• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

please Gh50 on the form DSP-122 i selected "high school with no degree" instead of "high school diploma". I just realised. I didnt know the differences by then. I dont know what to do. Do you think it will not affect me as far as i have my certificate to prove on the day of interview.

"High School, no degree" means someone who
still going to High School (12 years education)
and haven't graduated or haven't received the
certificate of completion (diploma), or it could
be someone who drops out from High School
and did not complete it.
"High School Diploma" means someone who has
completed High School (12 years education) and
have received the certificate of completion
(diploma). And the minimum is a high school diploma so I believe it would make a world of a difference if you send a new DSP 122 with the corrected information. Just fill,scan it and email it to them and you are home and dry.

I personally chose "other" and specified with "some polytechnic courses" coz I did DBS @ de polytechnic
Seriously I didn't know wat to choose that time... Wil that also be a problem?
Do I av to send another forms?

Bro personally I think its the right choice you made since there is no selection box for polytechnic. All the best

Yes, if the two were used for admission into the tertiary institution. My wife was in same situation and that was the first question she was asked by the CO "How many times did you write waec? " Which u need to tell him/her the truth. That will not affect affect your case anyway

Raphoo can you please give me a breakdown of you and your wife's interview? And must my wife take along her school certificates?

@bronsted and anyone.... I learnt sss cert. does not contain your results, but you said you went in with your sss cert, and later you said you had ''F'' in your results but your interview went well, plz I dont get you well...... so plz wat is the difference...
bcuz, I have sss results slip with my picture.. (not printed from the internet), I use that for ipmc and university admission...
plz is that it?

i sent it around august and my case is around 21***.. do you think they would be done with it before it's current

Wow!! Tnx Gh50
Pls help us knw wat that sheet contains... Raphoo where u @?

Please, the only sheet that will be given to a Dv applicant at the interview is the payment sheet which the Consular Officer will indicate the amount an applicant need to pay ($330 = GH¢726) at payment counter @ the embassy. After which the applicant will be called to submit his/her documents. The CO then selects the needed documents and gives back the unwanted ones to the applicant.
We never had anything like a sheet listing the educational qualification standards that you must meet in order to qualify for the visa.
I think requirement for Dv lottery application was clearly stated during the period of registration. I don't know whether that sheet is what the CO use to select the needed documents, that I can tell.

@bronsted and anyone.... I learnt sss cert. does not contain your results, but you said you went in with your sss cert, and later you said you had ''F'' in your results but your interview went well, plz I dont get you well...... so plz wat is the difference...
bcuz, I have sss results slip with my picture.. (not printed from the internet), I use that for ipmc and university admission...
plz is that it?

The ss cert has your picture,dob and the results so its different from the statement of results(results slip).

plz is that it?
Sasudt, the grade to each and every subject a candidate wrote and PASSED is indicated on the certificate, the only thing which is not shown on the certificate is a subject a candidate FAILED. So u go there with your documents just as they are. Never mind if there is a failed subject or not, the only thing is; make sure u have a pass in English language and Mathematics and any 3 additional subjects. Always remember this; They only want the truth.

I have a problem with my year of birth on my wassce cert but i have gone for school report and then affidavit.. hope it is ok with me and not going to affect me any way?

Raphoo can you please give me a breakdown of you and your wife's interview? And must my wife take along her school certificates?
Nuna, sorry for the delay in my response. We went with all our educational certificates (from BECE to Tertiary) but they only picked originals and photocopies of SSS and Tertiary certificates of the principal applicant (The one who won the DV) and only the photocopies of the beneficiary. What I know even before the interview is, if the principal applicant meets the requirements all beneficiaries are good to go no matter their qualification. But it will be better the beneficiary also go with his or hers if available.
But birth cert, passport, medicals, police clearance and 2 photos must be submitted by both the principal applicant and any beneficiary of the case. Also remember to make photocopies of educational certificates, the birth cert and main page of the passport. Each and everyone of the case must also pay his or her interview fees in full.

PLEASE I RECOMMEND THAT SOMEBODY SHOULD PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION....I have a problem with my year of birth on my wassce cert but i have gone for school report and then affidavit.. hope it is ok with me and not going to affect me any way?

Nuna, sorry for the delay in my response. We went with all our educational certificates (from BECE to Tertiary) but they only picked originals and photocopies of SSS and Tertiary certificates of the principal applicant (The one who won the DV) and only the photocopies of the beneficiary. What I know even before the interview is, if the principal applicant meets the requirements all beneficiaries are good to go no matter their qualification. But it will be better the beneficiary also go with his or hers if available.
But birth cert, passport, medicals, police clearance and 2 photos must be submitted by both the principal applicant and any beneficiary of the case. Also remember to make photocopies of educational certificates, the birth cert and main page of the passport. Each and everyone of the case must also pay his or her interview fees in full.

Experience is the best teacher...i could also possibly write a book on DV from all i hav gathered, read, experienced (heard & seen) wit my own eyes/ears...jus waiting for the right time to "publish":)

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE I RECOMMEND THAT SOMEBODY SHOULD PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION....I have a problem with my year of birth on my wassce cert but i have gone for school report and then affidavit.. hope it is ok with me and not going to affect me any way?

school report alone wouldn't have help but with the affidavit,well i personally think you should be okay..