485 RFE Tracker - Post # 2.

I would like to add one more document that I had posted earlier in April 06, 2004. It lists the different types of RFE documents that are so far asked and the probability of asking those documents.

To My RFE Colleagues

Has anyone of you responded to RFE by yourself without an attorney? If yes, please post at,

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=125541

is this a typical RFE for Employment letter

the RFE request I received asked for a letter of employment. Is this your typical 'employment letter' RFE?

"Submit a letter of employment attesting to applicant's current employment. This letter should be written on the company's official letterhead, citing the date the applicacant begain working, if a permanent full time position, the position offered, the position the application is currently working and the salary offered. Note: Letters or offer of employment letters written for the purpose of approval of the initial petition (Form I-140, Form I-526 or Form I-360) cannot be resumbmitted as evidence for the Form I-485; a current letter is required."

I has working with the current company since day 1. However, my GC job from the same company differs from my current H-1B job. Per the request below, do you think it is asking information only for my current H-1B job, or my future GC job as well?

thanks.

RE: is this a typical RFE for Employment letter

also, should I answer this RFE word-to-word, like position=software engineer salary=345678 without further description of the job duties/descriptions?

My opinion is like this,

Since GC is for job in future, if your letter of empolyment describes your job duties filed in your labor then you should be OK.

You do need to mention,

Date of Hire
Salary
Position(same/similar as one in labor)
Job Description (same/similar to the one in labor)

RFE reply

My RFE reply has been acknowleged. Updated the sheet.

485 RD: May 01
485 ND: Aug 01
FP: Apr 03
RFE Issued: 17 Mar 04
RFE replied: 03 May 04
RFE Ack: 06 May 04
AD: ???

RE: is this a typical RFE for Employment letter

longGC,
Please note that my current job differs from my GC job. With this in mind, do you think I should just respond with stuff on this current job, without saying anything about this future GC job?
Thanks.

It is a tough call and I suggest you search this forum extensively. It is tricky and at this stage, I would consult an attorney.

Please update RFE tracking list

RFE updated:

EB1
I-485 ND: 4/29/2002
3rd EAD, 3rd AP (pending)
RFE:4/22/2004
RFE officer: 450
RFE Ask: EVL
RFE sent: 5/3/2004
RFE rcv'd:5/6/2004
AP: ?

Thank God, finally approved

Dear All, I have been finally approved. I have been a silent member for a while. I used to check this site may be 5-10 times a day. It was good to know that I am not alone. I found a lot of comfort and useful information here. I wish each and everyone here will get approved very soon. Again, I can't thank you guys enough for all the effort and support provided here. I will try to post here as detailed information as I can. I will also submit it to the RFE tracker thread. Would some please update the tracker file. Thanks

-I-140 AD-01/01
-3 EADs
-2 APs

-I-485 RD 01/14/02

-RFE 04/15/04 Officer #69 (asked for special registration #, which I didn't get since I entered on an advance parole),
-RFE letter received on 04/22 (lawyer changed address and letter got forwarded to the new address, even though he has send an address change form long ago).
-RFE response mailed on 04/26 recieved on 04/29

-I-485 AD 05/05 received on 05/08 (status online never changed from RFE recieved)

Stamped on 05/10. It took exactly 30min. the officers were extremely nice.

All the best and good luck to all

Approved on 5/7/04

RFE rcv'd on: 5/6/04
AD: 5/7/04
Officer: #450

Checked out and received e-mail notice from USCIS after I posted
the above message :)

Officer# 450 Ref after 60 days

I am still waiting an approval from Officer #450. It has been 60 days already since I sumitted the ref on March 11, 2004. I called my lawyer and I was told that to wait at least 90 days after Ref was issued. Any one is waiting for more than 60 days from officer #450 after Ref was issued???

RD Nov 2001
Ref: 02/18/04
Ref ack: 03/11/04
FP: mar 03

Long waiting.. Still waiting..

Hi... I'm still waiting (too...)

RD: 08/03/01. (I-485) RFE: 2/12/04.
3 EADs, 3 AP's.. not out..

I recieved 1st RFE (wrong name on it) issued on Feb 12th.. Responded to that immediately.. and 2nd one was issued on 10th March took 12 days to receive it.. responded on 25th March and TSC acknowledged on 26th March.. Still no response.. This is office#18.

On the other side..

As per the website, RFE was issued for my wife on 12th Feb but not received yet.. called them twice still nothing happened..

Any idea what can I do for my wife's RFE ? its 90 days over!! Still TSC says the same thing they take the information and ask to wait for another 30days for response.. already 3 cycles over.. still repeating??
I even FAX'ed expedite letters in our cases.. Nothing happned.

Any suggestions are really appreciated..

When the RFE is issued to the primary applicant asking for employment verification, the dependent applicant's status will change to "RFE issued" --- that's what my lawyer told me.

:p :p :p

RFE/2fp/scary issue with wife's case

me & my wife got RFE on feb 19th .
my lawyer sent wife rfe document along with my package.
TSC received my RFE on March 10th , ACK on march 12th.
wife RFE msg not changed.........
after 60 days when i contacted TSC...
I came to know they are under impression that my wife's RFE paper's not received.....and they cna deny her as 12 weeks's passed....
I send yesterday her photo's again.....

please make sure u let them know both file are seperate to avoide confusion.....

Why they are making delay after receiving the RFE.. any idea...

Any update for RFE cases from any officers... not that much approval we are seeing now a days...

Anything we can do...

My REF passed 60 days

My case passed 60 days after a REF. I don't what I should do just like you. Officer is 255.