*** After 140 approval & Before case sent to consulate

I heard

I heard payslips, employment letter, w-2's are must. And it's always better to carry what they have asked for in p-4 and in the same order so that you can avoid suprises.
along with the above.. BC's, marriage certificate, marriage photos, avvidavit of support for dependents(i-134), I-140 approval notices, recipt of LC petition, copy's of i-140 & LC petitions, current & previous H1-b's, copy of current LCA(basis for current H1)
& copy of p-3 and P-4 + appointment letter
medical records, 3 immi styale photos, 3 passport size photos
& finally your passports.

Thanks,

Yes it's true

Yes getmycp is right in a way. If you are currently employed on a H1-B visa with the same employer who has filed your green card, some times the consulate would like to verify the fact that you are/were working for the company.

But one of my friend who's gc was filed by a company different from the one he was working and he did CP. The consulate had requested for payslips and just mentioned that he is *GOING TO* work for the company and currently employed with a different company. They counsualte people mentioned that 'technically' they don't need a payslip as a 'required' supportive document. But they just ask for them as a added safety measure.

But, again like getmycp, I too *STRESS* that you *SHOULD* carry your payslips and all pertinent documents whenever possible. My point is that don't be too much worried about missing payslips etc. You could always say you are taking upaid time off from work due to personal reasons (like rewarding oneself with a good long vacation before the GC ;) ).

Again, I am *NOT* saying that you don't need payslips. Hope I am clear.

:)

=============================================
As always the usual disclaimes apply. This is not a legal advice.
Contact a lawyer if you need one.

Re: PCC

Originally posted by cannon576
If you live in chennai, is it enough if you get PCC from local police station (say, Inspector of Police)? or, do u have to get only from the district police station?
Thanks

Cannon,

As far as I know, all you need to do is to take your chennai passport office and there is a form to be filled up to issue PCC. It's a one day affair. Give it in the morning and you'll get it in the evening (provided your passport was issued in MADRAS). For chennai consulate this should do.

But there were few cases where the consualte had requested to get another police certificate from the Police station Juristriction of the place where you live in chennai. That you could get any offical ranked Inspector or Higher. (just a letter stating that you don't have any criminal case against you).

Hope this helps.

:)

As always the usual disclaimes apply. This is not a legal advice.
Contact a lawyer if you need one.

I asked that question about PCC because in the FAQ section in the consulate web site, it says that you need PCC from 'District Police Station'. I wasn't sure if they will accept PCC from 'Local Police Station'. Anybody used pcc from local police station, before?
Thanks

Alternate to cptracker.com

We are missing lots of updates from cp'er friends. Till cptracker is down should we create a special thread just to post the individual happenings/progresses with NVC so that everyone is in same page.

Just a thought.

Thanks

CP Details

Hello:

Since CP tracker is down, I am posting my details here.

PD April 01
LC AD April 17 02

I 140 ND May 30 02
I 140 AD Dec 12 02

NVC Case created Dec 27 02
NVC sent fee bill Dec 30 02
Fee Bill recvd Jan 14 03
NVC Created P3 Feb 03 03
P3 Recvd Feb 12 03.

Planning to file DS 230 in a couple of days.

Consulate Chennai.

Expecting June/July interview.

If anybody want to contact me, please send mail at dnair@yahoo.com.

Thanks and good luck to everybody.

D

Last edited by a moderator:
CP tracker

I believe attempts are being made to revive it. We can, may be
wait one or two days, and then start a new thread for all those
case where the Packet 3 has reached NVC.

Raju

Re: CP tracker

Originally posted by Raju595
I believe attempts are being made to revive it. We can, may be
wait one or two days, and then start a new thread for all those
case where the Packet 3 has reached NVC.

Raju

Check this out ...

http://groups.msn.com/ConsularProcessTracker/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=2

I've created a group under MSN to discuss our issues around Consular Processing ... Jump on and start using it ....

Since it is under MSN, to login you would require to have a hotmail account and key in its password. I hope every one has one if not go ahead and create one up.

I find it to be very reliable, its always up and fairly scalable.

Re: Re: CP tracker

Originally posted by hate_tsc
Check this out ...

http://groups.msn.com/ConsularProcessTracker/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=2

I've created a group under MSN to discuss our issues around Consular Processing ... Jump on and start using it ....

Since it is under MSN, to login you would require to have a hotmail account and key in its password. I hope every one has one if not go ahead and create one up.

I find it to be very reliable, its always up and fairly scalable.

:cool: buddy...

My CP Details

Hi Guys,

Since CPtracker is down I am entering my info here. My id on cptracker was bjajal.

I140 Approval Date - 09/27/2002
NVC Recd case - 11/21/2002 (That was long wait! 55 days)
Case Created - 11/25/2002
Fee Bill Recived - 12/09/2002
Chq Cleared - 01/09/2003
P3 Created - 01/13/2003
P3 Reced from NVC - 01/21/2003
P3 Sent back - 01/21/2003
NVC ackn P3 receipt - 02/04/2003
P3 intered in system- 02/04/2003

Is it reasonable to expect interview in May/June?

bjajal

Thanks

Sri-IL,

Thanks for the greetings. I am posting the dates again here also as the present status of my case also falls in this thread category.

P3 sent to NVC: Jan 16, 03
P3 received by NVC: Jan 17, 03
P3 entered in the NVC computer system: Jan 31, 03
P3 review complete: Feb 12, 03
P3 will be sent to US Consulate in New Delhi in 2 - 4 weeks.

Good luck to others who are awaiting P3 review completion.

Thanks.

Few Questions..

Q1. Is there an update in the NVC system when P3 is sent to consulate by NVC?
Q2. How does NVC send packet to US Consulate? Is it FedEx/UPS/DHL?
Q3. Is there any way to track the Packet 3 sent by NVC Portsmouth to US Consulate in India?

Thanks.

2) I read somewhere they use courier service DHL.

3) You can not track your packet because several cases are
sent together.

Raju

Review complete!!

Fresh news. 1 minute old.

The NVC has completed the review of my packet 3.
The operator said they would need 2 to 4 weeks for
the file to be sent to the consulate.

Some details for the benefit of the members:

Packet 3 sent to NVC : 17th Jan 2003.
Received at NVC : 21st Jan 2003
Entered in the system: 31st Jan 2003
Review completed : 13th Feb 2003
Review period : 13 days.

Applicants: Myself + spouse + 1 child.

There is a certain shift in the time line now. I sensed this long back, because somekind of background checks were included in the I-140 stage.

So, the review period should drastically fall down. Good luck to other members waiting.

Raju

Very Good News

Raju,

Congrats for getting your P3 review complete. Very Good News. I hope other individuals who are backloged at present also get their P3 review complete very soon.

cpTracker.com should be up and running from MOnday, Feb 17,'03. Atleast that's what the old and new owner of cpTracker.com posted on the thread "Bring life to cpTracker.com" mentioned on the thread listed below.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73758

Thanks.