*** After 140 approval & Before case sent to consulate

Valentine Day gift from NVC

My p3 got reviewd today(02/14)/. Just 10 days after entry in NVC systems.Way to go NVC..keep it up....

I got the details in AVM which says next process takes 8 weeks.I beleive it is sending the p3 to Chennai consulate.Further it asks to call if the next stage is not done after 8 weeks.

Details:

sent p3 on 01/24
p3 entry by nvc on 02/04
p3 review complete by nvc on 02/14

Sri-il

ps: this is the only time I was lucky when compared to LC,140 etc.

All the best for rest of the guys.

Congrats....

Sri-IL,

Congratulations on your P3 review completion. Let see how much time does NVC really take to forward the case to US Consulates. I guess you are a Chennai or Mumbai candidate.

Thanks & Good Luck.

thanks cpdelhi

From the post of DAX, it is taking around 9 days to forward case to consulates.(I mean his exxample).feb4th to feb 13th.

we will see the time frame for our cases.

all the best for rest of pending cases
sri-il

Review Complete

My Review is also complete in 10 days.

P3 sent - 1/21
P3 entered into system - 2/4
Review complete - 2/14

bjajal

I-140 approved on 9 Jan, case not created at NVC

My I -140 was approved 9 Jan 03, I am checking NVC automated voice response entering my EAC number but till today I am getting a message no records found.

My INS center was VSC, is anybody have faced somilar situation? What should I do?

Thanks

It may take some time to get through, but try and talk to an
operator at NVC. If they confirm what the system says, then
try to contact INS through your Attorney.

Raju

Re: I-140 approved on 9 Jan, case not created at NVC

Originally posted by abihitesh
My I -140 was approved 9 Jan 03, I am checking NVC automated voice response entering my EAC number but till today I am getting a message no records found.

My INS center was VSC, is anybody have faced somilar situation? What should I do?

Thanks

abihitesh,

It took over 6 weeks to reach NVC for my friend. So don't be too worried now.

how long does it take for the $335 money order we send to the nvc to be encashed.I had sent the money order on jan 30th by express mail and it has not been encashed still?

Re: Congrats Sri-IL

Originally posted by spp2000
Congrats!!! How many dependants do you have ? Does it really matter!!!

Thanks
SPP2000,

I have 2 dependents. I dont think it will matter at all in review process.

Sri

Check encashment

Normally 15 to 20 days.

In my case it took 22 days from the day they received it.

Raju

fee bill encashment

Originally posted by Bhagawati
how long does it take for the $335 money order we send to the nvc to be encashed.I had sent the money order on jan 30th by express mail and it has not been encashed still?
roughly 3-6 weeks for the whole process before u get p3. for fee bill encashment it is approx 10-15 working days.

Fee Bill Sent today!

Just to keep track (as cptracker.com is down and out I presume)

I-824 Approved: 10/31/2002
Case Entered in NVC: 11/09/2002
Got married: 11/26/2002
Added Spouse: 12/24/2002
New Fill bill generated: 12/31/2002
Fee bill lost in the mail: 01/15/2003
Fee bill regenerated: 01/26/2003
Fee bill mailed from NVC: 02/03/2003
Fee bill received by me: 02/18/2003
Fees & bill sent to St. Louis: 02/18/2003
(usps overnight express mail)

Center: NSC
Consulate: Chennai
Category: EB2 (Employement)

If anybody else in the same category, please send in your info.

NVC check cleared?

Hi, I wanted to know how do you confirm that the cahiers check that you send to "Dept of States" ($335) has been cleared by NVC?

Also, can I get my case details from NVC over the phone if I only know my case number a BMB-XXXX .. number? I do not have I-140 Receipt number as my company / attorney has not disclosed that to me.

Thanks,

Re: NVC check cleared?

Originally posted by jpsecorp
Hi, I wanted to know how do you confirm that the cahiers check that you send to "Dept of States" ($335) has been cleared by NVC?

One easy way is to check with your bank whether your (Cashier's) check has been cleared.

The other alternative is to call NVC to check on the status which would let you know if the bill has been received.

Also, can I get my case details from NVC over the phone if I only know my case number a BMB-XXXX .. number? I do not have I-140 Receipt number as my company / attorney has not disclosed that to me.

Either your INS Receipt # (I-140) or your NVC Case # is enough to check on your case.

Thanks,

Hope this helps.

NVC St. Louis PO Box belongs to US BANK?

Guys,

I had sent the fee bill to NVC through express mail. The recipt says that it was received by Mr. xxxx at US BANK. The zip code is the same as the National Visa Center St. Louis.

