• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethiopia is no longer separate from the rest of Africa!!! So 30,000 for April. She refused to give me the numbers for Egypt and Nigeria, but she said that they still have separate cutoffs.

WOW! Ethiopia has reaaaally jumped. I'm thrilled, but it now means I need to get ready. I submitted my docs very quickly so I think my interview will likely be in the first week of May.

In April 2013, Ethiopia was at 29,700 and Africa at 33,500, so this is a great development for Ethiopians, but a bit disappointing for other Africans.

Ethiopia is no longer separate from the rest of Africa!!! So 30,000 for April. She refused to give me the numbers for Egypt and Nigeria, but she said that they still have separate cutoffs.

WOW! Ethiopia has reaaaally jumped. I'm thrilled, but it now means I need to get ready. I submitted my docs very quickly so I think my interview will likely be in the first week of May.

Wow - May for sure - lucky you!

So the cutoff for the rest of Africa is 30,000 is that right?

WOW!!! Thanks Tew for calling KCC. What a great news for us all!

I was expecting somting like that and it happened .....Glory be to thee we will be buckling up for MAY! CHEERS!!!:D:cool:

This is a good news for Ethiopians with higher case numbers. Yet to ask, is it possible Ethiopia will fall out from Africa after joining? Has it happened before? Anyone please.

This is a good news for Ethiopians with higher case numbers. Yet to ask, is it possible Ethiopia will fall out from Africa after joining? Has it happened before? Anyone please.

Dear Ormania,
If you see to the database of previous VB like fiscal year DV 2006 this what happened… on October there is no exception but on November & December Ethiopian & Nigeria joined the exception box. Then starting January until April Ethiopia was out of the exception box, on May Ethiopia back to the exception again. Egypt also joined on last month of the fiscal year to the box while Nigeria is out.
So Yes there is a possibility.

Dear Ormania,
If you see to the database of previous VB like fiscal year DV 2006 this what happened… on October there is no exception but on November & December Ethiopian & Nigeria joined the exception box. Then starting January until April Ethiopia was out of the exception box, on May Ethiopia back to the exception again. Egypt also joined on last month of the fiscal year to the box while Nigeria is out.
So Yes there is a possibility.

I see, that means if more people show up for the interview the cut off will slow down and we will join the EXCEPT category.... Let us hope that we keep moving with Africa till the end of the FY. Thanks anyway.

wow that really awesome move Ethiopia CN Thank u GOD!!! thanks dear tew for the numbers and congratulation those who be came current !!!!!

thank u GOD

Visa Bulletin for Africa 25,000 Ethiopia 24,700. 5K difference from Feb VB. hopes next month will be out of the Exception. elelelelelllelel

My hopes are achieving. Us I comment last month VB I hope next month Ethiopia will be out of EXCEPT so we out of the box. Let’s hope until the end out of the box like the others. Elelelelelele lol

I think Ethiopia will probably get its own cutoff again next month. I say that for two reasons: first, Ethiopia's numbers have been jumping so drastically that it outstripped AF's pace, so they had no choice but to make us match the rest of the continent this month. They can't give us a higher cutoff than AF lol. The highest case number I've heard for an Ethiopian so far is in the low 5x,xxx, so if we keep jumping 5k-8k every month the way we've been doing, we'll reach that number in July, maybe August. Who will be left to interview in August and September? I don't think Ethiopia will be continuing at that pace for much longer, and I suspect the pace will drop to around 3-4k monthly.

Second, Africa's numbers seem to jump around 10k month to month, if not faster, towards the end of the DV year if you look at past trends. So I think AF will start really accelerating next bulletin, and leave Ethiopia behind.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.

Do you guys have any idea what the highest CN for Ethiopians is?

Last edited by a moderator:
My hopes are achieving. Us I comment last month VB I hope next month Ethiopia will be out of EXCEPT so we out of the box. Let’s hope until the end out of the box like the others. Elelelelelele lol

@ Hinicho==
WOw am amazed that you predicted it exactly. What do you think in the next bulletin will happen to us? will go to EXCEPTION or continue with Africa?

