• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

Let's just say, good luck or not, my God didn't forget me. Don's worry Alfred!

At 5:00 am my alarm went off, and then I knew the day is finally here.
We arrived at the embassy at exactly 6:52am and were directed to join the IV queue. We were at the tail end of the queue and had to wait for a long time for our turn.
Once at the entrance, the officer in charge checked our appointment letter and identified each member of the family and then asked us to proceed to security.
We did all the security checks, but I was unfortunately asked to leave my little boy’s water and food at the security post and come back for them when they are needed.
When we got to the waiting area, another officer took our appointment letter from us and asked that we sit and wait.
After about 10mins, my name was called to window 2 where I was given an invoice to go and pay our visa fees.
The cashier was not too pleasant to deal with initially, but I managed to break the ice with him and he even wished me lots of luck by the time I finished with him.
Back to the waiting area, after about an hour or so, I was called again to window 2 to submit my documents. That really took like forever to finish. The lady was very pleasant though, so I guess that made up for the whole waiting thing. She even gave my son some fruit flavored candy and a bar of chocolate.
She flipped through the sheets and gave back those documents that were not needed. She looked at the documents I presented on my 21year old daughter and smiled. Then she said “you seem to have done your homework on her case right?” I just smiled.
Well, back to the waiting area, I lost track of time though. We were called again to window 1 to be ten-printed. They said that was for 14years and above so only 3 of us were ten-printed.
Back to the waiting area again, by which time, I had made 3 trips to the security post already with my little boy because he wanted to drink some water.
Not long after the ten-printing, we were finally called for the big conversation with the CO.
This time, I looked at the CO’s watch and it was 09:33am.
The interview:
Me: Good morning
CO: Good morning, how are you today?
Me: Very fine, thank you.
CO: I would need you to all raise your right hand (except the younger ones) and swear to tell the truth blah blah blah
Me, Husband and Miss 21: We do (then my 2 year old son says “we do”). Now the CO was laughing and then says thank you to the little boy.
CO: I need you to sign against the highlighted area on the form. She gives the forms we sent to KCC. I sign first, Miss 21 , and then my husband signs his and that of all the younger kids.
CO: when did you complete high school?
Me: Ans
CO: When did you get married?
Me: ans
CO: What do you do now?
CO: Where?
Me: blah blah blah
CO: your daughter is safe (Miss 21). You did a good job with your research; I guess you know more about CSPA than most of us here right?
Me: Smiling, and saying silently “you bet” 
CO: All your documents are fine, but I have to give these back to you (after high school educational certificates, pictures, materials on CSPA).
CO: I have bad news for you though. All your NIV’s would have to be cancelled to make way for an IV, so no more tax free income for you .
Me: Very well.
Me: thank you , but what about the originals of my other documents?
CO; we would return them when you come to pick up your passports with visas.
Me: very well
CO: I have approved your case, please don’t make any travel arrangements until you have picked up your visas, don’t take the kids out of school, blah, blah
Me: OK
Me: there is a problem
CO: yes
Me: my husband needs to travel to Canada tonight on an official assignment, so we were hoping that you could give back his passport to him so that he drops it off when he returns.
CO: No problem
CO: when are you back? (Referring to my husband)
Husband: Ans
CO: No problem, I will give you the passport, and a letter to enable you drop off your passport when you return.
Husband: Thanks
CO: Here you are, she gives me a blue sheet and the letter for my husband
Me and family: Thank you
CO: Nice day
Now, we the Yankee settlers should try and get together in the hood when the time comes (maybe during summer) to ‘ woso br3 no gu’…... :)
Sm1smom, Simon, NuvF, valdek15425, and all members, how can I thank you enough? I really appreciate your support, especially with the CSPA thing. It was really an eye opener.
Thank you very much. God richly bless you all.

Congrats, First Lady. We thank God.

It's very unfortunate that we forget to wish our dear friend "Roselyna "a succcessful interview. She has been very consistent on the forum and has contributed immensely towards this journey. Today happens to be her best day and we all forgot her. It's very sad guys. I wanna use use this opportunity to apologize to her on behalf of that forum. GhAnaman and gh50 where are you guys??? You guys have been very helpful and quick to response to any case being addressed here. Oh guys we no force koraaa!!!!

Hahahaha, we prayed for her. We thank God for this victory.

