*** After 140 approval & Before case sent to consulate

packet 3 info

Friends,

Me too sailing in the same boat. My P3 was sent to NVC on 01/24/2003. Hopefully it reached them on 01/28 or 01/29 (worst case). Assuming NVC received my DS 230 forms on 01/28, what is the time frame for my Packet 3 info to be entered in NVC system?

Lets be in touch so that we can all communicate with each other.

Thanks,

Ramsi

ramsi_2000 ,

They say, it takes upto 2 weeks for the case to be entered in the system from the time NVC receives it. In my case it took 10 days.
So you can expect your case to be entered by 8th or 9th of Feb.

The guy at NVC told me, the average time for the review process is 6 to 8 weeks.

Raju

Thanks Raju for the info.

How do we know that our info is entered into NVC system? Is there a number to call? How did you know that your info was entered in 10 days?

Ramsi

Hope I hear the good news of my P3 review, this week. I'm already in the 7th week of my P3 review process, with not much complexity in the case. I just have one dependent (my wife) on my petition.

Is there anybody ahead of me ? Mine was entered into NVC system on 12.23.02.

Question:

How many days does it take for NVC to forward our documents/case to Mumbai Consulate, once the P3 review is complete ?

Cheers !!

Next record in NVC computer system

Originally posted by ramsi_2000
Thanks Raju for the info.

How do we know that our info is entered into NVC system? Is there a number to call? How did you know that your info was entered in 10 days?

Ramsi

Ramsi,

The next update your case will have on the NVC computer system is the day NVC admins enter the P3 info in their system. So just call them about 10 working days (Feb 11, 03) after your P3 reached NVC(Jan 28, 03). If your info is already entered NVC operator will tell you the date P3 info was entered or they will just ask you to call again. Henceforth you call NVC after every 3-4 working days have passed.

NVC Portsmouth phone number to call is the same old number: 603.334.0700

hate_tsc,

I am sure you will hear the good news very soon. May be couple of days longer. I know the longer it takes to process a step at INS/NVC, the higher is the anxiety level.

As per the posting of other individuals in the past, it took about 7 to 10 working days to send the P3 reviewed case to Mumbai Consulate.

Good Luck & Best Wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pkt-3 received

I got the Pkt-3 yesterday. Attorney is sending it back on Friday.

Pkt-3 was created on 01/20/03.
Pkt-3 received on 02/03/03.

cptracker.com is still down.

Thanks...

P3 data entered on FEb 4th

My p3 received on Jan 23rd at NVC. Operator said recieved some mail as per computer on feb 4th. revivew wil take 6-8 weeks.

When I asked specifically regarding RECEIVED MAIL - she said they cant tell whether the ds230 received or what recived...only thing is some mail recived on feb4th as per their computer and review takes place in 6-8 weeks...Anyhow we have sent ds230 only......

Anybody got this sort of vague reply......

Entry in NVC system

Sri-IL,

The fact that they are able to see the update means it has been logged in the system.

It looks like your packet 3 has been entered in the system
on Feb 4th. The next phase is the review.

Raju

My Packet 3 is entered into NVC system on 2/5/03. NVC operator told me today when I called. Packet 3 sent to NVC on 1/23/03. NVC received P3 on 1/24/03.

Thanks,
Puliraju :cool:

i just got a login id for this thread. It is indeed an excellent source of information. Keep it up guys!

I'm still a step behind - lawyer is going through all the paperwork to submit the P3.

CP TRacker is still not up! Anyone know why?

Anyone, dont know if its of too much use an longer as the processing times seem to have changed completely.

Initially, NVC was taking 10 days to review P3 and now I'm hearing 6 - 8 weeks!

SOrry to bother you guys, but since cptracker is down and as all of you have gone thru the process, can you pls tell me how long does the process take from the I-140 approval to the interview?

I am abt to file my 140 and not sure which route to go.

Thanks a tone for your suggestions...

As a rough estimate the process takes 6 to 8 months from the date of your I-140 approval.

CP process is difinitely the shorter route, but there are other
factors which you should consider before you make up your mind.

CP process expects you to hold your job till the end of the process. So, you should be very sure of the continuity of your
job, all through the process. Where as, under AOS you can
possibly take shelter under AC21. There are other issues like
travel to the Consular post and so on.

You will find lot of information on the forum about this subject.

Since you are still to file your I-140, if you opt for AOS , you can
get your EAD very fast with the concurrent filing rule.

Raju

case details

I-140 approved in Sep' 2nd week of 2002, it's under review by NVC. Expecting May interview. Total 9 months.. I should have opted for I-485.

Thanks,

Re: case details

Originally posted by getMyGcCp
I-140 approved in Sep' 2nd week of 2002, it's under review by NVC. Expecting May interview. Total 9 months.. I should have opted for I-485.

Thanks,

What makes you feel that AOS would have been the better route to get your LPR status faster?

When did your review start?

Be patient and you will have good time.

Thanks.

Case Details

My case was entered into NVC database on 02/05/03. Sent to NVC on 01/22/03. Hoping for May/Jun interview.
Any ideas about Iraq war ( Mar ? ) affecting the process / travel to India ?
spp2000, can you send mail to sampatns@yahoo.com. I am also from Columbus, Ohio. I am guessing we are from same company :)

Time between Form IV Bill and Packet 3 Receipt?

Could you guys tell me as to how long it took from the day you sent the IV fee bill and the day you received your packet 3?

Since cptracker.com is down I would really appreciate this help.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

PCC

If you live in chennai, is it enough if you get PCC from local police station (say, Inspector of Police)? or, do u have to get only from the district police station?
Thanks

Re: Time between Form IV Bill and Packet 3 Receipt?

Originally posted by bvganesh
Could you guys tell me as to how long it took from the day you sent the IV fee bill and the day you received your packet 3?

Since cptracker.com is down I would really appreciate this help.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

It's taking about 25 to 30 working days from the day an individual sends the payment to St. Louis and the day Packet 3 is received for the same case.

Thanks.

I opted for CP when I applied for my I-140 back in Sept'2002 as my project was in good shape at that time . I have not yet received my I-140 approval . Seeing todays sceneriao it seems like it may take another 2-3 months before I-140 is approved .
My project is not in very good shape now and my contract may be over in about 2 months . I will still be with the same company who filed my I-140 but with no salary ( showing me on leave without pay ) .
Can anyone tell me if that will create a problem when I go for Consular processing as I may be without salary ( in case I do not get a new project ) .Also do I require to go back to India till I get an interview call from the consular .
Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated .

Thanks,

Originally posted by indiatoamerica
I opted for CP when I applied for my I-140 back in Sept'2002 as my project was in good shape at that time . I have not yet received my I-140 approval . Seeing todays sceneriao it seems like it may take another 2-3 months before I-140 is approved .
My project is not in very good shape now and my contract may be over in about 2 months . I will still be with the same company who filed my I-140 but with no salary ( showing me on leave without pay ) .
Can anyone tell me if that will create a problem when I go for Consular processing as I may be without salary ( in case I do not get a new project ) .Also do I require to go back to India till I get an interview call from the consular .
Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated .

Thanks,

Here is my 2 cents. GC is for a 'FUTURE' job. If you were ever out of status then there could be possible problems if you take AOS. But CP technically should bother about your current employment, provided you have enough creditials that you "WOULD" be working for your employer ("Who filed the GC"). That's the reason why in CP a payslip is mostly optional.

Cheers,
Ganesh.