After the Aug Bull....Is still Ameriaca the Best

proof is in the pudding

Folks, one more time it has been proved that some folks here cannot see beyond the pond. Eddie D had a varied perspective. Instead of debate or discussion, some people have overtly asked him to go with bad language and disgusting posts. That shows the "echo chamber" mentality guys. It is too bad that there are no standards for language and/or behavior on this forum.

What's with all the vulgar insults towards eddie_d? :confused: Is it so difficult to debate his opinion rather than the individual? SHEESH!! :eek:

blingdling said:
Folks, one more time it has been proved that some folks here cannot see beyond the pond. Eddie D had a varied perspective. Instead of debate or discussion, some people have overtly asked him to go with bad language and disgusting posts. That shows the "echo chamber" mentality guys. It is too bad that there are no standards for language and/or behavior on this forum.

This is what I am referring to in my post :rolleyes:
I hope "they" recognize that each and every mean spirited jab "they" take at eddie_d is a reflection of the agony they must feel with each passing day of waiting for the damn greencard :(

it would certainly help to have age/sex/loc next to the screen name like aol or yahoo. this would help us to decide in responding to certain posts. i think mean posters are not really bothered about greencard, such posting could be because of their age, sex or other common factors.

I agree with eddie_d but..

He should not blame only Indians for doctoring the resumes. Everyone is doing this. I am on H1 B and every time I change my project my parent company(American Consulting firm) is modifying my resume as per the cleints requirements. And I think there is nothing wrong in that If I am capable enough to fulfull clients requiement. And in today's market you can not survive with high polished fake resume. You should be really good in what you are representing.I am also working with so many non-indian IT folks and they are so pathetic that I have to give them in written what they have to do in present or next task. It doesn't mean that I blame whole community. Indians are very hard working people, they dont want to work for whole life in Motel, McDonald, Burger King etc. If all Indians are fake , there should not be any outsourcing to India. But each every job is going India now a days. S

So eddie_d think before what you say.

msukid

God! I'm an idiot!

I have 5 years of experience, I work a lot! But I can't get back to my work now as I don't know how to close this window here, so I asked my citizen boss, he said hit alt+f4, I typed alt then F and number 4. My citizen boss who makes much more than me shook his head in disgust and gave me a project to figure out how to press alt+f4, as I was not creative I couldn't come up with a solution.

I went to an another h1b guy and he was smart enough to find a way, he typed alt+f4 copied it to clipboard and asked me to go back to my terminal and paste it in the window, I pasted it (I know how to paste! a citizen kid showed it to me) and I got this in my message

"You can't paste something that was copied on a different terminal you h1b moron! P.S. Don't be so proud of yourself, the other H1b idiot is also a moron and an idiot! I am not saying all the H1bs are idiots, may be 50% or hmm... 50.2%"

I was patronized, humiliated and was so angry, my citizen boss being so keen and observant came over to console me and said "hey, you are an idiot! You can't take a different opinion? I hate you! But I will still keep you though, because you are cheap. I know I cannot get my work done, but hey work is not important any more, saving money is. A dollar saved is a dollar earned. Here let me show how to post this message and close the window"
Click...

blingdling said:

Ooh...aah...ouch....where were all you guys when eddie_d was deriding Indians of being dishonest, morons, clowns in several of his previous posts? I'm pretty sure DeepPurple must have been deeply hurt to reply the way he did and that too for his spelling and grammar.

C'mon let's not be biased in our reaction. I personally reached break point because he was running around like a maverick in a bunch of threads and abusing Indian H1Bs many different ways. What sort of an impression will other nationality folks have about us. All things considered they could even be further debated in some of their private forums or closed meetings.

We all welcome perspective variety but it has to be from a balanced individual. Like many others, I could clearly see through eddie_d from the nature of his posts and that's why I decided to switch from a silent viewer to active participant.

Thoughts...

pipedream said:
I have 5 years of experience, I work a lot! But I can't get back to my work now as I don't know how to close this window here, so I asked my citizen boss, he said hit alt+f4, I typed alt then F and number 4. My citizen boss who makes much more than me shook his head in disgust and gave me a project to figure out how to press alt+f4, as I was not creative I couldn't come up with a solution.

I went to an another h1b guy and he was smart enough to find a way, he typed alt+f4 copied it to clipboard and asked me to go back to my terminal and paste it in the window, I pasted it (I know how to paste! a citizen kid showed it to me) and I got this in my message

:D :D :D Made my Friday !!

Last edited by a moderator:
pipedream.......that was awesome man.......you should seriously think about comedy writing (i hope the word is "satarism")

to all other eddie_d haters.....i am really surprised that you have not met serioud resume fudgers......or you have not met people who got fake degree certificates and claimed fake experience and took IT jobs......it happened a lot during y2k....and i am sure it must be happening now...

i know quite a few success stories of people who used fake everthing but are doing well now....because they could adapt and they were smart enough....

but i am still surprised that so many fake guys met eddie_d......because even the fake guys are smart and they usually do not take the risk of getting a job only to get fired......that part of eddie's stories somehow does not sound right.

no need to be smug, guys! the same jobs will go to other countries for the cost advantage.
not suggesting all Indians are fake, but cost advantage is one of the key determinants.

msukid said:
If all Indians are fake , there should not be any outsourcing to India. But each every job is going India now a days. S

So eddie_d think before what you say.

msukid

techy2468 said:
pipedream.......that was awesome man.......you should seriously think about comedy writing (i hope the word is "satarism")

to all other eddie_d haters.....i am really surprised that you have not met serioud resume fudgers......or you have not met people who got fake degree certificates and claimed fake experience and took IT jobs......it happened a lot during y2k....and i am sure it must be happening now...

i know quite a few success stories of people who used fake everthing but are doing well now....because they could adapt and they were smart enough....

but i am still surprised that so many fake guys met eddie_d......because even the fake guys are smart and they usually do not take the risk of getting a job only to get fired......that part of eddie's stories somehow does not sound right.