We arrived at the embassy at exactly 6:52am and were directed to join the IV queue. We were at the tail end of the queue and had to wait for a long time for our turn.
Once at the entrance, the officer in charge checked our appointment letter and identified each member of the family and then asked us to proceed to security.
We did all the security checks, but I was unfortunately asked to leave my little boy’s water and food at the security post and come back for them when they are needed.
When we got to the waiting area, another officer took our appointment letter from us and asked that we sit and wait.
After about 10mins, my name was called to window 2 where I was given an invoice to go and pay our visa fees.
The cashier was not too pleasant to deal with initially, but I managed to break the ice with him and he even wished me lots of luck by the time I finished with him.
Back to the waiting area, after about an hour or so, I was called again to window 2 to submit my documents. That really took like forever to finish. The lady was very pleasant though, so I guess that made up for the whole waiting thing. She even gave my son some fruit flavored candy and a bar of chocolate.
She flipped through the sheets and gave back those documents that were not needed. She looked at the documents I presented on my 21year old daughter and smiled. Then she said “you seem to have done your homework on her case right?” I just smiled.
Well, back to the waiting area, I lost track of time though. We were called again to window 1 to be ten-printed. They said that was for 14years and above so only 3 of us were ten-printed.
Back to the waiting area again, by which time, I had made 3 trips to the security post already with my little boy because he wanted to drink some water.
Not long after the ten-printing, we were finally called for the big conversation with the CO.
The interview:
CO: I would need you to all raise your right hand (except the younger ones) and swear to tell the truth blah blah blah
Me, Husband and Miss 21: We do (then my 2 year old son says “we do”). Now the CO was laughing and then says thank you to the little boy.
CO: I need you to sign against the highlighted area on the form. She gives the forms we sent to KCC. I sign first, Miss 21 , and then my husband signs his and that of all the younger kids.
CO: your daughter is safe (Miss 21). You did a good job with your research; I guess you know more about CSPA than most of us here right?
CO: All your documents are fine, but I have to give these back to you (after high school educational certificates, pictures, materials on CSPA).
CO: I have bad news for you though. All your NIV’s would have to be cancelled to make way for an IV, so no more tax free income for you .
CO: I have approved your case, please don’t make any travel arrangements until you have picked up your visas, don’t take the kids out of school, blah, blah
Me: my husband needs to travel to Canada tonight on an official assignment, so we were hoping that you could give back his passport to him so that he drops it off when he returns.
CO: No problem, I will give you the passport, and a letter to enable you drop off your passport when you return.
Now, we the Yankee settlers should try and get together in the hood when the time comes (maybe during summer) to ‘ woso br3 no gu’…... :)
Sm1smom, Simon, NuvF, valdek15425, and all members, how can I thank you enough? I really appreciate your support, especially with the CSPA thing. It was really an eye opener.

Congrats Roselyna, but can please enlighten me on the CSPA.

Congrats Roselyna! Been eagerly looking forward to the outcome of your interview. Truly happy for you and your family, :) Ms 21 in particular!

Congrats Roselyna! Been eagerly looking forward to the outcome of your interview. Truly happy for you and your family, :) Ms 21 in particular!

Thanks mom,
We are all very happy. Thanks to you, who gave us the assurance. We were all very worried. :)

Now looking forward to new challenges on the other side.
Thanks again.

Congrats Roselyna, but can please enlighten me on the CSPA.

Vansark,
The CSPA stands for Child Status Protection Act. It is a law that protects the children of immigrants from "aging out". I.e growing above age 21 before they enter the U.S.
It kind of freezes the age of the child, and in my case, my daughter was almost 20years when I played DV-2014 and has already celebrated her 21st birthday, so we needed the CSPA as a reference document to help calculate her age in order for her to qualify as a beneficiary .

I don't know if I explained it well, but sm1smom and co know more about the technicalities of it. Its quite confusing though. Maybe she would add something for you to understand it better.

The interview:

Congratulations - I am very glad that went well! Enjoy your new life of opportunity!

The interview:

Oh my goodness how did I forget Roselyna of all people had an interview today but God has really being faithful to you and your family for executing this huge coup at the embassy(7 visas). CONGRATULATIONS but can I get a picture of the smile on the face of miss 21...lol

The interview:

The CSPA looks like a big deal..I'm glad everything went well for you and your family,especially to your daughter...congrats Roselyna..

Last edited by a moderator:

The interview:

Congrats Roselyna, this one di3 you are the mum in this forum. We thank God for picking all the 7 visas. Ampa Nyame ne Hene. Also sorry for not wishing you Good Luck but all they same we the people in this forum are happy for you and we thank God for how far He has brought you.Once again congrats.

The interview:

WAAAOOOOOW!!! The Team is finally here, I thought your interview was on Wednesday, my bad. Anyway we thank the Almighty God for speaking once again.

congrats!!

WAAAOOOOOW!!! The Team is finally here, I thought your interview was on Wednesday, my bad. Anyway we thank the Almighty God for speaking once again.

congrats!!

Yes Nuna6,
The team has finally arrived. How are thingswith you and your family?

Congrats Roselyna, this one di3 you are the mum in this forum. We thank God for picking all the 7 visas. Ampa Nyame ne Hene. Also sorry for not wishing you Good Luck but all they same we the people in this forum are happy for you and we thank God for how far He has brought you.Once again congrats.

Oh my brother,
Mom di3 mom. Hmmmmm.
I have always held that the blessings of our God are never in halves. He is the style king and finishes all blessings in style.
This is like killing 7birds with one stone. :)
Waiting for over 10years for this , is worth it after all.
Thanks and I wish you the very best with yours.

The CSPA looks like a big deal..I'm glad everything well for you and your family,especially to your daughter...congrats Roselyna..

Gideon,
Call me crazy, but I think the CSPA is a super big deal. It is very confusing.
I am happy the difficult part is over, really.

My daughter gave me a big hug after the interview. It was very touching. It was very obvious that she was super scared.
We thank God.

Oh my goodness how did I forget Roselyna ofj all people had an interview today but God has really being faithful to you and your family for executing this huge coup at the embassy(7 visas). CONGRATULATIONS but can I get a picture of the smile on the face of miss 21...lol

Gh50,
With all the stress in GH, why won't you forget?
Masa, boys abr3 ooooo. I don't know about you guys, but its just crazy.

Am I the first female to face the CO on this thread? Ei saaaa?

Hmmmm. It is well with us.

Hello guys. I forgot to update you on God -is-able case with the co yesterday. Remember he used working experience. After going through his docs yesterday, he was denied the visa. It was a terrible day for him yesterday after all the hard work,time and money spent in the process. Though he failed to tell the forum about it but I thought It good to let the forum know so we can learn many things from his case. I'm very sorry for him a d I pray that Gid strengthen him