• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Dear friends, can anyone tell me which seat/position is good in an aircraft Boeing 777 2LR? I mean... where the motor noise is minimum and leg room is comparatively wide. I am referring to the economic class. Any one experienced?

Dear friends, can anyone tell me which seat/position is good in an aircraft Boeing 777 2LR? I mean... where the motor noise is minimum and leg room is comparatively wide. I am referring to the economic class. Any one experienced?
hey god is love

39 ABC OR 39 LKJ are preferred because they are close to the emergency exit you have a very wide space to relax !! hope these seats are not taken !

hey pals

I have finished my medical

thanks to god every thing is alright

IOM is the best choice

I mate 3 of my students working there ; they really facilitate the process for me

cheers

Do that as soon as possible - you need to get this done within the month of original interview to avoid having your visas reallocated.

Given the child is 5 months old, why did you not get the medical done for the infant anyway??
I will @Britsimon. I have submitted the online application already and got appointment for physical examination of the infant for tomorrow. By the way I did ask at IOM for them to do the medical examination along with other members of the family. They told me that they cannot do it as long as the infant's name was not listed on the appointment letter. Instead they informed me that the embassy should issue a medical examination request for the new born baby. Of course, that was what has happened exactly.

I will @Britsimon. I have submitted the online application already and got appointment for physical examination of the infant for tomorrow. By the way I did ask at IOM for them to do the medical examination along with other members of the family. They told me that they cannot do it as long as the infant's name was not listed on the appointment letter. Instead they informed me that the embassy should issue a medical examination request for the new born baby. Of course, that was what has happened exactly.
@Ebro that's good news , how about adding new derivative on ds-260 ? did you try ?

@Ebro that's good news , how about adding new derivative on ds-260 ? did you try ?
@aiguo , ya that is what I really like to know from @Ebro
Yes @rolex123, I did try and managed to add my son. When I open my account I found the name of the infant included with the status being "incomplete" and it was editable unlike the rest of us. I think the lady I met yesterday in the embassy has updated (added) my account for the new member. I filled all the details. It's the usual DS260. Finally, I have got email confirmation that he is under my case number.

Ahhh OK - IOM were applyiong their rules in that way - some doctors do, some don't. It was very obvious that you would be back later - so it was a silly decision on their part.

I think you would have had a smoother time if you had added your baby to the DS260 prior to interview. In the 5 months there should have been time. Never mind - it seems like you are back on track.

@aiguo , ya that is what I really like to know from @Ebro
am very much much interested in the answer to the question because i also need to add my twins. there is a similar case in Ghana,
Yes @rolex123, I did try and managed to add my son. When I open my account I found the name of the infant included with the status being "incomplete" and it was editable unlike the rest of us. I think the lady I met yesterday in the embassy has updated (added) my account for the new member. I filled all the details. It's the usual DS260. Finally, I have got email confirmation that he is under my case number.

do you think you could have added the kid if you had email the embassy with the birth certificate after you were scheduled for interview?

thanks for the reply

am very much much interested in the answer to the question because i also need to add my twins. there is a similar case in Ghana,

do you think you could have added the kid if you had email the embassy with the birth certificate after you were scheduled for interview?
@aiguo, I have not tried that. But I think that seems impossible. I have also asked people around the embassy engaged in filling DV forms for fee. They told me that unless the embassy authorizes, the applicant who has been already scheduled for interview cannot update his/her account. May be other thread mates can share their experience in this regard.
Good Luck!

@aiguo, I have not tried that. But I think that seems impossible. I have also asked people around the embassy engaged in filling DV forms for fee. They told me that unless the embassy authorizes, the applicant who has been already scheduled for interview cannot update his/her account. May be other thread mates can share their experience in this regard.
Good Luck!
you are right. its only the embassy which can unlock the DS-260. I emailed the embassy in Ghana to unlock the forms but the replied was that I wait and discuss that which the CO during my interview. i dont understand why

Dear forum mates,
Just to break the silence, below is what I currently read on our status page but we didn't yet receive any email instructing visa pickup.
"Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted. ....."

