485 RFE Tracker - Post # 2.

jxh,faitas,TSC-RD-June2001, BBBG2004, V_NReddy and GR1998

I am sorry to hear that after RFE, your case is taking too long. I would contact Congressman/Senator immediately. They do ask to wait for 60 days. But in many of your cases, 60 days have passed.

After lawyer sends a reply, I use my copy and send time sensitive material to make sure TSC gets it. Remmeber, if your case gets delayed or denied, it is you who gets to go back to your country and not your lawyer. Secondly, no matter how fast you get your GC, lawyer gets the same flat fee. There is no incentive to lawyer to act fast and reply early.

jxh,faitas,TSC-RD-June2001, BBBG2004, V_NReddy and GR1998

I am sorry to hear that after RFE, your case is taking too long. I would contact Congressman/Senator immediately. They do ask to wait for 60 days. But in many of your cases, 60 days have passed.

For time sensitive material, after lawyer sends a reply, I use my copy and send the same to make sure TSC gets it. This way, the mail does not get lost or ignored.

Remmeber, if your case gets delayed or denied, it is you who gets to go back to your country and not your lawyer. Secondly, no matter how fast you get your GC, lawyer gets the same flat fee. There is no incentive for lawyer to act fast and reply early.

what fax # to send 'expediate letter' and on what cause?

someone said earlier, "I even FAX'ed expedite letters in our case", which FAX # for TSC to use ? and on what cause (FP soon-to-expire, 60-days after RFE response received)?

Any good news about CSO #255 ? My RFE request has his ID# on it.

TSC FAX 214-489-8021

Address to officer. Tell FP is expiring and 60 days have passed and raised NCSC inquiries etc...

60 days after ref

I just called TSC today. They gave me the same answer "to wait". I was told that they are processing Nov 15, 2001 cases. I am in Nov 19, 2001 even though TSC received my Ref more than 60 days I still have to wait. :mad:
I am so afraid that my case will be rejected because officer #450 normally approves cases within 2 weeks. I am the only one left.

PD Nov 1998
RD Nov 2001
Ref: 2/18/04
Ref Ack: 3/11/04

AD????

What is Time Sensitive material???

LongGC... I was trying to understand what you are saying.. Usually every one will send doc's using UPS, FedEx or USPS.. and every one tracks it.. Ofcourse we will keep copy of that for our records.. (I guess every one does that)..
But, I dont understand what you do with the copy and time sensitive material at this stage??? Can you please describe what you mean..?

Last edited by a moderator:
GR1998

Please do not go by what is told in NCSC. They do not posses enough information on immigration law. If I were you, I would contact Senator/Congressman. Rest is up to you.

V_NReddy

Time Sensitive Material - Where response is required to be filed to TSC within certain period of time. For example, RFE. It needs to be responded within 90 days. Failure to do so TSC denies application.

Yes everyone sends material through courier. But I send one more copy throug courier. I do that only for Time Sensitive Material. The idea is, probability of lossing two documents at once is very less than probability of loosing one document.

sample expedite letter ?

Thanks, LongGC.

any template/sample of the expedite letter avaiable?

In the expedite request letter, it'd be neat to be able to cite the INS memo/regulation about expedite-FP-expiring-cases and AD-within-60-days-of-RFE-response. Any quick links to them?

longGC said:
TSC FAX 214-489-8021

Address to officer. Tell FP is expiring and 60 days have passed and raised NCSC inquiries etc...

BBBG2004 said:
When the RFE is issued to the primary applicant asking for employment verification, the dependent applicant's status will change to "RFE issued" --- that's what my lawyer told me.

:p :p :p
You mean this internally in TSC or it is actually showing as "RFE issued" in the spouse's status check?

it is actually showing as "RFE issued" in the spouse's status check. After RFE response ackowledged by INS, only primary applicant's status changed and the dependent applicant's status was still "RFE issued".
;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes:

Approved!

My I-140 (concurrent EB-1, RD-140/485: Sept/2003) is approved this
morning. The RFE response was received by USCIS on Feb/24 (RFE
was about employer's eligibility for sponsoring EB12 cases, financial ability to pay, etc.).

Officer #295

Thank you.

sept03 said:
Sitaraman,

no update dear. My response to RFE was received on Feb/24 as per the online message and update since.

Kloven,
how about you ?

Today I got to see the actual RFE letter. It is for my company's ability to pay me salary.

It states "........ has the ability to pay the applicant's salary in addition to the salaries of any other employees the company has. The evidence submitted must demonstrate that the petitioner had the ability from the time the priority date was established until the date the applicant obtains lawful permanent residence. Evidence of this ability shall be in the form of copies of annual reports, federal tax returns, or audited financial statements."

I am submitting
1. EVL that states, title (similar but not same as LC), salary (not lower than LC), hire date, job description (same as LC).

2. Last 9 Pay stubs.

3. Company's Annual Report.

4. Company's Tax Returns for year 1998 to 2003.

5. Company's Audited Financial Statement.

(No. 3,4 and 5 are obtained from company's website and finance department).

Last edited by a moderator:
Any body waiting for approval from officer 255

jxh said:
My case passed 60 days after a REF. I don't what I should do just like you. Officer is 255.

Any body waiting for approval from Officer 255??
jxh, can you please update you case status
Thanks,

Re: Any body waiting for approval from officer 255

I was, until a few hours ago. Today my lawyer called me telling me that mine was approved. RFE response was received May 15 per USCIS online status. RFE was issued on Apr 27 and responded on May 10 with DHL. FP was March 2003 with a ND of March 2002.
I bet yours will come soon. good luck.

Still there

I am still there. Wait and wait. But they really touched my case on 17 of May. But no aprroval yet.

LongLongRoad2GR said:
I was, until a few hours ago. Today my lawyer called me telling me that mine was approved. RFE response was received May 15 per USCIS online status. RFE was issued on Apr 27 and responded on May 10 with DHL. FP was March 2003 with a ND of March 2002.
I bet yours will come soon. good luck.

Congrats LongLongRoad2GR... is anyone updated the RFE excel sheet ?

waiting, near the end of the tunnel

jxh,
my online status didn't change. just I-797 approval notice to my lawyer and to myself.
so, make sure the address on your I-485 filing is still reachable.

jxh said:
I am still there. Wait and wait. But they really touched my case on 17 of May. But no aprroval yet.

Spreadsheet Updated

I have updated my details.

I updated record for TxGCslave as he was approved last month. He is busy taking care of his son who is hospitalized. After his case was transferred, we decided that he should go to local office and inquire. Luckily he was approved same day.

Need your help

Your case is related to mine. Could you provide some advise please?

The lawer faxed me the detail of RFE, request to "submit evidence of maintenance of status since entering the US on Feb 2001". Item B ask for "photocopy of the Form I-20 for IAP 66 school records (front and back, including all school annotations)". Do I need to present transcripts and diplomas? I missed the registration of Fall semester because I entered the US late. So my school year started from Spring. Will this be a problem? If I do not send my trascripts, will officer 192 issue another RFE?
Could anyone experienced RFE or farmiliar with RFE give me some help or suggestions ASAP.

Thanks in advance!