• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

please help me.dear friends today was my interview day.I gave the embassy's officer all the necessary doucuments .i was with my hasband and my 5 month child.on the front window the embassy officer was called as and asked if a child has been taken with us .and we answer no .the person who asked us was shouted.at the moment the child passport has not handled on us .after that the the embassy man gave us a paper which states "this office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you at this time because you have been found inleligible to receive a visa under section 221(g).our interview was not conducted but and ds260 form to child medication we were paid $330.may you tell me whether we pay the money again for the next appointment.
[/QUOTE]

"this office regrets to inform you that it ..." this is the title of the AP form. Probably, there must be a hand written note or a check box marked on this form, or something the officer told you orally. Please be clear. Towards the end of your message, you talked about another appointment, really confusing message for me. In any case be assured that you will not pay that $330 again.
Kindly please rewrite the message (can be in Amharic - we will collaborate to translate for our non-Amharic speakers).

window gar teteran kezam gena le intrview sankerb,lejun(baby) mewesd tefelegalchu belo teyeken co.egname anfelegem alnewe,kezame endet telachut teheadalchu belo chohe .egname yezenewe mehead endemnefleg ena gen passport endalawetanlet negernew,kezam wereket seten lezare visa we endetekatle yemele keseru gen astekaklachu wede caunslar office temelsen endenmeta yemele,kezam teton weta torguamewa interviewe endaltedregen negran lela wereket ketero maseyaza setechen ke co wereket gar arga ena ds260 laye endenasmezegbew ena medical wereket enaleleju,e birr yezen endenemeta negrechen yehe newe hunetawe egna gera gebtonal

Why do you change the address of the host during the interview?you have to progress with the information you filed on DS260.If the need arises you can change it later after visa issuance during processing the immigrant visa payment. @dawgeb

Why do you change the address of the host during the interview?you have to progress with the information you filed on DS260.If the need arises you can change it later after visa issuance during processing the immigrant visa payment. @dawgeb
thank you benji the reason why i want to change my sponser is that my sponsor which i fill in ds-260 lives in denver but i want to go to sanjose where my cousin lives there so i want to make my cousin my sponser now

There's no rule/law that says one must "progress" or can't make changes to the information provided on the DS-260 form during the interview. A person can request to make changes if need be.

There's no rule/law that says one must "progress" or can't make changes to the information provided on the DS-260 form during the interview. A person can request to make changes if need be.
We changed our address on DS-260 to a new address during the interview.

window gar teteran kezam gena le intrview sankerb,lejun(baby) mewesd tefelegalchu belo teyeken co.egname anfelegem alnewe,kezame endet telachut teheadalchu belo chohe .egname yezenewe mehead endemnefleg ena gen passport endalawetanlet negernew,kezam wereket seten lezare visa we endetekatle yemele keseru gen astekaklachu wede caunslar office temelsen endenmeta yemele,kezam teton weta torguamewa interviewe endaltedregen negran lela wereket ketero maseyaza setechen ke co wereket gar arga ena ds260 laye endenasmezegbew ena medical wereket enaleleju,e birr yezen endenemeta negrechen yehe newe hunetawe egna gera gebtonal

Below is my translation of the above case of @selina90 as promised for our non-Amharic speaking members:
1) We are called to a window
2) Seeing a baby in our hand, the CO asked if we want to take the baby with us, we then answered No
3) The CO then shouted asking – “Why we leave the baby behind?”
4) We then responded saying – “We would like to take the baby with us but he doesn't have passport”
5) The CO gave us a paper that says “visa process unsuccessful for today”. At the bottom of the page, it also says “come again with a complete document”.
6) The CO then went away from the window leaving us with the interpreter. The interpreter then told us that we haven’t yet done our interview and we should come again. She gave us another paper for taking appointment and she advised us to register the baby on DS260. She also told us to make medical checkup of the baby and bring $330 for his payment when we comeback.

** That is my rough translation ***

In my opinion, the main problem with this process is lack of information. I am still positive and if they do what is advised, the chance is very high. Our senior members can come in for analysis of the case and for more advice.

Thank you @MB1xxx for the translation. Frankly speaking, if @selina90 ends up not getting the visa at the end of the day, she has no one but herself to blame. When she posted a while back to say she has a 4 month old baby, we gave her instructions on what to do, referred her to @biah's post since he went through a similar situation (posts quoted below).