Dear forum mates,
Just to break the silence, below is what I currently read on our status page but we didn't yet receive any email instructing visa pickup.
"Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted. ....."
printed. case close, it will come soon. hehehe

Here is the detail of our interview day at the US Embassy in Addis:
- Arrived at the embassy (7:30am)
- Show the appointment letter and all our passports to the security guard outside the gate
- Pass through the security check submitting all our electronic devices (cell phones, car remotes)
- Greeted by a charming lady who asked us to put all our docs in a folder (both originals and copies)
- The lady verified all the docs of five family members one by one (against a list printed on one side of the folder) and returned us some extra docs (e.g. educational document of spouse)
- She then gave us an interview appointment coupon for 12:30pm. There is a guideline with the coupon that tells to prepare $330x5 for the afternoon
- Arrived for the interview on time. We were asked to show the coupon and renewed kebele ID (parents) and school ID (children) by the security guard (IDs are asked because our passport is inside)
- We pass through similar security check and then told to wait in the waiting room
- Called at one of the windows and asked to pay $330 (for the DV winner only) by Ethiopian lady
- After the payment, we were asked to give finger prints (only four of us). My youngest daughter (10 years old) was not asked.
- Told to wait again. After few minutes, called at another windiw. Greeted with full smile by an American CO and one Ethiopian lady (translator)
- Questions :
CO: Asked us to swear to tell only the truth
* We did that raising our right hands
CO: Pointing to my youngest daughter, what is her age?
* Answered 10
CO: What do you work
* Answered
CO: Who is your host?
* Answered
CO: What is your relationship with your host?
* Answered
CO: Few questions on contents of submitted docs (e.g. why naming on one of the birth certificates of the children is different?)
* We didn't even notice that before. It was found to be a name format change by municipality over time. We had to explain it and finally agreed.

CO: Declared our visa is approved and asked us to pay the remaining fee ($330x4). Asked us to register for DHL (we already did before) and gave us 5 yellow instruction pages (one for each family member by name) to send to our host in the US (it was about the $165 per person payment for the green card). This payment can be made online by anyone.
* We sincerely thanked the CO. We then requested if it is possible to ask family related private questions. We were allowed and the CO was very kind to make efforts to respond to our question positively.
Overall: our assessment about the interview is that the CO asks questions to verify if what you submit and you tell is realy genuine and right. So, everybody please go for your interview with confidence and tell nothing else but only the trouth. Bye. Any question is welcome.

sorry for taking your bad again. what was the issue? We didn't even notice that before. It was found to be a name format change by municipality over time. We had to explain it and finally agreed. ????

Dear forum mates,

Case Number: 2015AF00001xxx
Entry status checked: June 4, 2014
DS260 form Submitted: 6 June 2014 (5 family members)
Second NL: 19 Sept 2014
Police, Medicals…: Done, ready 10 days before interview
Interview: 17 Nov, 2014 (successful, delivery rescheduled)
Passport Submitted for Visa: 29 January 2015
Visa Picked up: Not yet
P.O.E: New York (JFK)
Travel Scheduled: July 2015

@MB1xxx, can you share with me what happen. from your signature above, you had a successful interview on 17th november ( 5 family members) then you submitted your passport again on 29th January. Please what happened that you were rescheduled after a successful interview on 17th november?

sorry for taking your bad again. what was the issue? We didn't even notice that before. It was found to be a name format change by municipality over time. We had to explain it and finally agreed. ????
Hi Aiguo, it was simple thing:
- Birth certificate for one of our child which was printed by City Government of Addis Ababa in year 2000 used only (name and father name) in the "Full Name" field of the certificate.
- For our other child, whose birth certificate was printed in 2008, the same office used (name, father name and grand father name) in the "Full Name" field of the certificate.
Though I had never noticed that before, it was not difficult to convince them about the format change by the office over time. By the way this shows that the CO checks every detail of the documents submitted.