• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014AS000xxxxx All asia please help share CN info.

is there anyone to advise me????

By 'sponsor letter' are you referring to form I-134 Affidavit of Support? If yes, the scanned copy from your sponsor is fine. Just print out the scanned letter/form and the accompanying email and take them both to your interview.

Regarding the token issue, email your applicable US embassy to find out the procedure. They should be able to tell you whether you need to send in the token in advance or you bring it in at the time of your interview.

Good luck!

How much money should I have on my bank account? The rule of thumb is the more the better.
I am really afraid if my account wont have enough money by my interview

How much money should I have on my bank account? The rule of thumb is the more the better.
I am really afraid if my account wont have enough money by my interview

I have heard numbers as low as $5000 for candidates from some countries - however, unless you have family/friends and a job all set up there is no way that anyone should be starting in the USA with only $5k - even if it is enough to get through an interview. I'd say $10k per adult (plus something for each child) should be enough for the interview - so a family of 2 adults and 2 kids might be ok with around $20k. It doesn't have to be cash on the day of the interview. Owning a home, car etc are all assets that could fund the new life.

At the interview the candidate will be assessed on a number of factors to determine if someone will become a public charge - so I am sure they would be less worried about the amount someone has if friends and family are already there or if someone has very good job prospects (or an offer).

By the way, don't forget, the GC process itself is going to cost a few hundred dollars per person and then flights etc will be expensive - so each person will spend $2 or 3k before their USA journey begins.

Thanks for your reply,

I don't have and relatives or family members there. I'm all alone. I was an international student in USA (still didn't graduate).
I am going to sell my car for roughly 30,000$. Would it be enough to convince that I'm not gonna be a public charge?I'm gonna rent an apartment and continue studying.

US $30k is plenty for a single person to pass the interview stage. How far that will go once you factor in tuition etc is another question....

Try and show money in an account also though. Not many people would be driving around in a $30k car if that represented their total life savings.... or at least I wouldn't.

My case number is 2014AS00015xx

Hi
I won the dv lottery for 2014 my case number is 2014AS00015xx, how much is the chance to get the interview scheduled?? currently not in my home country, i had my son who is listed as dependent for dv and i select the country of my present as my interview location, unfortunately the immigration of the country where i living now refused my son's visa so that i need to send him back home country, is there someone who can advised me if i can change my interview location later on ? Or any other option so that i can present my 7 years son in the interview??

And how they send interview schedule letter?? By post or in email??

Nitu

US $30k is plenty for a single person to pass the interview stage. How far that will go once you factor in tuition etc is another question....

Try and show money in an account also though. Not many people would be driving around in a $30k car if that represented their total life savings.... or at least I wouldn't.

I'm 21. My father is a pretty wealthy person. I'm just trying to start my life from a scratch. Wont be asking money from him anymore. Of course i'll put the money in the bank account to get the bank statement.
Just I heard something about poverty line that indicates people who can be a public charge. Dont know much about it. Thats why I was asking

By 'sponsor letter' are you referring to form I-134 Affidavit of Support? If yes, the scanned copy from your sponsor is fine. Just print out the scanned letter/form and the accompanying email and take them both to your interview.

Regarding the token issue, email your applicable US embassy to find out the procedure. They should be able to tell you whether you need to send in the token in advance or you bring it in at the time of your interview.

Good luck!

Dear Friend,

This is regarding DV lottery. The person whom the green card wil be sent. We have to get a sponsor letter from him and take it to the interview. I think through the letter he should give his consent to send the green card to his address and he has to mention the relationship in between us.He doesn't need to show his bank details and all. print out of the scanned copy is enough?

I have heard numbers as low as $5000 for candidates from some countries - however, unless you have family/friends and a job all set up there is no way that anyone should be starting in the USA with only $5k - even if it is enough to get through an interview. I'd say $10k per adult (plus something for each child) should be enough for the interview - so a family of 2 adults and 2 kids might be ok with around $20k. It doesn't have to be cash on the day of the interview. Owning a home, car etc are all assets that could fund the new life.

At the interview the candidate will be assessed on a number of factors to determine if someone will become a public charge - so I am sure they would be less worried about the amount someone has if friends and family are already there or if someone has very good job prospects (or an offer).

By the way, don't forget, the GC process itself is going to cost a few hundred dollars per person and then flights etc will be expensive - so each person will spend $2 or 3k before their USA journey begins.

Do we need to show money in our bank accounts in DV lottery program? i haven't seen anything about showing bank details DV lottery sight except the visa fee and UCISC payment...

Do we need to show money in our bank accounts in DV lottery program? i haven't seen anything about showing bank details DV lottery sight except the visa fee and UCISC payment...

You will have an interview in which you may need to explain to the interviewing officer how you intend to support yourself once you move to the USA. That can mean different things depending on your circumstances. If you have family/friends or a job lined up then the need to have savings is reduced BUT they need to be satisfied that you will not become a public charge.

No such letter is required for DV applicants, as far as I know. Your friend/family member who is willing to act as your host is not required to write any letter confirming their relationship with you, but if it makes you better, then you can go ahead and get such a letter to take with you to your interview. And yes, a scanned copy of the letter is ok if you still want to get it.

Dear Friend,

This is regarding DV lottery. The person whom the green card wil be sent. We have to get a sponsor letter from him and take it to the interview. I think through the letter he should give his consent to send the green card to his address and he has to mention the relationship in between us.He doesn't need to show his bank details and all. print out of the scanned copy is enough?

No such letter is required for DV applicants, as far as I know. Your friend/family member who is willing to act as your host is not required to write any letter confirming their relationship with you, but if it makes you better, then you can go ahead and get such a letter to take with you to your interview. And yes, a scanned copy of the letter is ok if you still want to get it.

My friend, They have requested to bring the sponsor letter to the interview. It is in their DV lottery sight.