• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Every One

hey Every One how u i am one of the winner of Dv 2014 from Ethiopia and i need a be-rife answer for my question i adopted kid of my sister and i have all document of adoption and how can i will be face the interview if u have any idea please tel me.... if any one now about this please inbox me ur no.

hey ormaya how u i am one of the winner of dv 2014 and i need a be-rife answer for my question i adopted kid of my sister and i have all document of adoption and how can i will be face the interview if u have any idea please tel me

Did you adopt this child before the lottery entry and lottery win? Did you include the child on the original entry and subsequently on the 122/230 forms? The timing and your actions are extremely important here.

hey ormaya how u i am one of the winner of dv 2014 and i need a be-rife answer for my question i adopted kid of my sister and i have all document of adoption and how can i will be face the interview if u have any idea please tel me

Hi jonahyoyi, just for the record are you from Ethiopia? if so i have in-boxed you my number. I agree with britsimon as i inboxed you earlier.

my CN is the highest so far in this forum 50,7xx yet i am hopping my interview will schedule around July

yes i am. what is country limit? is that a kind of permanent cut off for higher CN?

yes i am. what is country limit? is that a kind of permanent cut off for higher CN?

That is interesting - I think your number is an outlier for Ethiopia - I think the statisticians are assuming Ethiopia selectees are concentrated in the first 25/30k numbers. So your case prooves that outliers can exist.

Ethiopia was being limited in recent visa bulletins, but the limit was taken off for the March bulletin (April interviews) that was published yesterday. So, Ethiopia is now up to 30,000. The limit can be temporary or permanent (obviously temporary in the Ethiopian case).

If Ethiopia does not get a country cutoff again you will probably have your interview in June, maybe July.

what do you mean by "if a Ethiopia does not get a country cutoff"? is there a possibility where a country does not get listed on the cutoff list before september 2014?

Thanks for sharing man
If ethiopia doesnt get special cutoff, means will run on the same rate as the rest of africa, so you will be current sooner!
dont u think Ethiopia will be back to the exception cutoff list again? because as u mentioned earlier Ethiopian winners r more concentrated around 25/30k and that may cause a retarded visa processing

dont u think Ethiopia will be back to the exception cutoff list again? because as u mentioned earlier Ethiopian winners r more concentrated around 25/30k and that may cause a retarded visa processing

It can happen again sure! It all depends of how is the embassy is coping with the process ... And the dencity of the cases...

It can happen again sure! It all depends of how is the embassy is coping with the process ... And the dencity of the cases...

Hi guys,

Just for your information the interview outcomes at Addis Ababa U.S. Embassy as of 02/02/2014 looks like the following.

[tr]
[td]S/N[/td]
[td]POST[/td]
[td]INTERVIEW STATUS[/td]
[td]TOTAL[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]1[/td]
[td]ADDIS ABABA[/td]
[td]ISSUED[/td]
[td]509[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2[/td]
[td]ADDIS ABABA[/td]
[td]READY[/td]
[td]690[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3[/td]
[td]ADDIS ABABA[/td]
[td]AP[/td]
[td]79[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]4[/td]
[td]ADDIS ABABA[/td]
[td]REFUSED [/td]
[td]76[/td]
[/tr]

The above stat was from the interviewed 1,354 winners. I don't know if the 79 refusal is a good rate or not compared to the total processed. Enlighten us if you have any idea about it.

SOURCE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agk_blwxh4svdFpBMHFwZVRVdjJmV1FNMkg5OFFUMWc#gid=0

So I played around with the file after downloading it, and the numbers I get are a bit different since I decided to do it only until January 31. I filtered it until only CNs up to 13,000 show for ADD (since that was Ethiopia's limit in Jan).

My findings:

Total CN: 726
Including Family: 1,062

Out of the above,

Visas issued: 570 - from 402 CN.
AP: 77 - (47 CN)
Visas refused: 114 - (80 CN)
Ready: 301 (197 CN)

This means that 761 people went to the embassy for processing out of the 1,062 that were expected to show. The success rate (Visas issued to those interviewed) is 74.9%. The ones in AP could go either way.

28.3% of visas available were not used during that period (stuck at 'ready'). This could mean that maybe the selectees postponed their interviews or decided not to pursue their cases altogether. IMO, it could be the reason for the big jumps we've seen for Ethiopia's numbers, since they have a lot of visas available that are not being used.

There are 453 visas that are 'Ready' for February, which means there are 307 CNs between 13,000 and 19,000.

Notice that in the first 4 months, there were 726 CNs, but just in February, almost half that number will be up for interviews. So either it means that Ethiopia's CNs are concentrated above 13,000 (as opposed to some countries where numbers are concentrated towards the smaller end), or it could mean that the shutdown last November really made Ethiopia's progression lag much more than expected so the embassy will be swamped with interviews moving forward.

So that's the analysis I did. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.