• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hi Aiguo, it was simple thing:
- Birth certificate for one of our child which was printed by City Government of Addis Ababa in year 2000 used only (name and father name) in the "Full Name" field of the certificate.
- For our other child, whose birth certificate was printed in 2008, the same office used (name, father name and grand father name) in the "Full Name" field of the certificate.
Though I had never noticed that before, it was not difficult to convince them about the format change by the office over time. By the way this shows that the CO checks every detail of the documents submitted.
thanks. my second question please!!!!

Case Number: 2015AF00001xxx
Entry status checked: June 4, 2014
DS260 form Submitted: 6 June 2014 (5 family members)
Second NL: 19 Sept 2014
Police, Medicals…: Done, ready 10 days before interview
Interview: 17 Nov, 2014 (successful, delivery rescheduled)
Passport Submitted for Visa: 29 January 2015
Visa Picked up: Not yet
P.O.E: New York (JFK)
Travel Scheduled: July 2015

@MB1xxx, can you share with me what happen. from your signature above, you had a successful interview on 17th november ( 5 family members) then you submitted your passport again on 29th January. Please what happened that you were rescheduled after a successful interview on 17th november?
Dear @aiguo as I explained in my previous posts, nothing wrong happened but it is due to our request which we made after the interview was completed (see our last dialog on the interview report). We explained our concern about children exit exam (12 grade) and other activities at their school including graduation (had we been given visa in November, the six month limit would not accommodate this). We were generously given open appointment that says "return six months before children exit exam". That is why we went on the 29th of January (we still hope that the confusing 6 month limit of the medical document will not affect our July travel plan for which we already purchased the ticket).

Dear forum mates,
Just to break the silence, below is what I currently read on our status page but we didn't yet receive any email instructing visa pickup.
"Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted. ....."
Once your status is changed to "issued", it may take up to five days before you receive a notification email from the embassy telling you that your document being transferred to courier service (DHL). You will also receive another email with in two hours telling you that your document is ready for pick up.

Once your status is changed to "issued", it may take up to five days before you receive a notification email from the embassy telling you that your document being transferred to courier service (DHL). You will also receive another email with in two hours telling you that your document is ready for pick up.
Excellent! It means, besides obtaining our visa, this forum will learn something about the relationship between visa duration and medical certificate expiry date for Ethiopia in less than a week time. I am hopping to follow the footstep of SusieQQ whose medical certificate was valid at least for about 8 months.

In most places, the medical certificate is typically valid for one year, unless one form of medical condition or the other was noted by the panel doctor at the time of the medical exam.

hello people, as promised, i contacted American medical center concerning duration of validity of medical exam and they said it is for 6mth. i will try to contact IOM to see for different idea

In most places, the medical certificate is typically valid for one year, unless one form of medical condition or the other was noted by the panel doctor at the time of the medical exam.
hello people, as promised, i contacted American medical center concerning duration of validity of medical exam and they said it is for 6mth. i will try to contact IOM to see for different idea
Interesting!! Good and bad news coming together. I'm still hoping for the good one. Let's wait for the three/four days and see.

After long waiting, as painful as waiting 2NL, I finally picked up my passport.
As I had learnt from previous experiences, I was supposed to get it maximum of a week after my interview date, January 14/2015. It took too long unusually.
Anyways I'm relaxed now. Thank God.

Interesting!! Good and bad news coming together. I'm still hoping for the good one. Let's wait for the three/four days and see.

They take account the medical expiry date (IF there is one) and adjust the visa expiration date.

Relax @MB1xxx. The expiry date of diversity visa is 6 months from the date of visa printing. I think there is nothing to worry about.

A@God-Is-Love
As I had learnt from previous experiences, I was supposed to get it maximum of a week after my interview date, January 14/2015. It took too long unusually.
Anyways I'm relaxed now. Thank God.
@God-Is-Love , glad to hear that , I am truly happy for you
now google the best place you can sit on flight #____ from addis abeba to ..... BON VOYAGE
congra sis

Last edited:
@God-Is-Love , he ( @MB1xxx ) Has to be in USA before six months of his medical result, not before expiry of diversity visa.
I don't think so. As I have learnt from @britsimons's previous post, the embassy takes in to account the medical expiration date when visa is printed. Which means, if the medical would be expired with in six months, they visa would ahve been valied for less than six months.
They take account the medical expiry date (IF there is one) and adjust the visa expiration date.

Relax @MB1xxx. The expiry date of diversity visa is 6 months from the date of visa printing. I think there is nothing to worry about.
Thank you @God-Is-Love, that is what I wanted to hear.
Congratulations for having your visa at hand!! By the way, if you didn't yet buy your ticket, note that you save $60 per ticket if you book online and go to the Emirates office to pay and collect the ticket.

@God-Is-Love , he ( @MB1xxx ) Has to be in USA before six months of his medical result, not before expiry of diversity visa.
No Rolex123. There can't be such logic. Medical document should be used to decide visa parameters (date). But once visa is offered, the date on the visa should dictate. I don't have doubt about this. My only worry is if they consider medical expiry date when printing visa. If it goes like God-is-Love said, that will be perfect for me.

No Rolex123. There can't be such logic. Medical document should be used to decide visa parameters (date). But once visa is offered, the date on the visa should dictate. I don't have doubt about this. My only worry is if they consider medical expiry date when printing visa. If it goes like God-is-Love said, that will be perfect for me.
For sure, it will be PERFECT FOR YOU

Wawoooo that is Great!! Thanks God, everything is going as planned. Thank you all in the forum for your follow up and advise on my ups and downs about the six month limit and medical examination date. We just received our visa and the date is August 3, exactly six month from the date of printing.
Remark: August 3 is about nine month from the date we had our medical examination. Can we conclude medical documents in Ethiopia have at least 9 month validity?

ok MB1xxx I understood now, but what I was trying to say before six month of the medical result I was referring the medical result expiry date of which is six month from the date the medical center issue the result.