*** After 140 approval & Before case sent to consulate

PAN

PAN is the Permanent Account Number allocated by Income Tax
Department in India, for assessees.

Generally non-residents are exempt from production of Income tax
clearance certificate, particularly when they were not earning any
income in India, in the prior assessment years.

This should not be an issue for returning non-residents.

The clearance certificate is asked of those who are coming over for the first time on US visas.

II)

I am not sure whether the benefits and perks can be shown as part of the salary mentioned in the LC or the LCA.

Though not a big issue in the LC, because, they can say that
they will pay the specified amount after attaining the Immigrant status, this could be with the LCA, because the INS expects the company to be paying the salary mentioned in the LCA.

Need more input on this...........

Raju

W2 Q

Thanks v much cpdelhi & raju. Clearly the LC should not be a problem since it indicates future salary, but what abt the LCA?

Any suggestions? I was banking on suggesting that benefits add up to the mentioned salary. I am holding onto P3 before resolving this.

Do not worry, I will not say,

aB GoLi KHa..........

I am trying to assess the risk with regard to disparity between the W2 and the LCA salary.

My initial observation would be the chances of the Consulate
noticing the difference between the LCA salary figure and the
W2s are slim.

I would say, you need not worry about this, and this problem is the same whether you go for CP or AOS.

But, let us see, whether anyone has first hand experience about this.

Raju

Venkat_san,

PAN number i.e Permanent Account Number is similar to SSN here in USA. PAN is started by Income Tax department to track tax payments.

Even before this budget getting tax clearance certificate was mandatory if you were leaving India - BUt in case you have no income in India or have stayed less than 180 days in India ( This can be shown by arrival & departure stamps on Passport ) you don't have to pay taxes and hence don't have to show any tax clearance certificates.

I go to India every year - only first time when I left India I was asked for the TCC but after that I have never been asked for same.

I don't think this will be a big hurdle at airport if you don't have any income in India.

Hope this helps

I-824

Hi all,

Just got my i-140 approved after 2 RFE's. Whooof!.

Need some advise on whether to file i-824 to change from AOS to CP.

Anybody any idea on the timeframe it takes for i-824 to get accepted/approved?
Also, any estimate on the entire process from filing 824 to getting an interview?

Thanks much!

Re: marriage certificate

Hi, all,

My case has been created by Mar 10 2003. I would like to send the CP application fee to lawyer first to avoid delay. I know the fee is $335.- But what title should I write to pay fee?

I am planning to get married in June. My laywer told me that he will write letter to consular to inform fact of marriage when my case sent to AIT (consular in Taiwan). Then my spouse can come to interview with me as same time. But he says that time will delay at most 1 month. He also inform that risk for denial case is little but process is not going to be smoothy. I would like consult any one with same situation. Please sharing your experience.

Thanks!

mlin144

Re: I-824

Originally posted by i140limbo
Hi all,

Also, any estimate on the entire process from filing 824 to getting an interview?

Thanks much!

Which consular post you belong to??? If u belong to INdia and in mumbai/delhi consular districts, u can do Ac140 which is very fast and you need not wait till 824 gets approved.

post your consulate details and check whetehr they can accept ac140 cases.
sri-il

Re: Re: marriage certificate

Originally posted by mlin144
Hi, all,

My case has been created by Mar 10 2003. I would like to send the CP application fee to lawyer first to avoid delay. I know the fee is $335.- But what title should I write to pay fee?

In favor of " Department of State " for $ 335/person, You have to write the case number in the memo line at the bottom, u can also print the benefeciary name( your name).

I am planning to get married in June. My laywer told me that he will write letter to consular to inform fact of marriage when my case sent to AIT (consular in Taiwan). Then my spouse can come to interview with me as same time. But he says that time will delay at most 1 month. He also inform that risk for denial case is little but process is not going to be smoothy. I would like consult any one with same situation. Please sharing your experience.
If your case is in consulate in taiwan and your marraige gets done before the interview date is anbnounced, you can send your marraige details with your case number to the consulate , so that they can organise interview together. Sometimes there will be adelay of 1-2 months for her interview. It depends on the situation at consulate.

