• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

folks finally my appointment is on the 24th of march 2014.
I just checked and find out dat it was posted yesterday.
my birthday is on the 23rd of march dats after my birthday
thank u jesus

Thank God for such a wonderful birthday present. I went for interview on 1st Oct and my birthday was 2nd Oct, we seem to have somethings in common. Happy Birthday in advance.
Good luck

Guys I'd gladly appreciate if someone put me through the procedure to go about in case you wanna update your forms at the time of your interview?..Like in my case for instance,my parents recently change their address,they live in London but i have their new address with me..should i print the address on a new DSP-230 form and hand it over to the CO before my interview begins or i should just add to my docs and notify the CO before i begin my interview..

ok my people can the experience travellers help us here. what are the forbidden foodstuffs both at kotoka and especially at a US airport.thanks

Just make sure u don't carry any metal or plastic items (perfumes, bottle water etc) on your hand-carry on bag. But in your luggage (which will not be with u inside the plane) u can put in any legal items. But meat will be allowed at Kotoka but not in USA port of entries. The key things here is: In the plane u will be given a form from the USA Customs and Border Protection Department to the declare whether u have some specific amount of money and items u have on u, make sure u declare truthfully because urself and each of ur luggage will be scanned at the port of entry. If u don't say the truth and any item which is not allowed is found in ur luggage u will pay an instant fine of $300. But ur truth will only make them take the item away from u without any fine. Details on the CBP can be viewed at this link: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/sample_declaration_form.xml

well I know that dry fish and yams (in large quantities) should be checked at the customs at kotoka and they will try taking a lil money from you but u have to look sharp and beg if u may and ask them to give you something like an invoice which is blue in colour(they might have changed it) which shows the quarantine department has allowed it..also all liquids should be in the checked in bags..unless its the container containing shampoo/conditioner/toothpaste or any other liquid must be able to hold no more than 3.4 fluid ounces/100ml..No aerosols too...i remember they threw away my hairspray at Logan :) all the best

They threw someone's dried grasscutter I was sending to her at JFK. The officer told me am good to go without paying the fine because I declared I had animal products in my luggage. One funny things he said was; I should be friend a hunter in USA and they can give me better meat like Deer meat. Truth is always the key
Good luck

Guys I'd gladly appreciate if someone put me through the procedure to go about in case you wanna update your forms at the time of your interview?..Like in my case for instance,my parents recently change their address,they live in London but i have their new address with me..should i print the address on a new DSP-230 form and hand it over to the CO before my interview begins or i should just add to my docs and notify the CO before i begin my interview..

The address u gave earlier on the form will not have any effect on ur case. Just leave it as how it is only if that is the only changes u would like to make.
Good luck.

The address u gave earlier on the form will not have any effect on ur case. Just leave it as how it is only if that is the only changes u would like to make.
Good luck.

Thanks Raphoo..thats the only change i intend t make.. I will stick to ur advice..

Just make sure u don't carry any metal or plastic items (perfumes, bottle water etc) on your hand-carry on bag. But in your luggage (which will not be with u inside the plane) u can put in any legal items. But meat will be allowed at Kotoka but not in USA port of entries. The key things here is: In the plane u will be given a form from the USA Customs and Border Protection Department to the declare whether u have some specific amount of money and items u have on u, make sure u declare truthfully because urself and each of ur luggage will be scanned at the port of entry. If u don't say the truth and any item which is not allowed is found in ur luggage u will pay an instant fine of $300. But ur truth will only make them take the item away from u without any fine. Details on the CBP can be viewed at this link: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/sample_declaration_form.xml

thanks raphoo,really grateful but with the grasscutter does it mean that it can't go through at all

thanks raphoo,really grateful but with the grasscutter does it mean that it can't go through at all

Well per what I experienced I don't think it can go through but the lady I was sending to, told me people have been bring some to her all the time. So u can make it very dry and declare it as well. Who knows, u can pass through with.

Education

I have 5 pass in ssce n wassce is English, maths, social studies, business m, economics. I also have Professional Diploma in network engineering i have done my national service. So which one shld i use, i check college, no degree

I have 5 pass in ssce n wassce is English, maths, social studies, business m, economics. I also have Professional Diploma in network engineering i have done my national service. So which one shld i use, i check college, no degree

hi bridgetka you're welcome to the forum,from the options available i believe you made the right choice ie college no degree. I believe you have won dv14 but not dv2015 applicant if so let us know your case number and n when u sent your forms so further assistance can be given you.