You really ought to have contacted KCC to unlock your DS form for you to add the baby after putting to bed. Anyway, it's not too late, below are the responses given to someone in a similar situation. Visit the embassy just like @biah did prior to going for the scheduled interview:

Selam I faced the same problem like yours. What you should do is take the 2NL, Child's birth certificate and passport, your passport to the US Embassy Monday-Thursday at 11 am (5 local time) (they wont let you in if you come before 11) tell them that you gave birth after you won the DV lottery and you want your child to be included in the beneficiary list they will check your child's birth certificate and will give you a new letter that looks like the 2NL it will probably take you 15 minute. As for the DS-260 you can add the child for more info you can ask them at the embassy.

[ @biah and @Sm1smom] tnx u guys.
what i want to ask is i don't want to take my baby with me to us not to embassy so why i need to to have passport to the baby.i only want that the embassy knows this baby is mine and registered under beneficiaries. i don't want to take him to america know.

She was adamant back then and insisted she wasn't planning on going to the U.S. with the baby, so the baby didn't need a passport. Now getting to the embassy, she tells them they would like to take the baby but the baby doesn't have a passport. She can't explain why they had previously planned on leaving the baby behind!

Of course what do you expect in such a situation? They rightly put her on AP and now I guess she and her husband are running all over the place trying to get the passport, fill the DS form and do the baby's medical - things that could have been take care of way before the interview if they followed @biah's directives. On the other hand, they could have explained why they planned on leaving the baby behind, but they changed their story at the last minute. Very bad planning and response.

Fortunately, it's not too late, if they follow the instructions given by the embassy, they may still get their visas.

tnx all of you guys .yesterday i got email notefication,it says an agent from the u.s. department of state consulate in addis ababa modufied your visa application state us to indicate that an additional in person consulate appointment is required for name of my husband there is no additional visa application fee required to make this new appointment .please sin into your account at http://..and follow the instructions to schedule an additional consulatbest regards,the CSC visa appointment and information service team.e appointment . i hop everything will be good,

Below is my translation of the above case of @selina90 as promised for our non-Amharic speaking members:
2) Seeing a baby in our hand, the CO asked if we want to take the baby with us, we then answered No
4) We then responded saying – “We would like to take the baby with us but he doesn't have passport”
5) The CO gave us a paper that says “visa process unsuccessful for today”. At the bottom of the page, it also says “come again with a complete document”.
6) The CO then went away from the window leaving us with the interpreter. The interpreter then told us that we haven’t yet done our interview and we should come again. She gave us another paper for taking appointment and she advised us to register the baby on DS260. She also told us to make medical checkup of the baby and bring $330 for his payment when we comeback.

In my opinion, the main problem with this process is lack of information. I am still positive and if they do what is advised, the chance is very high. Our senior members can come in for analysis of the case and for more advice.

tnx a lot,God bless you

tnx all of you guys .yesterday i got email notefication,it says an agent from the u.s. department of state consulate in addis ababa modufied your visa application state us to indicate that an additional in person consulate appointment is required for name of my husband there is no additional visa application fee required to make this new appointment .please sin into your account at http://..and follow the instructions to schedule an additional consulatbest regards,the CSC visa appointment and information service team.e appointment . i hop everything will be good,

Follow the instructions they've given you, be sure to get all the required documents and book a new appointment as instructed.

Visa approved , cant thank you enough guys ! The document - checking official might have not said that I was well prepared were it not for you mates ! - Compliment forwarded :)
congrats ethselam and one question on behalf of those waiting for interview ; on the paper that has list of document that need to be submitted and is given at the entrance to embassy did it ask for authenticated transcript ? I am asking this b/c currently I am in shortage of time to authenticate it as I learn in gondar university and last time i got a 1wk break and went to addis to do medical; police; ESLC authentication but for transcript authentication the the oromia regional education officer weren't available to do the authentication and my 1wk break ended making me return back

congrats ethselam and one question on behalf of those waiting for interview ; on the paper that has list of document that need to be submitted and is given at the entrance to embassy did it ask for authenticated transcript ? I am asking this b/c currently I am in shortage of time to authenticate it as I learn in gondar university and last time i got a 1wk break and went to addis to do medical; police; ESLC authentication but for transcript authentication the the oromia regional education officer weren't available to do the authentication and my 1wk break ended making me return back
it is not a mandatory to authenticate high school transcripts, i myself did not authenticate my transcript during my interview and the CO was ok with that. Do not worry about that

Dear @abi328 , in my interview location , Frankfurt , the official was just checking originals and copies only , she didnt look for any authentication seals or signatures . Even tough the consulate's instruction does not say so , all my education documents were authenticated according to the instructions in Addis, just in case . @amelekuru 's experience is one way to go , but if you are in anyway unable to get the regional bureau's authentication ( when u come back for the interview . . . ) , I hope your high school's authentication (the primary authentication) would be enough .
Good luck !