• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am still not convinced much with the reasoning ( am convinced that he should have indicated though). We all know that if a person had done crime or not ( even the background check)will be known with the finger print, not name. And he has disclosed by bringing the court paper along other documents.

This will be a big learning case for all of us. I stick with the person who advised you to go along the documents and tell them all the truth.

That's fine, don't be convinced. You do what your guts tells you when it comes to filing out forms in the US and your face the consequences when the time arrives.

The background check example I gave is just one reason why all names have to be declared, whether legally changed or not, it's not the only reason they require it. And mind you, it's possible for the cops to have just a person's name on record for a crime, with no finger prints, if the person was not arrested, did not leave prints behind, etc. For instance, a person could commit assault on someone and run away from the scene before the cops arrive, if the victim knows the the attacker by name, all the cops will have on record is the attacker's name. Now if this person changes his name some years later and a background check is carried out, the previous crime will never show up under the new name because his prints are not attached to the previous name.

One thing a lot of immigrants don't seem to realize is that when the time comes to apply for citizenship, all the documents and forms used for the GC application are given a lot more scrutiny then they did during the GC process. That is not the time you want the IO to begin to wonder why certain information wasn't listed on those forms back then.

Hey every 1
What can happen if my CN are identified by other person? What he can do if he wants to try to make something......?

Hey every 1
What can happen if my CN are identified by other person? What he can do if he wants to try to make something......?
If they get hold of you birth date and you full name they can emaill kcc to sabotage your application!
But other things I'm not sure ....

Hey every 1

Pretty much nothing at all.

I suppose he could try to steal your opportunity. He could get a copy of your birth certificate, apply for or forge a passport, build a complete history of education etc in your name. Get into the online ESC system by somehow obtaining your entry code, convince you not to attend the appointment and then convince everyone at the embassy that he was you.

That all seems unlikely though because someone that smart could probably get sponsored to work for the NSA...

Don't worry about it.

ABY111,

just to add my weight to what TEW and Sm1smon just said...does not including that name on DS-230 tantamount to false statement or concealment of a material fact? A false statement is defined according to the context in which it is used. Various entities may define it to be a statement which is factually incorrect, with or without the element of knowing on the part of the statement's maker. So if you have been using that name and you knowingly or unknowingly didn't add it to DS-230 form, the counselor could interpret it as you having withheld a material fact in order to obtain a visa. Remember the counselor makes the decision to give or not to give you the visa based on the material right before them.
A false statement or representation may be made orally or in writing, and may be a positive statement as well as silence or concealment of a material fact."
I suggest you fill in another form DS-230 and include that name and email it to KCC. If your interview is in a couple of days time, go with that form to the embassy and hand it over when you are asked to handover your official documentation.
Further if you can get a Sworn Affidavit in which swear you are one and the same person that too could help.

I hope this helps.

I will do what u guys are saying.i will try to get polise certificate by my previous name if polise dep't do this kind of stuff & i will take the new filled out DS form to the embassy at the time of interview .thank you all

aby111,

How are you my friend ? Changing names is not a big deal it is only in Ethiopia we stick to the name that our parents give us. It is you who have to decide the best name that suits you. So far there is no duplicate fingerprint reports, fingerprints are unique, so it doesn't matter if u change your names 700^7 times if you have a criminal recorded you can't escape it! But I don't think this is the situation that we have got here.

It would have been better if you mentioned it to KCC. So what you have to do know is to take your court paper with you to the interview, translated and authenticated if necessary. Otherwise getting two police clearance is not a good idea and if you didn't mention it at the time of the process they will take you down immediately as your finger prints by the name that you are using are already there.

I wish you good luck! I will not be around in the forum .... but I will come to read your progress so don't forget to leave us a note here.

Medically speaking it will be the date that the tests are done and I believe that is what all matters regarding the 6 month window period.

hi guys i have a question for you, the medical examination is suppose to be valid for six months. but is it six months from the day you get your results or the day the examination is held? cuz there is some gap between them.

Don't want to be argumentive ! But in my home country we don't use finger prints for police clereance, just the name . And I had done this way, the problem I have to redo it again because it expired already .

I could have said...."he is not living in your country where police clearance is given by name than finger print"....this is being argumentative, not my earlier take on Sm1smom. We are here trying to give the guy a solution....then what is your solution?

That's fine, don't be convinced. You do what your guts tells you when it comes to filing out forms in the US and your face the consequences when the time arrives.

The background check example I gave is just one reason why all names have to be declared, whether legally changed or not, it's not the only reason they require it. And mind you, it's possible for the cops to have just a person's name on record for a crime, with no finger prints, if the person was not arrested, did not leave prints behind, etc. For instance, a person could commit assault on someone and run away from the scene before the cops arrive, if the victim knows the the attacker by name, all the cops will have on record is the attacker's name. Now if this person changes his name some years later and a background check is carried out, the previous crime will never show up under the new name because his prints are not attached to the previous name.

One thing a lot of immigrants don't seem to realize is that when the time comes to apply for citizenship, all the documents and forms used for the GC application are given a lot more scrutiny then they did during the GC process. That is not the time you want the IO to begin to wonder why certain information wasn't listed on those forms back then.

I rest my case.... He should go with a new form including the old name and tell the truth. Don't think he's got a better option. Thank you.

Good luck to those facing an interview this week! Stay as calm as you can and double check you have all your documents :).

Guys, I just finished having all my school documents authenticated but I have one concern. Some of my documents are in French and I've had them translated into English by a French embassy approved translation company.

Do I need to have the translations authenticated as well? The French embassy staff told me it's unnecessary but I want to know if anyone has any other opinion. I'll of course write to the US embassy but I have to wait days for an answer.

Dear forumates
how many days does it take to finish the medical examination prior to interview date???
Plus one question how do i book for medical examination on IOM???

From what I've been told, it takes two days. The first day to do the exams, the second day to see the doctor. After that they will need some time (a couple of weeks) to send the report to the embassy. Of course, this is assuming all is in order. If, for instance, they find something on your results and need to run more tests, it will take much more time.

i was in ethiopia. why is it appeared to be strange?

Your case number is outside of the typical range (much higher) than we expect for Ethiopia. That has been noticed in other cases (other countries). Raevsky had a theory that it might happen when people are abroad. It doesn't mean you will have any problem - because Ethiopia is unlikely to hit the country limit because of low success rates (many selectees don't fill their forms in).

Status
Not open for further replies.