• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2013 DV Winners from Srilanka

Thanks

I REALLY WANTS TO SAY THANKS FOR ALL THIS FORUM MEMBERS ,AFTER I RECEIVED MA 1NL I DON'T KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO BUT THIS FORUM MEMBERS TALES ME EVERY THIN WITH VERY KINDNESS NOW I GET MA 2NL AND INTERVIEW DATE THANKS GOD.......
special thanks to GABAM n DZIECKA
;)

Hi,
I have received my 2NL letter today, but the instructions doesn't talks about a form of I-134, so do we get separate letter as such or not need , and also i can see for people who receives their visa on or before 1st of Feb 2013 , they have to pay a fees of USCIS immigrant fee ?
any idea on this

Farook

Hi,
I have received my 2NL letter today, but the instructions doesn't talks about a form of I-134, so do we get separate letter as such or not need , and also i can see for people who receives their visa on or before 1st of Feb 2013 , they have to pay a fees of USCIS immigrant fee ?
any idea on this

Farook

Please refer the below link. DV Checklist for 2013. Under Documents necessary ONLY for DV Winner you can find informations about I-134 form.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/sri-lanka/5/pdfs/Check_list_for_Diversity_Visa_applicants.doc

Yes I guess you need to pay new immigrant fee. Please contact the embassy and ask.

Hi,
any idea on this

Farook

Hi perera,
I have got a sponsor from USA who was send me completed affidavit of support (i-134) form with 1040 form which is the U.S INDIVIDUAL INCOME TEX RETURN from Department of treasury, actually my sponsor is SELF EMPLOYEE, i would like to know that could i bring this 1040 form insteed of W2 to the interveiw????? is it acceptable??? please reply soon. thanking you

My Sponsor also self employee. He gave me 1099 form.
I submitted 1099 form instead of w2 form. They accepted mine. I guess you can submit 1040 form if sponsor doesn't have w2 form.
Only thing is what ever amount declared in i-134 form, should match with 1040 form.

Hi perera,
I have got a sponsor from USA who was send me completed affidavit of support (i-134) form with 1040 form which is the U.S INDIVIDUAL INCOME TEX RETURN from Department of treasury, actually my sponsor is SELF EMPLOYEE, i would like to know that could i bring this 1040 form insteed of W2 to the interveiw????? is it acceptable??? please reply soon. thanking you

Hi Perera,
again one question, could you tell me please the structure of 1099 form because 1040 form is a only one page which is include my sponsor's Name, SSN number, annual income , tax, his dependents name......etc.

thanks

regards
K.Mohamed sujath

To view a sample Form 1099-MISC, click here

Hi Perera,
again one question, could you tell me please the structure of 1099 form because 1040 form is a only one page which is include my sponsor's Name, SSN number, annual income , tax, his dependents name......etc.

thanks

regards
K.Mohamed sujath

Hi Everyone ,

I have another query , since my wife is the Primary Applicant , if we get the visa for luckily. will it be possible me to travel first and family would follow next ?

Thanks

Hi Farook,

Please go through this link,

http://www.immihelp.com/immigrant-visa/steps-after-immigrant-visa-interview.html

"The principal applicant must enter before or at the same time as any of the derivative beneficiaries. After that, the remaining family members may enter at any time in any order within the validity of the immigrant visa. "

Hi Everyone ,

I have another query , since my wife is the Primary Applicant , if we get the visa for luckily. will it be possible me to travel first and family would follow next ?

Thanks

CN : 2013AS000096**
1st NL Checked : 1st May 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 28th May 2012
KCC Confirmation : I phoned and confirmed (Nov 08/2012)
PCC : Going on
Medicals : Not yet
Interview : ?
POE : ?

Hi friends,
I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question regarding the expiry date of police report. I have been in four countries (Including Sri Lanka). I have applied for police reports in all four countries, I have already got all of them (including the country currently where I live). I left Sri Lanka in 1989. In this situation, Will US Embassy still consider the expiry date of Sri Lankan police report? Because I have not been living in Sri Lanka last 23 years. I believe the expiry date of police report is applicable (should be considered) for the current country where I live.

Please advice.

Thanks

Kuna

Hi Perera,
I have faced my interview on last Tuesday and everything were fine except Affidavit of support form (i-134), actually i have bring all the necessary required documents to the interview including i-134 form but unfortunately consular officer (Chinese male) did not accept it because he told me that "your sponsor's annual income (16000 $ - Self Employee) is very low to sponsor you, so that bring a new i-134 form and 2011 W2 with a sponsor's minimum annual income about 25000 $ " and finally he gave me a white paper with mentioned new i-134 form with 2011 W2 as well as he has told again to submit it to security post of US embassy along one of the working days.
Now, I have found a new sponsor and he has sent me scanned copies of new i-134 form, 2011 W2 and his US passport. my new sponsor's annual income is about 50000 $ so that i think this time consular officer will accept it.

