485 RFE Tracker - Post # 2.

When a thread rates an "important" sticky, it deserves some discipline and control by its patrons. I am not against passing the good feeling around, but in the interest of making this thread accessible to all users, please post your replies/posts in this thread with relevant info about 485 RFEs...
Sorry for roughing up again and being the spoilsport:eek:
Will not be visiting this thread again for a while, so congrats bajis..

Just my personal opinion

jaxen, I agree with your concern that this message board is used to post important messages about RFE.

As you all know, RFEers are probrablly the most desperate 485 group since the light in the tunnel is so close and we deserve some of encouraging news sharing. For me reading those messages gives me lots of hope that there are people like me in the same boat, and eventually freedom with GC will belong to all of us.

About the technical issue for the congratulation messages. My suggestion is the resposibility also belongs to the person who issue the good news. He or she may create a separate thread to accept the congratulations from all of us.

BTW, here is my latest update.

RD: 8/2001
ND: 9/2001
RFE: 2/20/2004
AD: For prinipal 3/26, no update for dependent case though.

I just got a call from my lawyer telling us that we have been approved. I have updated the list.

Good luck to you all,

RD 7/2001
ND 8/2001
AD 3/29/2004

RFE received

Received the package from former lawyer.

Officer #169

requesting the same documents from my husband - primary and me.

1) All I-797 approval notices for all extension & change of status
2) Form I-20
3) Form I-94

Is there a general cover letter that we can use to submit this information? Thanks!

Also, just curios if this officer has issued a 2nd RFE?

Houston485

First of all, congratulations to your approval!

It seems your RFE was issued by officer 016 and this raises my blood pressue... :) Did you do anything to facilate the process or officer 016 just happened to pick up your case and worked on it? Can you please shed more light on that?

---------------------------
RFE issued: 1/21/04
RFE ACK: 2/6/04
officer: 016
AD:???????

I have updated with my approval details. Actually, I did it on 3/26, but I could not see my details.

Help needed!

Just found out that my husband - primary applicant lost his original I-20 (undergraduate in 1995). He has his Master program I-20 from 1997. But RFE is looking for the one in 1995.

Can we use his F-1 Visa in his passport to show status and a letter from the university stating his student status since 1995?

He didn't keep it at that time because he never thought of getting PR after his undergraduate completion. It was almost 10 years ago!

Any advice how to proceed?

Thanks!!

Freemind,

Yes, it was officer #16 who issued our RFE, and it was 2/12/04 that they received our RFE. The possible reason that might speed this is my lawyer has filed an inquiry to ask the status of our case. Maybe that triggered it?

I did fax a letter to the fax number a month ago since my husband needed to go business travel and his AP was also pending. But I don't think that made any difference. My husband had to go to local office to get a temperoary AP.

What are the options once TSC has acknowledged the RFE. Is there a certain period of time that needs to pass before you are able to ask for a status?

Re: Help needed!

CWPJ,

I think your husband's school's international student office should have a copy of the I-20 (I-20 always has one copy for school and one for student). So maybe you can check with them?

Originally posted by cwpj
Just found out that my husband - primary applicant lost his original I-20 (undergraduate in 1995). He has his Master program I-20 from 1997. But RFE is looking for the one in 1995.

Can we use his F-1 Visa in his passport to show status and a letter from the university stating his student status since 1995?

He didn't keep it at that time because he never thought of getting PR after his undergraduate completion. It was almost 10 years ago!

Any advice how to proceed?

Thanks!!

Houston485,

Thanks a lot for your reply. That does give me some hope after us being stuck with officer 016 for so long. Will also try to push my lawyer to send an inquiry, asked him once but he asked me to wait after 90 days :mad:

Originally posted by Houston485
Freemind,

Yes, it was officer #16 who issued our RFE, and it was 2/12/04 that they received our RFE. The possible reason that might speed this is my lawyer has filed an inquiry to ask the status of our case. Maybe that triggered it?

I did fax a letter to the fax number a month ago since my husband needed to go business travel and his AP was also pending. But I don't think that made any difference. My husband had to go to local office to get a temperoary AP.

approved

Approved, I got an RFE from officer 16 also. TSC received RFE response on Feb 25. Approved on 3/25. After checking houston485's post I checked my status and found that I am approved as well to my surprise.

Can anyone please update the spreadsheet.
Good luck to all you to get approvals.

RFE for I 20

Guys I was RFEeed recently and officer #69 has asked for my I-20 alongwith an employment letter, payment stubs, and tax forms. It was so long ago when I graduated that I have lost my I 20. I do have a copy of the certificate from school recommending optional training after graduation. I called my school but they do not keep copies after 5 years. Do you have any suggestions as to how to get over this road block?

RD: Dec 24, 01
ND: Dec 27, 01
FP: Feb 05, 04
RFE: March 18

Freemind,

My husband's scenario is very similar to Loni. It was so long ago - he finished undergraduate in 97, which was 7 years ago. Already sent inquiry request to the international student office, but haven't received response. Didn't have high hope there.

Wonder if the F-1 visa, original entry stamp, undergraduate OPT will be sufficient instead of original I-20.

Very worried.. we were never out of status, but simply need assurance on how to proceed. Any opinions/advice from anyone here?

RFE Documents and Status

I would like to know from the fellows who received RFE,

1. Does the online status show that RFE was issued or do we have to wait for snail mail?

2. When we reply to RFE, does the online status get updated to mention RFE Ack? Does TSC update online status immediately?

3. What kind of documents TSC look for in case of RFE? EVL, W2s, tax returns, anything else?

Please help.