• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

please need a little help....i sent ma forms in august but haven't gotten a confirmation till today....any help with how i will get the confirmation....

Bro don't worry, its normal as britsimon said. Some might receive a confirmation, others will not, but to be sure that they have received your documents and its being processed then you have to call them, i mean Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) on 606-526-7500. When you call, they will ask for your Case Number, Name and Date of Birth (DOB), and after that they will ask you what can they do for you, then you can ask whatever question you want to ask. Hope that helps;):D:cool:

Hello friends,I just got my visa.thanks to everyone for your prayers.my prayers go to those waiting for their visas and interview. I will update you when i make plans to live to the states.

Congrats man,we thank God for this and this would definitely not be the last time we would be hearing of news like this.

Made ealepol

Thank you..with my case number do you know when I will be current....also I made a mistake on my DSP 122 form question 6a stating high school no degree instead of high school diploma...since I've finished high school and in the university...I contacted them and they are saying if My mistakes is more than 2 minor corrections I should send them another one...but the only correction I want to make is one...will this delay my processing if I send them a new form or I should just call them so that they can correct it.and how does this affect my case?

Bro don't worry, its normal as britsimon said. Some might receive a confirmation, others will not, but to be sure that they have received your documents and its being processed then you have to call them, i mean Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) on 606-526-7500. When you call, they will ask for your Case Number, Name and Date of Birth (DOB), and after that they will ask you what can they do for you, then you can ask whatever question you want to ask. Hope that helps;):D:cool:

No! This state statement "Some might receive a confirmation, others will not" is misleading. People receive confirmation when they contact KCC either by phone or via email. It's not like KCC arbitrarily sends out confirmation notices/letters for anyone doing CP, the process wouldn't be fair if they were to do that.

Thank you..with my case number do you know when I will be current....also I made a mistake on my DSP 122 form question 6a stating high school no degree instead of high school diploma...since I've finished high school and in the university...I contacted them and they are saying if My mistakes is more than 2 minor corrections I should send them another one...but the only correction I want to make is one...will this delay my processing if I send them a new form or I should just call them so that they can correct it.and how does this affect my case?

IMO, the error on your form is not a minor one. One of the qualifications for the DV is having a high school diploma, and if you've indicated that you completed high school but with no diploma, this could be interpreted as having completed a vocational program which is not the same as finishing high school with a diploma. Your case file could be flagged by KCC before it gets sent to the US embassy. My suggestion would be for you to fill out another form and email that form to KCC with an explanation as to why you're sending another form, the new form upon receipt would be added to your case file.

IMO, the error on your form is not a minor one. One of the qualifications for the DV is having a high school diploma, and if you've indicated that you completed high school but with no diploma, this could be interpreted as having completed a vocational program which is not the same as finishing high school with a diploma. Your case file could be flagged by KCC before it gets sent to the US embassy. My suggestion would be for you to fill out another form and email that form to KCC with an explanation as to why you're sending another form, the new form upon receipt would be added to your case file.

Sm1smom i also made the exact mistake on my dsp 122 but i was told it can be corrected during my interview but then i have to add my high school diploma to my documents to proof that indeed i do have a high school diploma..that option is quite confusing though..on that same on page,this time question 6b where you list the schools you attended and the certificate obtained,i think if listed the certificate obtain there,i think you will be good to go..

Sm1smom i also made the exact mistake on my dsp 122 but i was told it can be corrected during my interview but then i have to add my high school diploma to my documents to proof that indeed i do have a high school diploma..that option is quite confusing though..on that same on page,this time question 6b where you list the schools you attended and the certificate obtained,i think if listed the certificate obtain there,i think you will be good to go..

Yes it is very confusing...in 6b I did list all schools attended with certificates received..including the high school cert..but I still am in a dilemma here...when I called KCC a lady told me they can make the correction...I call again...another lady tells me to make the correction on a new form...So I don't know what to do

Could the high School Diploma Be J.H.S. too? Because Somebody may not have the s.h.s. or if u dont have the s.h.s can u send J.h.s.? And my last question is, There was a mistake on my S.h.s. results about my year of birth. i called the waec office and they said the best thing is to go to my school for a school report because they have my file. I went to my school and they checked my file and notice what was written on my results slip is a mistake and i was given a report from my school that indicates the year of birth on my waec results slip is a mistake. My school said i should attach the report to the results slip to my interview they. Is it going to affect me or not?

Yes it is very confusing...in 6b I did list all schools attended with certificates received..including the high school cert..but I still am in a dilemma here...when I called KCC a lady told me they can make the correction...I call again...another lady tells me to make the correction on a new form...So I don't know what to do

On a personal note,i think its no big deal provided you listed your various certificate obtained on the question 6b,however i guess we gotta go in with our certificates ..its already included in docs anyway..

Could the high School Diploma Be J.H.S. too? Because Somebody may not have the s.h.s. or if u dont have the s.h.s can u send J.h.s.? And my last question is, There was a mistake on my S.h.s. results about my year of birth. i called the waec office and they said the best thing is to go to my school for a school report because they have my file. I went to my school and they checked my file and notice what was written on my results slip is a mistake and i was given a report from my school that indicates the year of birth on my waec results slip is a mistake. My school said i should attach the report to the results slip to my interview they. Is it going to affect me or not?

its clearly state that high school diploma..A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the US..you can visit http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4756.html for more on that.

What About the mistake on my results slip about the year of birth? read it and say something.

Well you can swear an affidavit on that or you can consult waec to see if they can help rectify that misstate.personally i would opt for an affidavit because going to waec will just be a waste of time..thats just my opinion though

Well you can swear an affidavit on that or you can consult waec to see if they can help rectify that misstate.personally i would opt for an affidavit because going to waec will just be a waste of time..thats just my opinion though

Mind you they gonna ask you for your certificate not your result slip..so i advice if you have not gone for that yet
,you go for it now..

Mind you they gonna ask you for your certificate not your result slip..so i advice if you have not gone for that yet
,you go for it now..

What is the difference between the result slip and the certificate...Cus I have wassce cwith all my results stated on it...is that a slip or certificate??oh my God I'm so confused right now

Agreed, it might be possible to make some corrections at the time of the interview. However, you don't want your case file red flagged by KCC which could make the CO pay a bit more attention than usual to your case at the time of the inteview.

What is the difference between the result slip and the certificate...Cus I have wassce cwith all my results stated on it...is that a slip or certificate??oh my God I'm so confused right now

You shouldn't be..The result slip and the certificate both shows the result..the result slip normally comes before the certificate..i guess thats why most people don't go for it..just go to high school,request for your certificate..all they gotta ask you is index number and your year of completion and i'm sure they will get it for..when you have it in your hand,u can easily deduce the difference between the result slip and the certificate..

@ delph_ne, I was a bit concerned when I read the interview report of dannyden who had his interview on october 1 @ moscow and he was put on AP so he produces proof of financial sufficiency or if it was AOS, so please kindly find out whether that is consular specific or it was just an isolated case. All the best bro

Oh really....wow...and on this thread did you see this??and is this dannyden on this thread?..loool and I'm a girl gh50 haha...and thank u Gideon by the way

thanks a lot....will do that on Monday..

Oh really....wow...and on this thread did you see this??and is this dannyden on this thread?..loool and I'm a girl gh50 haha...and thank u Gideon by the way

Yes sir,oh sorry yes madam lol. You can please check the kenyan 2014 thread and read his interview account and please try and find out from the embassy in moscow if its a consular policy or what.