Now my query is, how long it will take to issue visa after submit those missing documents???, how they would inform me to collect the visa?

regards
KM Sujath

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, I have found a new sponsor and he has sent me scanned copies of new i-134 form, 2011 W2 and his US passport. my new sponsor's annual income is about 50000 $ so that i think this time consular officer will accept it.

Now my query is, how long it will take to issue visa after submit those missing documents???, how they would inform me to collect the visa?

regards
KM Sujath

Before you submit it.........

I wonder whether they will accept scanned copies, you can try and see.

Also, take a look at his i-134, does the details in W2 and i-134 match?
Usually, W2 Box 1 income is not necessarily his total income (box 2+ box12 is close to gross).

Has he given his family size in i134? if so you need to see whether his income meets i-864P limits.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf for this, Total Household sz = sponsor family sz+ Applicant (you+any?) family sz
(this was the reason your earlier one was rejected, for 2 ppl income limit is >18k)

If numbers are tight, ask him for his TOTAL (gross) income, if that number is not in W2, ask him to send a copy of his latest pay slip showing gross income. (Dec 2012 slip would do)

If W2 Box 1 say near 50k, that will be more than enough for total of family sz 8!, so no point asking for more details.
But, I hope others will learn from this how to evaluate i864P Vs i134 Vs W2.

They most probably will contact him by phone as well to confirm details.

If everything is ok, after you give this I don't think it will take more than 2 weeks for them to call you to collect visa.

Hope this helps.

Best!

PS: I am not certain whether i864P limit is the 'adjusted gross income' (AGI) used for tax purposes. If then it is closer to Box 1 in W2.

Thanks Nuvf for your use full tips,
yes, i agree with you that Total Household sz = sponsor family sz+ Applicant (you+any?) family sz, actually we both me and my wife together have faced the interview and also my sponsor is married and he have two kids as well therefore total house hold size is 6 so that consular officer advice to bring new i-134 form and 2011 W2 with the minimum anual income of sponsor 25000 $ ( Not rejected)
I have previously as well submit same scan copy so i think scan copy will not a issue.
but one issue is now, my new sponsor's address is not same in both i-134 form and W2, i think W2 is little bit older(2011) so he mentioned his current address on i-134 and previous on w2, is these a problem to further process?

thanks
Before you submit it.........

I wonder whether they will accept scanned copies, you can try and see.

Also, take a look at his i-134, does the details in W2 and i-134 match?
Usually, W2 Box 1 income is not necessarily his total income (box 2+ box12 is close to gross).

Has he given his family size in i134? if so you need to see whether his income meets i-864P limits.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf for this, Total Household sz = sponsor family sz+ Applicant (you+any?) family sz
(this was the reason your earlier one was rejected, for 2 ppl income limit is >18k)

If numbers are tight, ask him for his TOTAL (gross) income, if that number is not in W2, ask him to send a copy of his latest pay slip showing gross income. (Dec 2012 slip would do)

If W2 Box 1 say near 50k, that will be more than enough for total of family sz 8!, so no point asking for more details.
But, I hope others will learn from this how to evaluate i864P Vs i134 Vs W2.

They most probably will contact him by phone as well to confirm details.

If everything is ok, after you give this I don't think it will take more than 2 weeks for them to call you to collect visa.

Hope this helps.

Best!

PS: I am not certain whether i864P limit is the 'adjusted gross income' (AGI) used for tax purposes. If then it is closer to Box 1 in W2.

sujath,

I don't think address will be a problem. But his name and social security no. should match.
Dbl chk everything and submit it by Tuesday.
I hope he will not ask for 2012 W2 which people are getting these days. If asked say it not rcvd yet.
But ask your friend how different is his 2012 w2 (if he has it already), if its income also ok , ask him for a copy of it and keep, just in case.

Best!

btw, CO has asked for a $25k w2 income assuming the sponsor is single, so the family sz will be 3. If sponsor has kids the limit will be different. Others who are reading this should be aware of this fact.

Hi Sujith,

They accept mine within 2 weeks. 21st December 2012 we submitted missing 1099 form and we got a call from embassy on 3rd January 2013.

Thank You

Hi Perera,
I have faced my interview on last Tuesday and everything were fine except Affidavit of support form (i-134), actually i have bring all the necessary required documents to the interview including i-134 form but unfortunately consular officer (Chinese male) did not accept it because he told me that "your sponsor's annual income (16000 $ - Self Employee) is very low to sponsor you, so that bring a new i-134 form and 2011 W2 with a sponsor's minimum annual income about 25000 $ " and finally he gave me a white paper with mentioned new i-134 form with 2011 W2 as well as he has told again to submit it to security post of US embassy along one of the working days.

regards
KM Sujath