*** After 140 approval & Before case sent to consulate

IS DOB from consulate OK

Hi Friends

If anyboy has an exp or submitted DOB from consulate and it worked please post your reply.

I just have DOB from consulate and not from muncipality will it be a prob?

Thanks

Harit

:confused:

DS230-Part1

My attorney has filed Ds230part-1 and sent to NVC for further processing. No other documents has been sent with it. As per previous posting hope it takes 6 to 8 weeks before it goes to consulate. All others pls post your similar details.

Re: IS DOB from consulate OK

Originally posted by Windsorguy
Hi Friends

If anyboy has an exp or submitted DOB from consulate and it worked please post your reply.

I just have DOB from consulate and not from muncipality will it be a prob?

Thanks

Harit

:confused:

DOB from consulate will not work. If you are from India and have a registered birth, then you should get a certificate from the municipality. If your birth is not registered than you can get an affidavit as described in the following thread.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71399

Good Luck & Thanks.

How fast is CP?

Sri:-

How fast is consular processing in comparison with AOS and can you file AOS and CP simultaneously? Kindly let me know.

Re: How fast is CP?

pipladi,

average times as of present nature for cp is 6-8 months...after 140 approval to interview at consulate...... whereas AOS ,..i think 10 - 18 months....

you cant file aos & cp simulatneously.....

there are various ways to speedup the process depending upon your case, your consulate in your home country...like ac140.. u can have an interview in less than 4 months after 140 approval...... pl see www.immihelp.com to know about ac140..only few consulates accept this.... in india..bby and delhi accepts.

hope this helps..
sri

Originally posted by pipladi
Sri:-

How fast is consular processing in comparison with AOS and can you file AOS and CP simultaneously? Kindly let me know.

My Packet 3 reached NVC on Jan 23rd

HI folks,

My completed Packet 3 reached NVC just now at 10.30 am by Airborne express Overnight. The rate is very cheap since I used through Office max store( where there is coupon of $ 10). hence it came to $ 5 for overnight. I am passing this info to all so that people can save $ 10 for Airborne Courier through Office max.

My details are in cp tracker.com. Folks who have sent their cases to NVC try to key in all details in cptrcaker so that we can analyse ...the time gap between stages....... My lawyer got the forms and I made him overnight it to me. Since I was ready with all forms done wide Internet... I just added the bAr coded sheet and sent the same.

Folks.. . pl remember.
One more thing.. You have to write your case number on the Top right corner in all the forms or extra sheets you use when sending to NVC.

Hope I can get MAY interview If not APRIL.....

Sri

My and family's DS230 ( supposed to ) left yesterday atlast. I can not track the mail as they were handled by my attorney. I updated cptracker also.
I start calling NVC after a week or so.

Hi ,
My case was created on january 3rd,and the visa bill has been despatched by NVC the end of last week.When can I expect it to arrive at my attorney's office in Detroit.The representative at NVC says it takes two weeks to four weeks for the mail to reach its destination.Is that a general statement ?I wonder why mail should take so long to reach destination?

my fee bill reached to attorney in 7 days after that DS230part-1 reached in 13 days. I don't know why it takes such a long time in reaching from NH to MN.

nvc tell only rough estimate of mailing

But generally the mail time is at the max 3-4 days... the time mail sits in nvc mail room and our lawyers mail room is more than the transit time.

In my case my case created on nov 25th.....fee bills request created on dec 3rd, posted by nvc as per their date stamp on dec 6th. my lawyer got it on dec 9th and i got it on dec 11th...

In the case of ds 230 forms....my fee billamount collected on jan 7th, nvc created ds230 forms request on jan 13th, mailed the forms on jan 17th, received on jan 22nd........ i mailed back to nvc sameday and now it is with NVC>...

hope this helps....

sri

Originally posted by gcbol
my fee bill reached to attorney in 7 days after that DS230part-1 reached in 13 days. I don't know why it takes such a long time in reaching from NH to MN.

Packet 3

My packet 3 was mailed out to NVC on 17th Jan.
I expect, it would have been delivered on 21st or 22nd.

Packet 3 delivered on 1/17/03

Packet 3 (DS 230 Part 1) sent via FedEx on: Jan 16, 2003
Packet 3 received at NVC (signature confirmation available at FedEx.com): Jan 17, 2003

Thanks.

My packet 3 reached NVC on 1/23/03.
I have been following this forum for a long time, but I could not post a message due to login-password issues.
Thanks,
Puliraju

Pkt-3 delayed

I contacted NVC couple of times recently. They say they have sent the Pkt-3 on 20th Jan. As on date it has not reached the lawyer. NVC says it will take 2 to 4 weeks.

Is this normal ? I don't see any other place to follow up.

Any suggestion please.

Pkt-3 creation date

spp2000,

When you call NVC, the date given by them is the day Packet 3 was generated for your case. They don't give the day P3 was mailed to you, as even they don't know. NVC doesn't have a record of the day P3 is really mailed to you. It takes about 3 to 7 working days just to mail P3 after it has been generated.

Since only 6 working days have gone by from the day P3 was generated for your case, give it another 7 to 10 working days before you thinsk there might be a problem. There is no other way to track the packet other than wait + patience.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Update as of Jan 31, 03

My Packet 3 info has been entered in the NVC - Portmouth Computer system as of Jan 31, 03. Packet 3 was received by NVC on Jan 17, 03.

Now the wait for review completion begins.

Thanks.

Packet 3 entered in system

In my case the Packet 3 has been entered in the NVC system
on 31st Jan 2003.

NVC received the packet on 21st Jan.

Will update the cptracker when it is up.

Review begins now.

Raju

an update

My wife called NVC this morning to enquire case status and it's in the same place. p-3 keyed on Jan10th and waiting for review. I am expecting it will take on an avg. five weeks to get the review completed.

Thanks,