@Tew, both your theories are modest. 1) They didn't let us go ahead of AF and tied us with AF. 2) AF will accelerate and we will go down to EXCEPTION again.
But it seems to me we will finish the FY along with Africa. Don't see the danger of lagging behind AF.

I have not seen Ethiopian number higher than 5*,*** as you said. Sure there are a lot more than that number.

@ Hinicho==
WOw am amazed that you predicted it exactly. What do you think in the next bulletin will happen to us? will go to EXCEPTION or continue with Africa?

@Tew, both your theories are modest. 1) They didn't let us go ahead of AF and tied us with AF. 2) AF will accelerate and we will go down to EXCEPTION again.
But it seems to me we will finish the FY along with Africa. Don't see the danger of lagging behind AF.

I have not seen Ethiopian number higher than 5*,*** as you said. Sure there are a lot more than that number.

I didn’t agree with Tew
1. The first one is why they put us in the Except box??? B/c Those 3 country’s are having the highest number of population the number of winning this game for those countries is very high. That's why they put us in the Except box so there are a lot of brothers are behind you. For your info Nigeria was excluded DV2015 b/c since over 50,000 Nigerians had immigrated into the United States in the last five years.

2. What is your evidence the highest CN for Ethiopian to be 50*** if you see Ormiana table there is Engmtolera with 82*** and we Ethiopians are, we don’t have the access to the Internet easily and also the habit of participating in this kind of forms. If you see the statically Visa until “end of December 30 ,, the Addis Ababa Embassy processed 1410 visas out of these 330 visas are issued, 48 refused, 989 are ready and 3 transferred”. You see, out of 1410 how many of us participating in this form if you see to the maximum its 30-40.
I thought there are a lot of higher numbers not joined this form and also there is a rumor a CN above 50*** will not get the chance to face the CO that makes people to stop hoping. So when we come to VB for next month /May/ Ethiopia will be staying out of the Box. Let’s hope the best…..
That’s my hope out of BOXXXXXX……

I didn’t agree with Tew
1. The first one is why they put us in the Except box??? B/c Those 3 country’s are having the highest number of population the number of winning this game for those countries is very high. That's why they put us in the Except box so there are a lot of brothers are behind you. For your info Nigeria was excluded DV2015 b/c since over 50,000 Nigerians had immigrated into the United States in the last five years.

2. What is your evidence the highest CN for Ethiopian to be 50*** if you see Ormiana table there is Engmtolera with 82*** and we Ethiopians are, we don’t have the access to the Internet easily and also the habit of participating in this kind of forms. If you see the statically Visa until “end of December 30 ,, the Addis Ababa Embassy processed 1410 visas out of these 330 visas are issued, 48 refused, 989 are ready and 3 transferred”. You see, out of 1410 how many of us participating in this form if you see to the maximum its 30-40.
I thought there are a lot of higher numbers not joined this form and also there is a rumor a CN above 50*** will not get the chance to face the CO that makes people to stop hoping. So when we come to VB for next month /May/ Ethiopia will be staying out of the Box. Let’s hope the best…..
That’s my hope out of BOXXXXXX……

I buy this idea, the justification being according to the DV 2013 most of the Ethiopian winners were with case number less than 32900 that was even the maximum as it was set in the document for Ethiopia. only very few, may be less than 5% of the winners were exceeding this case number. Very much optimistic this holds true in this year too, thus very much probable that we will be with the AF in the up coming months.
It is also true that the AF will take a big jump for the reason that the load from the three countries Ethiopia, Egypt and Nigeria will be considerably reduced as there most of the available case numbers were processed already.
But never expect that we will be ahead of AF as there procedures do not allow them to do so.

best

2. What is your evidence the highest CN for Ethiopian to be 50*** if you see Ormiana table there is Engmtolera with 82*** and

Hinicho i removed Engmtolera from the list as he couldn't confirm or deny that he is from Ethiopia. But yet you are right most Ethiopian are with higher case numbers coz seen too little of us with cn less than 20,000. And the way our cute off is running up tells that more people are waiting at the bottom list of the case numbers.

Help

hey ormaya how u i am one of the winner of dv 2014 and i need a be-rife answer for my question i adopted kid of my sister and i have all document of adoption and how can i will be face the interview if u have any idea please tel me

Status
Not open for further replies.