Nothing to worry. Dont inform anything to NVC at this time, it will only delay your case. Let the case go to us consulate in taiwan and you can club both marraige and Immigration interview.

All the best.

Sri-il

Thanks!

mlin144

RE: marriage certificate

Sri-il,

Thanks for your information. My lawyer suggests me to provide marriage certificate while filing CP application fee. Then I have to pay 2 people application fee. He says that is normal way to avoid further delay. However, our schedule of marriage is expected to be June. Then, he advises me to submit marriage certificate while my case is transfering back to Taiwan consular, but it will have at most 1 month delay. Do you think if I submit marriage certificate while filing application fee, is it sure to avoice any delay?

If your case is in consulate in taiwan and your marraige gets done before the interview date is anbnounced, you can send your marraige details with your case number to the consulate , so that they can organise interview together.

As my understanding, my case will be automated transfer from NVC to consular. When to send my spouse and marriage detail to consular? When is his fee to be send out? Is it after my case has been received by consular or right after NVC sent out my case to consular?

Thanks!

mlin144

No such cut off date at cosulate

Originally posted by Bhagawati
I hear there is a cut off date for applications received at the consulate and interviews are announced based on that.
There is no one cut off date of receiveing the application that will be scheduled for interview in coming months. 20th of each month is a pretty safe date per the statistics. The interviews are scheduled on the available visa quota. The interview date for individuals are not scheduled on one auspicious day but are done as the cases are received at the US Consulate. The cut off date is the day the quota for the specific month is complete.

So is it enough if my packet 3 reaches chennai before 20th or it has to be entered by the consulate before the 20th.
The packet 3 should be in the US Consulate system before any action can be taken. Just for example, if an individuals packet 3 reaches the US consulate on 2nd of a month and for some reason it is entered into the US Consualte system on 26th of the month, then 26th will be the baseline date on which the individual interview date wil be made and not 2nd of the month.

20th of the month is the date generated from statistics and US consulate doesn't recognize that as the cut off date. Depending on the circumstances, the cut off date could be 16 or 26 of the month.

In my case if my packet 3 reaches NVC on March 13th, adding 37 days to it takes me to April 18th which is Good Friday which is a holiday in India and april 19th and 20th are weekend holidays.
Bhagwati, you are spending too much of your efforts to time NVC progress. All the time periods for any phase of the CP process should only be used as guide line and not to forecast specific dates in future.

I see from the cases of you and a few others it has taken exactly 37 days to reach the packet 3 entered by the consulate milestone.
There is nothing as 37 days for NVC to process packet 3. There has been other cases where its more than 70 days the case is in NVC and there is no information about the status of the case. It doesn't happen very often but it has happened in past.

So do you think if things move at the present pace my case has chances of being considered for June interview?
Yes, if the case move at the same pace, you can expect an interview date in June/July of 2003.

Thanks for suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: RE: marriage certificate

Originally posted by mlin144
Sri-il,

Thanks for your information. My lawyer suggests me to provide marriage certificate while filing CP application fee. Then I have to pay 2 people application fee.

You wil have to pay the fee for 2 individuals at some time or other. So it should not be the cuase of concern.

He says that is normal way to avoid further delay. However, our schedule of marriage is expected to be June.
Congartulations and Good luck for your marriage.

Then, he advises me to submit marriage certificate while my case is transfering back to Taiwan consular, but it will have at most 1 month delay.
What your attorney said is true.

Do you think if I submit marriage certificate while filing application fee, is it sure to avoice any delay?
I am not sure how you will be able to submit the marriage certificate before your marraige in June. If you can get married earlier then you should be able to submit the marriage certificate.

If your case is in consulate in taiwan and your marraige gets done before the interview date is announced, you can send your marraige details with your case number to the consulate , so that they can organise interview together.
It might be possible to get interview date together but it not a guarantee.

As my understanding, my case will be automated transfer from NVC to consular. When to send my spouse and marriage detail to consular?
As soon as you have your marriage certificate.

When is his fee to be send out? Is it after my case has been received by consular or right after NVC sent out my case to consular?
Don't worry to much about the fee. US consulate will accept the fee on the day of the interview also.

