• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All dv winners with EU CN 3x,xxx to 39,999 it's our time will we make it?

I called KCC in order to know what embassy is the nearest from New Caledonia (I am trying to change my interview location). And when I told her all the information in order to check my files, she just told me that. This is very serious, not kidding. She said there is a strong chance I will be current next month. Maybe she is wrong but this is exactly what she said. And It came from her, I didn't ask anything about visa bulletin. Just wanted to let you know !

Perfect :) Thank you Farma for sharing this info with us... I wish you all the best, looking forward to hear good news from you, I'm right behind you with EU363XX :D

Because of the second-holes I came up with a new theory! Which I will post soon on sloner axiom.
Its about the same what you just said! its just bit more elaborated, whith a board of the recend and the old data combined.

I know sloner will jump to the roof of happiness! And simon will pull his hair :)

LOL - hey if you can figure out a way that everyone who wants one gets a visa this year I will be a happy man!

I called KCC in order to know what embassy is the nearest from New Caledonia (I am trying to change my interview location). And when I told her all the information in order to check my files, she just told me that. This is very serious, not kidding. She said there is a strong chance I will be current next month. Maybe she is wrong but this is exactly what she said. And It came from her, I didn't ask anything about visa bulletin. Just wanted to let you know !

There is a big leap of faith to get from "strong probability" which is what you first quoted her as saying, to saying "will show at least 357XX". Everyone needs to understand that the information about VBs is not even decided until early each month - so what someone says to someone who then recounts that information here is not really to be relied on. Having said that, as I have already said, I do think another 5k for EU is possible....

Is it ok not to mail anything to KCC until I become current?
My number is EU38XXX and I plan on doing AOS.
As I understand it from reading this forum, I could wait until the number becomes current (possibly July) and then mail the form DSP-122 to KCC.

Reason is first I want to make sure my number actually becomes current by at least July and I have a shot at getting the interview by September, and second I don't want to jeopardize my future non-immigrant visas.
Related reason is that I'm going through the PERM process (GC through employer) and waiting for the audit to complete (hopefully by May), then if that's successful, will have to decide which route to go I guess since I probably can't have multiple I-485s at the same time.

As I understand it from reading this forum, I could wait until the number becomes current (possibly July) and then mail the form DSP-122 to KCC.

Reason is first I want to make sure my number actually becomes current by at least July and I have a shot at getting the interview by September, and second I don't want to jeopardize my future non-immigrant visas.
Related reason is that I'm going through the PERM process (GC through employer) and waiting for the audit to complete (hopefully by May), then if that's successful, will have to decide which route to go I guess since I probably can't have multiple I-485s at the same time.

You could wait, but you will be creating a delay and risk.

When you send the 122 form to KCC they will take some time to respond - possibly a few weeks. I'm not sure that is a good idea in itself, but then once you send that, you then have to pay the fee (paid online) then do the medicals and send in your aos pack to Chicago lockbox. Once you have sent that in, there is a delay of around 60 days before you get your interview - SO if you start all that in July, you will probably not be giving yourself enough time to do everything before the end of September or when the visas run out (which could be sooner).

I think you need to make the decision about the DV or PERM process. As it is, if you do get current in July, and you send forms as soon as possible (mid/late May or June 1st) you are still going to be holding your breath to get it all done in time.

Not sure where you got that information from, but you absolutely CAN have multiple I-485 applications in the system at the same time. Nothing wrong with having a DV based and employment based I-485 applications in the system, the processing time for both are not the same.

You could wait, but you will be creating a delay and risk.

When you send the 122 form to KCC they will take some time to respond - possibly a few weeks. I'm not sure that is a good idea in itself, but then once you send that, you then have to pay the fee (paid online) then do the medicals and send in your aos pack to Chicago lockbox. Once you have sent that in, there is a delay of around 60 days before you get your interview - SO if you start all that in July, you will probably not be giving yourself enough time to do everything before the end of September or when the visas run out (which could be sooner).

I think you need to make the decision about the DV or PERM process. As it is, if you do get current in July, and you send forms as soon as possible (mid/late May or June 1st) you are still going to be holding your breath to get it all done in time.

Hmmn! hey Simon, did you make your DV administrative fee online? Not quite certain that is possible or is this something new?

Thanks guys, yeah I meant that I will start the process once my number becomes current in the advanced notification (possibly in May bulletin).
Did not know about a possibility of having multiple 485s, thanks, that would make it simpler for me.

I recall reading in one of the posts on this forum that it is possible to send a DV-based I-485 without the 2NL from KCC and just bring that to the interview.

So the timeline could be to file I-485 in May (if numbers are current in the advanced section) and file DSP-122 at the same time, then bring KCC's confirmation letter to the interview.

Basically I'm trying to avoid having a denied I-485 on my record, just because numbers became current too late.

I totally agree with you.
I called them to change our interview location and the officer said you will get a interview date on august.
CN400XX.
Perfect :) Thank you Farma for sharing this info with us... I wish you all the best, looking forward to hear good news from you, I'm right behind you with EU363XX :D

Hello.

My CN is 360** and I hope to get my interview in June.I belive in next month.

I'm waiting...

What is your forecast for June?
I hope more 360** ... I think around 35-36 ... :(

I think it all depends on the uptake during march I think that previous years there has been a slow down around June July. But I think that 35K or so would be possible. But look at the other years 33k could also happen.

It may sound like a wishful thinking but I believe at the end we (30K numbers) will have a chance to take interview.
It is just a matter of time now.

It may sound like a wishful thinking but I believe at the end we (30K numbers) will have a chance to take interview.
It is just a matter of time now.

I am quite confident too. May kicks off the 30 k cohort and there are 4 months left to cover a space of 9000 or so cn.