• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I just took a quick look, and it looks like the same file, except the pie chart (which is for all regions combined). I used that same data to do the analysis above :)

I'm not reading that whole thread to try figure out why applying while in another country supposedly makes any difference to the application...

LOL.

BND appears to have a special number (high for Ethiopia). Since Ethiopia were restricted during the draw, his case may give some clues as to why that happens sometimes (i.e. a big gap of case numbers and then one more).

I'm not reading that whole thread to try figure out why applying while in another country supposedly makes any difference to the application...

Actualy just the last page.
But anyway we trying to figure out why is some CN like BND's one is way over the the ethiopian range, we also spotted some CN's' that outliers that belong to the special countries but most of them its because they reside out of the country when applying for DV lottery.

Actualy just the last page.
But anyway we trying to figure out why is some CN like BND's one is way over the the ethiopian range, we also spotted some CN's' that outliers that belong to the special countries but most of them its because they reside out of the country when applying for DV lottery.

I'd keep in mind that we have an absolutely tiny, statistically insignificant, percentage of winners on these boards. I'd be extremely wary of extrapolating any conclusions from posters here about things like this.

I'd keep in mind that we have an absolutely tiny, statistically insignificant, percentage of winners on these boards. I'd be extremely wary of extrapolating any conclusions from posters here about things like this.

Well i agree
But its the way and field we have to search and try to figure out about the dv process, but also lot of members here are also conected to other forums and facebook pages and they gather infos for us :)

Well i agree
But its the way and field we have to search and try to figure out about the dv process, but also lot of members here are also conected to other forums and facebook pages and they gather infos for us :)

And what are all those as a % of the approx 6000 selectees...? ;)

You are welcome engef,
Hope you have prepared all your documents except Medical.
Actually I didnt but am collecting my documents from skool and about to get it authenticated.am sure I'll be ready before ma interview.

hey every one

i need to ask u something when going to embassy did i pay the visa fee $330 for my kids also or i will pay for my salf only???

hey every one

i need to ask u something when going to embassy did i pay the visa fee $330 for my kids also or i will pay for my salf only???

You pay for everyone who is applying for a visa. Remember you will also need to pay $165 per person to get the green card as well, once you have the visas but before you go to the US.

Hi all forum members i know I'm late to share my interview but at least i have to respect my word (promise) ......most of the interview experiences are already mentioned by piugue but i have to say something regarding my interview & what i observed from others too.
first if possible you should arrive more than 15 minutes before your interview appointment time.outside the compound the security may ask you your appointment letter.after following the necessary procedures you are allowed to enter.inside the room you will meet someone who tells you to prepare the documents in the order as provided in the paper. That person gives you a piece of paper that you are expected to sign &to come back for the interview @1p.m in the afternoon.When you come back off course you have to pay the fee,then you sit in front of the window & you are called randomly .The interview at the consulate is usually a simple process .Answer truthfully & consistently throught and don't engage in unnecessary conversation with the consular officer as that might cause more problems.The consulate officer interviews for a few minutes as always you should be polite and courteous to them.after you take Oath,the officer will tell you to sign Ds 230 form that you already sent to kcc.ONE THING YOU SHOULD HAVE TO KNOW IS Each immigration officer has his or her own way of conducting the interviews so the orders & the questions vary.Your documents,circumstances & your answers play a significant role.Regarding my interview the officer asked me few questions.1)did you married,age,do you have fiance ?2)The officer asked me my current education pending in university.....specially if you are university student the officer will ask each courses that you already took in your stay at the university ,the department ,the reason why choose d that department & also the result of your entrance examination? The questions might seem easy but what is expected from you is to answer those questions confidently. Finally as already mentioned by other members don't worry about spelling error for instance error error on birth place,name if it doesn't brought a substantial difference with the original documents EVEN they tolerated in s my case that the name of my high school in the transcript is completely difference with the Ds form that i sent to kcc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all forum members i know I'm late to share my interview but at least i have to respect my word (promise) ......most of the interview experiences are already mentioned by piugue but i have to say something regarding my interview & what i observed from others too.
first if possible you should arrive more than 15 minutes before your interview appointment time.outside the compound the security may ask you your appointment letter.after following the necessary procedures you are allowed to enter.inside the room you will meet someone who tells you to prepare the documents in the order as provided in the paper. That person gives you a piece of paper that you are expected to sign &to come back for the interview @1p.m in the afternoon.When you come back off course you have to pay the fee,then you sit in front of the window & you are called randomly .The interview at the consulate is usually a simple process .Answer truthfully & consistently throught and don't engage in unnecessary conversation with the consular officer as that might cause more problems.The consulate officer interviews for a few minutes as always you should be polite and courteous to them.after you take Oath,the officer will tell you to sign Ds 230 form that you already sent to kcc.ONE THING YOU SHOULD HAVE TO KNOW IS Each immigration officer has his or her own way of conducting the interviews so the orders & the questions vary.Your documents,circumstances & your answers play a significant role.Regarding my interview the officer asked me few questions.1)did you married,age,do you have fiance ?2)The officer asked me my current education pending in university.....specially if you are university student the officer will ask each courses that you already took in your stay at the university ,the department ,the reason why choose d that department & also the result of your entrance examination? The questions might seem easy but what is expected from you is to answer those questions confidently. Finally as already mentioned by other members don't worry about spelling error for instance error error on birth place,name if it doesn't brought a substantial difference with the original documents EVEN they tolerated in s my case that the name of my high school in the transcript is completely difference with the Ds form that i sent to kcc.

Thanks sadat13 u keep your word !

Thanks, good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.