mistakes made while completing your forms. If you have detected an error on a form you have already submitted, you can send the corrected information to KCC through regular mail or email. If there are more than one or two minor corrections, you may submit a corrected copy of the forms. You can use photocopied forms or you can download them from http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html.

I personally chose "other" and specified with "some polytechnic courses" coz I did DBS @ de polytechnic
Seriously I didn't know wat to choose that time... Wil that also be a problem?
Do I av to send another forms?