Let me check 2 things with people who have already sent their fee bill to NVC St. Louis.

1. The address: Is this is address correct?
National Visa Center
PO Box 952201
St. Louis, MO 63195-2201

2. Delivery Confirmation: If you had been tracking the delivery did you something like this?

Your item was delivered at 11:30 am on February 19, 2003 in SAINT LOUIS, MO 63195 to US BANK 63195. The item was signed for by Mr. xxxxx.

I called up the post office (from where I had sent the documents) just now. They had called up the office out there at St. Louis and said that usually papers for passport/Visa would be delivered to a post box (often called as a collection box). The mails usually would be handled by the bank where the INS/NVC holds an account. The bank gets the mail and deposits the check and forwards the paper work to NVC/INS.

Was this the case with guys who have already sent in their fee bill for NVC? If it's not the case I'll have to call up my post office to do corrective measures.

Replies are appreciated very much. Thanks.

I already had posted this message in another thread (http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74550 ). Sorry to repost it again here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: NVC St. Louis PO Box belongs to US BANK?

bvganesh,

dont worry too much and dont take any hasty actions. The info what you got is great for other cpers( i THINK NOBODY KNOWS HOW IT WORKD TILL NOW). But, It should be the same method WHAT YOU SAID USED BY Nvc. WAIT TILL 15 BUSINESS DAYS FOR YOUR CHECK COLLECTION. iF IT IS NOT HAPPENING, THEN CALL NVC...

ONCE AGAIN, DONT BE HASTE. THEY HAVE A SYSTEMS IN PLACE. LET THE SYSTEM DO THE WORK.

SRI

Originally posted by bvganesh
Guys,

I had sent the fee bill to NVC through express mail. The recipt says that it was received by Mr. xxxx at US BANK. The zip code is the same as the National Visa Center St. Louis.

Let me check 2 things with people who have already sent their fee bill to NVC St. Louis.

1. The address: Is this is address correct?
National Visa Center
PO Box 952201
St. Louis, MO 63195-2201

2. Delivery Confirmation: If you had been tracking the delivery did you something like this?

Your item was delivered at 11:30 am on February 19, 2003 in SAINT LOUIS, MO 63195 to US BANK 63195. The item was signed for by Mr. xxxxx.

I called up the post office (from where I had sent the documents) just now. They had called up the office out there at St. Louis and said that usually papers for passport/Visa would be delivered to a post box (often called as a collection box). The mails usually would be handled by the bank where the INS/NVC holds an account. The bank gets the mail and deposits the check and forwards the paper work to NVC/INS.

Was this the case with guys who have already sent in their fee bill for NVC? If it's not the case I'll have to call up my post office to do corrective measures.

Replies are appreciated very much. Thanks.

I already had posted this message in another thread (http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74550 ). Sorry to repost it again here.

Re: Re: NVC St. Louis PO Box belongs to US BANK?

Originally posted by sri-IL
bvganesh,

dont worry too much and dont take any hasty actions. The info what you got is great for other cpers( i THINK NOBODY KNOWS HOW IT WORKD TILL NOW). But, It should be the same method WHAT YOU SAID USED BY Nvc. WAIT TILL 15 BUSINESS DAYS FOR YOUR CHECK COLLECTION. iF IT IS NOT HAPPENING, THEN CALL NVC...

ONCE AGAIN, DONT BE HASTE. THEY HAVE A SYSTEMS IN PLACE. LET THE SYSTEM DO THE WORK.

SRI

Thanks Sri-IL,

I am not planning to take any action for now. I had lost the NVC Bill in mail twice before. So, I am getting used to the USPS these days.

Just being curious, did you send you fee bill to NVC (St. Louis) via USPS? (express mail in perticular). If you how were you tracking? If not how did you send your fee bill?

Thanks for the update though.

After tracking the mail, I was surprised to see that the mail was delievered to US Bank instead of National Visa Center. Hence I called up the post office to verify the same. That's how I got the info I had posted earlier. If that's the way things are supposedly done then my posting eliminates one possible 'heart-beat-skip' for other CPers.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

bvganesh,

What you are seeing is exactly right.

The cover containing the fee is actually collected by the bankers from the St.Louis main post office. The banker intimates the NVC after they encash the instrument.

You are forced to use USPS because this is a PO Box.

Raju

Originally posted by Raju595
bvganesh,

What you are seeing is exactly right.

The cover containing the fee is actually collected by the bankers from the St.Louis main post office. The banker intimates the NVC after they encash the instrument.

You are forced to use USPS because this is a PO Box.

Raju

Thanks a bunch Raju. That helps a lot.

Cheers,
Ganesh