*** After 140 approval & Before case sent to consulate

Re: Question to bmh_in_oz ? How long did it take to get the Interview Date ?

Originally posted by HariS
Question to bmh_in_oz ?

How long did it take to get the Interview Date after Case
was sent to the Consulate ?
OR
How long does it take at other Consulates (In your case Sydney)?

==================================
EB2 NIW
Wife and 2 kids

CP Sydney

PD 9/28/2001
AD 9/18/2002
NVC RD 10/16/2002
Case created 10/21/2002
P3 created 12/13/2002
P3 sent 12/16/2002
P3 received 1/7/2003
P3 mailed 1/8/2003
NVC enters P3 1/29/2003
Review completed 2/11/2003
Case sent to consulate 2/21/2003
========================================

HariS,

I faxed the consulate a week ago for interview date, but no reply yet. Sydney will not respond to specific cases via email or telephone only fax or mail.

I will let you know any details as soon as I have them.

Best of luck.

RE: change laywer

Hi,

NVC has received my case on Mar 04 and issue immigration fee on Mar 17. Right now I just noticed by company that they want to change my current laywer to company one to be easy to control all cases. My company is the merge case. Therefore, we still used our original lawyer before merge until now. I have no choice if it is company's decision. But I wonder how much affect will I have? Will it be long delay? I am still negotiating with company whether I can keep my current lawyer if I will be responsible for fee. But I doubt it works even I say so. Please share your experience if any one has same situation. Thanks!

mlin144

Re: RE: change laywer

Originally posted by mlin144
Hi,

NVC has received my case on Mar 04 and issue immigration fee on Mar 17. Right now I just noticed by company that they want to change my current laywer to company one to be easy to control all cases. My company is the merge case. Therefore, we still used our original lawyer before merge until now. I have no choice if it is company's decision. But I wonder how much affect will I have? Will it be long delay? I am still negotiating with company whether I can keep my current lawyer if I will be responsible for fee. But I doubt it works even I say so. Please share your experience if any one has same situation. Thanks!

mlin144

This can be done without much trouble. You(your new attorney) need to file a new Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or representative (Form G-28).

Since you have already received the fee bill, pay the fee to
St.Louis and at the same time send this form to NVC Portsmouth,NH and then follow up.

You should then receive the Packet 3 at your new Attorney's
office.

Thanks.
Raju

RE: change lawyer

Hi, Raju595,

Thanks for your prompt reply. But I have not received the fee from NVC yet. They just generate fee on Mar 17. They will send out for next 2-3 weeks. Our HR notices my current lawyer to provide all document within 5 days. It depends whether my current lawyer transfer NVC fee to new lawyer or not. Hopely it is yes.

So new lawyer need to nitice NVC by G-28 only not St Louis?

If there is not much trouble, then I will follow company policy to change lawyer which is not willing to see it happened :{

Even if you have not received the fee bill, chances are less that
you can make the NVC record the change in attorney right away and send the bill to the new attorney.

So, go ahead on the assumption that your old attorney would
receive the fee bill.

Let the fee go from the old attorney's office while putting in your
paper work for change of attorney.

I am assuming that you do not need to convey the change of
attorney to St.Louis office. But check!

Raju

Re: RE: change lawyer

Originally posted by mlin144
Hi, Raju595,

Thanks for your prompt reply. But I have not received the fee from NVC yet. They just generate fee on Mar 17. They will send out for next 2-3 weeks. Our HR notices my current lawyer to provide all document within 5 days. It depends whether my current lawyer transfer NVC fee to new lawyer or not. Hopely it is yes.

So new lawyer need to nitice NVC by G-28 only not St Louis?

If there is not much trouble, then I will follow company policy to change lawyer which is not willing to see it happened :{

Hi Mlin144,

I had the same issue. The fee bill was generated and was on the way to my attorney when I had decided to take the attorney of the case. I promptly intimated the NVC about the same and the regenerated the fee bill and sent it to me. So it shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

name check before interview in India?

Guys, a lot of people on China CP (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chinacp/) are talking about the name check the GZ consulate needs before they schedule an interview. Some of they have waited for more than 6 months! :mad: Is it required for consulates in India? Is this a consulate dependent (where you go for your CP) or nationality dependent (if you hold a Chinese passport vs others) or birth place dependent? :confused:

RJ