Well, personally I'm glad you've turned the corner and have started to rationalize on ridiculous posts.

No 'Hate eddie_d' slogans being said here. What's not being tolerated is the eddie attitude and to a large extent it was being fueled by some 'woe be me', 'I'm only average' posts and fans bantering about eddie has a different perspective. If it was eddie, techy and anybody in particular then the so called haters would be bashing them up in all their posts. So far eddie_d has made 140+ posts, but he is being admonished (to express warning or disapproval to especially in a gentle, earnest, or solicitous manner) for only those that are insane. When he turned more abusive and forceful on his opinions, the heat had to be turned up on him as well. So in fair play, no playing injured innnocent...

I can say from my personal experience in IT for almost 13 years and since last almost 8 in the US, there is a lot of resume padding (80-90%), significant resume fudging (40-50%) and noticeable resume doctoring (25%). This applies to all nationalities working in IT and Indians being the overwhelming majority they seem high numerically. In a recent project last year, due to lack of a US internal resource we had to bring in a Canadian functional expert (stated on his resume) and in a few weeks we realized it was his first gig in the domain. We lost money and had to put in more to catch up with bringing on a real expert through contract. This happened in one of the top notch international firms recognized by anyone in IT. I cannot therefore conclude/prototype all or most Canadians to be the same.

I can refer to so many such personal experiences from all my projects where I've played programmer, lead, architect, PM and it is prevalent in all levels/all nationalities. Not all fruits from the same tree are good, while some are sweet some are sour, some go bad and collectively we are happy as long as we make a profit. Likewise in a project.

Finally, eddie is welcome to post anytime as long as he is non abusive, balanced and provide some great insights with a different perspective and this is my personal opinion. Request the forum to post their stand on this...

Y'all have a good weekend...

I know all bluechips like Intel, Applied Materials, Verizon... run background checks for all the different addresses a person lived for last 6 years or so. If anyone says that he has worked in XYZ company in his resume and his address history does not match, the recruiter would not supply such a resume to the company. This process is strictly followed to hire contractors and employees. All these blue chips still employ LOT of H1Bs. Once resume is submitted, skills would be tested in technical inteviews. Its not very easy to fake all the time.

indian_gc_ocean said:
I know all bluechips like Intel, Applied Materials, Verizon... run background checks for all the different addresses a person lived for last 6 years or so. If anyone says that he has worked in XYZ company in his resume and his address history does not match, the recruiter would not supply such a resume to the company. This process is strictly followed to hire contractors and employees. All these blue chips still employ LOT of H1Bs. Once resume is submitted, skills would be tested in technical inteviews. Its not very easy to fake all the time.

Is pumping up same as faking. I worked for a company A, what I did there is 1,2,3. If I say on my resume that at A, I did 1,2,3,4,5,6, then does that qualify as faking? I'd say it is pumping up and 99% of the people in IT type jobs do it.

GreenCardVirus said:
Is pumping up same as faking. I worked for a company A, what I did there is 1,2,3. If I say on my resume that at A, I did 1,2,3,4,5,6, then does that qualify as faking? I'd say it is pumping up and 99% of the people in IT type jobs do it.
yes, thats why we have tech interviews. its to the candidate to live up to the pumping based on the intelligence of the interviewer.
My point is, its very difficult to find some utterly nonsensical resumes like eddie_d mentioned. Going by the facts I mentioned, its not that common to encounter so many dumb H1s.

legendary eddie

Eddie lives long after he is gone! one pebble in the pond - many many ripples. Or shall we say one earthquake and many tsunamis? :)

indian_gc_ocean, you are right. The hiring process is pretty detail and extensive but this was a Canadian hire and I do not know where the breach in the wall was. It proved to be a costly mistake for us.

GreenCardVirus, faking is the general term and applies to anything that is not true.

Let's say you have really done 1,2,3,4 at clients ABC, DEF and GHI.
#1 -> Absolutely honest - 1,2 at ABC, 1,3 at DEF and 1,2,4 at GHI
#2 -> Resume padding - 1,2,3 at ABC, 1,2,3,4 at DEF and 1,2,3,4,5,6 at GHI where 5,6 are in some way related to 1,2,3,4
#3 -> Resume fudging - #1 or #2, plus 3,4,5 at JKL, 4,5,6 at MNO
#4 -> Resume doctoring - making you a whole different animal when previous skills lose value and new skills need to be included.

Is the list complete, I am not sure...

Look, I'm not defending eddie_d in anyway, but where I'm from , speaking your mind implies bravely standing up for well-reasoned POSITIONS, not blurting out vulgar attacks on those you don't agree with :D

blingdling said:
Eddie lives long after he is gone! one pebble in the pond - many many ripples. Or shall we say one earthquake and many tsunamis? :)
actually, my first posting was not about the person eddie_d, more relevant latest posts in the thread. does not matter, nothing much has changed since the time we felt bad about some personal postings in the morning.

envision, as for your statement I fully agree with. But I think you fell for eddie's deft side stepping on taking up the right challenges. Whenever he was cornered by some smart arguments he would cleverly side-step and pick on their language skills, nationality, so on and flung a stone on DeepPurple's english skills. DP's first lesson was understandable but maybe the second was not warranted and seemed like a death-blow.

blingdling, I'm so sad to see eddie_d leave without countering any of my arguments/challenge. Hope he returns in a better, tolerant and more humane 'avatar'.

So long eddie_d...