Thanks!

mlin144

Re: Re: RE: marriage certificate

Originally posted by cpDelhi
MIlin,

what cpdelhi said aptly apply to your case. dont worry to much abt fees.
As soon as u get married, get Marraige certificate. Then depending on the status of your case( say if it is US consulate in taiwan or NVC) send those details to respective place. But, if u send your details to NVC it is going to take extra time for scrutinising case, whereas in consulate it can be faster. My guess based on previous cases read in this portal.

all the best.
Sri-il

Re: No such cut off date at cosulate

Before the end of each month, each consulate sends a request to the "Visa Office" in Washington for the visa numbers they will need for the month after the next one. This is the protocol so that the Visa Office follows to administer the allotment of visa numbers within the various preference categories. This is a once-a-month request by the consulates, not a periodic one as is implied in the following. Typically this occurs on or around the 20th of the month, hence the cut-off date that many refer to.

Originally posted by cpDelhi

Thanks for your response Sri-IL.
I am from Mumbai originally and was planning to do my CP over there.
Do you know about the timeframe for AC140 in Mumbai? Or can you point me where I can find that information.
Also, is it true that AC140 is only for "special cases" or is available to anyone.

Thanks very much

==============================================

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,

Thanks much!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which consular post you belong to??? If u belong to INdia and in mumbai/delhi consular districts, u can do Ac140 which is very fast and you need not wait till 824 gets approved.

sri-il

Re: Re: I-824

I140 limbo,

you can do ac 140. pl read all mumbai interview threads as well as ac140 threads. I think there are 2-3 ac140 cases getting april interviews in mumbai.

From my knowledge ..procedure is like this.

1a) Your attorney may send a email to Mumbai consulate abt your ac140 request, for which he will get reply that they will accept your case, but you have to send the following forms .
1)during above email transactions, File I824 for changing AOS to CP option.
2) With I824 receipt, fill all ds 230 part 1 forms and OFf 169 forms etc, original 140 approval notice and other annexures( u can get all d tails in above threads), send all thru courier to mumbai consulate through your Attorney( thats why it is called attorney certified 140).
3) mumbai will create a case for you .
4) you will get interview in x+2 months.

all the best
sri-il

others may add comments.

Thanks for your response Sri-IL.
I am from Mumbai originally and was planning to do my CP over there.
Do you know about the timeframe for AC140 in Mumbai? Or can you point me where I can find that information.
Also, is it true that AC140 is only for "special cases" or is available to anyone.

Thanks very much

==============================================

quote:
Hi all,

Thanks much!

sri-il

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview date

Any body out there is aware of any specific interview documents from an Employer to carry other than the Employment letter from the employer

Re: Interview date

Originally posted by agw
Any body out there is aware of any specific interview documents from an Employer to carry other than the Employment letter from the employer

It will nice to have some info/brochures about your company which has details what company does. Secondly, financials of the company could be good supporting doc to prove the financial stability/strenght of the company. These are only optional docs which might be needed to substantiate any company related questions to you in the interview.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Re: why NVC receive DS3032 choice of agent form

Hi,

I just checked NVC AVM that "NVC has received DS3032 (choice of agent form) and will give further instruction within next few weeks. If you want to change agent, please send written request from beneficiary."

Does any one know why NVC has this kind of process. I check CP tracker that there is few people going through DS3032 (Choice of agent). My laywer moved and wrote letter to INS to change address while my case was still in I-140. Is it cause more process for my case? Or it is normal for everyone's case? Please inform.

How long will I receive request to send CP application fee from NVC?

mlin144

Question to bmh_in_oz ? How long did it take to get the Interview Date ?

Question to bmh_in_oz ?

How long did it take to get the Interview Date after Case
was sent to the Consulate ?
OR
How long does it take at other Consulates (In your case Sydney)?

==================================
EB2 NIW
Wife and 2 kids

CP Sydney

PD 9/28/2001
AD 9/18/2002
NVC RD 10/16/2002
Case created 10/21/2002
P3 created 12/13/2002
P3 sent 12/16/2002
P3 received 1/7/2003
P3 mailed 1/8/2003