Dv-2014

Is Dv-2014, 2014AF n i need ur advice I have 5 pass in ssce n wassce is English, maths, social studies, business m, economics. I also have Professional Diploma in network engineering i have done my national service. So which one shld i use, i check college, no degree

Is Dv-2014, 2014AF n i need ur advice I have 5 pass in ssce n wassce is English, maths, social studies, business m, economics. I also have Professional Diploma in network engineering i have done my national service. So which one shld i use, i check college, no degree

college no degree is ok. in other not to reveal the details of case numbers mine for eg is 2014af14xxx so represent the last 3 digits of your case number by xxx so we know the next step.when did you submit your forms too

Education

Thank u very much. My case is 2014AF00023*** i posted it last year n i need ur advice on it pls. I have 5 pass in ssce n wassce is English, maths, social studies, business m, economics. I also have Professional Diploma in network engineering i have done my national service. So which one shld i use, i check college, no degree

Thank u very much. My case is 2014AF00023*** i posted it last year n i need ur advice on it pls. I have 5 pass in ssce n wassce is English, maths, social studies, business m, economics. I also have Professional Diploma in network engineering i have done my national service. So which one shld i use, i check college, no degree

college no degree is what you should tick. then I suppose by now you have your interview letter if so when is your interview

you are good to with ssce or wassce certificate bcos you have the minimum requirement thats the 5 passes including maths and english

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Ghanaian friends. I have a question that is intruiguing me - I wonder if any of you can satisfy my curiosity...

If you look at this document http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV_Applicant_Entrants_by_Country_2007-2013.pdf you can see a list of entries and family members by country. Generally speaking the ratio of family members per selectee for most countries is pretty static, but different from one country to another. By ratio I mean the number of family members (on average) for each entrant. That is because attitudes toward marriage and birthrates etc are pretty static year to year and the overall pool of people that apply for the lottery is pretty much representative of the country year to year.

However, Ghana is different. If you look at the numbers for Ghana from 2007 you will see a very definite change in the ratio. From 2007 to 2009 the ratio was pretty constant at around 27 - 29% and then in 2010 to 2013 the ratio dropped massively down to 14% by 2013.

That doesn't just happen - that means something - but I don't know what. Any ideas?

I have thought of:-

1. Some drastic change in the marital makeup within the country (seems VERY unlikely).
2. Something economically/politcally that motivates more single people to leave Ghana moreso than married people with children.
3. Some organised effort at entering people to the lottery that somehow targets or appeals more to single people.

Any ideas?

Dear Ghanaian friends. I have a question that is intruiguing me - I wonder if any of you can satisfy my curiosity...

If you look at this document http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV_Applicant_Entrants_by_Country_2007-2013.pdf you can see a list of entries and family members by country. Generally speaking the ratio of family members per selectee for most countries is pretty static, but different from one country to another. By ratio I mean the number of family members (on average) for each entrant. That is because attitudes toward marriage and birthrates etc are pretty static year to year and the overall pool of people that apply for the lottery is pretty much representative of the country year to year.

However, Ghana is different. If you look at the numbers for Ghana from 2007 you will see a very definite change in the ratio. From 2007 to 2009 the ratio was pretty constant at around 27 - 29% and then in 2010 to 2013 the ratio dropped massively down to 14% by 2013.

That doesn't just happen - that means something - but I don't know what. Any ideas?

I have thought of:-

1. Some drastic change in the marital makeup within the country (seems VERY unlikely).
2. Something economically/politcally that motivates more single people to leave Ghana moreso than married people with children.
3. Some organised effort at entering people to the lottery that somehow targets or appeals more to single people.

Any ideas?

29 to 14 percent is really a massive fall but IMO I really think people are really coming to terms that contract marriages can now be easily exposed by the embassy( I don't know by what method ),so they decide not take the risk at all and pay whatever price like in my case were I had to pay about 1400 dollars because I knew the risk of contract marriage and didn't want to take that route.
Another point is that some married people ignorantly enter single and are later denied or later finding out about the consequences opt to go single.
Also this agencies that run the lottery registration in the country have tertiary institutions as their primary target because at least everyone there has completed high school therefore qualifies educationally and the number of people entering tertiary institutions has also massively increased and likewise the number of institutions but significantly most of the students are unmarried which can also seriously affect the marital percentage because singles are more likely to win the lottery than the married ones.

just hoping this helps