485 RFE track -- Calling to those who got RFE

Folks,

I understand your frustrations as I went through this lot before my approval. I 'm pretty sure that you guys will have a good news in coming days as some one mentioned that last week it was a spring break and a number of IIOs took vacation to spend the time with their kids. Those folks might have had good break to get into the I485 approval business!!!

So, hang in there folks

- Why-R

To SpiderBoy regarding RFE

RFE details from Officer # 255

Primary Applicant - Employment letter, and last 3 copies of W2s, tax returns and paystubs.

Spouse - Birth Certificate with English translation ( The earlier one was in both native language and english, so was not very clear)

RFE Update.

BCIS issued RFE for my wife and child. Here are the details

Wife :-

Marriage proof
Issued on :- Feb 20, 2004
RFE Rcvd :- Mar 16, 2004
Approval :- Mar 22, 2004

Child :-

Birth Certificate
Issued On :- Feb 20, 2004
RFE Rcvd :- Mar 17, 2004
Approval :- Mar 22, 2004

I am waiting for their actual approval letters.

Good luck to everyone :)

Green Luck

In RFE Generally, Why are they asking for W2's For last 3 yrs.

Did u attach W2's when you file i 485.

Thanks
sank

sank:

W2's are proof of your continuous employment with your sponsoring company, as well as proof that in the last 3 years you earned an income that is well above the poverty line and that you have paid taxes, hence the likelyhood of you and your family becoming a public charge in the future is minimal.

I believe that RFE are issued in two cases:

1. If the officer finds some discrepancy or missing documents in your I-485 file (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate, proof of status etc.)

2. Random check - possibly 10%-15% of the cases are randomly selected for employment verification, irrespective of available information (i.e. address change, AC21 notification etc.)

In the case of random check there is a list of documents they have decided can be used as proof that you are an eligible employment immigrant - W2's being one of them.

Also we have seen that in the case of random checks officers are "specialized" in the types of RFE they are sending. If your RFE is a random check you will be asked to provide certain information not because of some specifics in your case, but because of the "specialty" of the officer handling your case.

Apparently getting an employment-based green card remains PURE LUCK!

So good luck to all of us!

RFE after 60 days

On CIS website, it states"If the service center asked you to submit more information or evidence and you submitted it more than 60 days ago, and you have not received a decision yet, you can call National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 for a case status referral."

I remember somebody asked how long we should wait to call the NCSC last week. I think it's 60 days according to the statment.

My officer is #256 and I haven't seen any case approved by him --- it worries me. :p

I never change the job, nor the address. Don't know why the office 450 sent me the employment verification. My friend (ND in Sep/2001) in same company got approval in late Jan without RFE.

However, the officer should approve the case with received RFE on higher priority, because she/he has viewed all the docs and the approval shoulb be very simple.

Scanned my src range rfe cases only. There is flickering light at the end of tunnel, since there are two rfe cases approved on 3/22/04 and two cases on 3/18/04. If everyone scans their range rfe cases, that gives some indication.

RD/ND: 8/01
RFE recd by TSC. 2/20/04
AD: Waiting

imnao:

Yours is one of the random check RFEs. It has nothing to do with your case specifics.

Actually change of address or AC21 job change notification is not going to trigger RFE automatically, it is likely that this information is not going to be available to the officer. I remember reading somewhere that additional documents you send after you submit your I-485 (that is non-RFE documents) will probably never reach your file.

On the other hand never changing address or job is not a guarantee that you will not get an employment verification RFE. We see that this type of RFE is quite common and the TSC officers are very strict about obtaining all required documentation - there have been cases where a second RFE is issued if the first response is not satisfactory.

imnao

I was in the same situation (same company, same position & same city) as yours, but still I got RFE for Employment. I think it might be a Random check.

BTW, my officer was 295 and it was approved within a week after he/she recieved.

Hope your approval will be in coming day!!!

Why-R

Approving pattern - Highway or Local

gingibi,

Here is my theory on approving pattern of RFE. From the tracking spreadsheet and the scan of recent 485 RFE->approve cases, I found out:

No matter what your RFE is for: employment, w2, legal status or other docs, it seems randomly falls into two categories:

- Highway (You will probrably see ur approval in 1-10 days after INS receive your RFE)

- Local (If you miss that period, you have long way to go - maybe 1-2 month if you are lucky or even longer).

And one more observation, if your case is handled by one of notorious officers (e.g. #016, #256 and now #450), the chance that your case falls into 2nd category increases dramatically.

Hope my theory is wrong.

freedom21:

I agree with your theory - the time between RFE ACK and approval is officer dependent.

Up to last week most officers (with the exception of #16), were approving the cases 7-10 days after RFE ACK. Last week was spring break and the normal RFE activity was subdued.

Hopefully this week we will see more RFE approvals.

I also hope that the initiative of the guys waiting on officer #16 will be successful. It would help us all by bringing awareness of the need of timely RFE adjudication.

RFE ACK

Issued RFE : 3/3/04 ( EVL + Medical )
RFE Received: 3/8/04
RFE Replied: 3/18/04
RFE ACK: 3/23/04
AD???

As with the consolidation project/I485 tracker I wish to lessen the load on the server by moving to a new thread every month, since we have an attachment floating around this should not be an issue...
Just PM me when you create a new thread or I will catch it in one of my sweeps.
Giving you ample warning time so that you can also work on any improvements/changes to the format of the excel worksheet before going to the next month version...
Good job all of you:)

Officer #33

We can add officer #33 on the slow list as well...

TSC Ack date for my RFE is 3/8/04 and nothing so far.

It seems in general that there has been less approvals since spring break started on April, 5.

I phoned the National Number, but go nowhere with them. I can only phone after 60 days of the Ack date on RFE, which will bring me to 5/8/04. On 5/23/04 will be my third year anniversary of I-485.

Just checked the online status and I see APPROVED for me and my wife. Seems the officers start working from Spring break.

Good luck for every one who is still waiting, especially for those who have RFE issued.

Details:

SRC 01220*****
RD 6/26/2001
ND 7/16/2001
FP 4/9/2003
RFE Issued 2/11/2004 for Emp Verification by officer #450
RFE Recved 2/26/2004
AD 3/23/2004

Any approval from officer#256?

Hello,

Did any body get the approval from officer#256 after TSC received
the REF? I got the medical REF on 01/26, and send the REF to TSC on 02/11, TSC acknowledged it on 02/19. My FP will expire on
April 16, what can we do? Can somebody add my data to the Excel file pls?

I-485, RD 08/01/2001, ND 09/07/2001, FP 01/16/2003
REF 01/16/2004, REF rceieved on 02/19/2004, AP ????

Approved

Hi, I just checked the online status, both my husband's and my cases have been approved, I could not believe my wet eyes....

RD: 06/01
ND: 08/01
FP: 02/03
RFE Issued: 2/10/04
RFE Sent: 3/3/04
RFE ACK: 3/8/04
Officer #: 69
RFE: EML, 3 year W-2, most recent paystubs.
AD: 3/23/04

Agni: Your turn is coming!!!

MayBeSoon,

I thought that the "you can enquire only 60 days after we received your response to RFE" statement on the USCIS website will be used by the NCS as an excuse to delay any enquiries.

Did you consider contacting senator or congress person, based on the fact that your RD is well before the official processing date?

They should be able to push your case through the congressional liason at TSC as a case that needs expedite processing.