• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2013 DV Winners from Srilanka

KCC released the visa bulletin for December. My case number is current for December.. i am waiting for the 2nd NL

Can any one give information about Sponsor Letters and i-134 affidavits?

Hi perera,
its very nice to meet you as a sri lankan dv lottery winner, as per new dv lottery instruction, you need to submit Affidavit of support form to consular officer on the date of your interveiw, but i have heared that its depend on the relavent embassy's consular officer, anyway its better to prepare i-134 form, please share your interveiw experience later.
best of luck

I think the following Q&A may be helpful for others too.
Those who had intvw. this yr at CMB pl update the forum on this sponsor letter/ i-134 issue.(your experience at emb/intvw)

1. Do we need to collect any medical appointment forms/documents from embassy before we going to medical exam?. In their website they didn't mention that. I heard some ppl talking about that.

Did you get an email from KCC informing your intvw date? I tht they usually give the med. forms in that email. Write/call to KCC. If not the best thing is write to emb. again and may be visit them for info Tue/Thu after 1pm (I think) Anyways you need those official forms one way or other. Give a try at the doctor's office too.

2. What kind of documents need for affidavit support apart from that I-134 form.

I still think the CMB office is ok with just the sponsor letter. Ppl who may have had intvw already pl update on this. The sponsor letter should have contact details (emb. calls them sometimes) and also a copy of their pp/visa, a copy of utility bill to confirm address and a business card/letter from work (no need of salary)

I-134

This is bit complex but nothing much. This form is the one most in US on work/student visa and GC use to sponsor short term family visitors. Hence under #11 in it make sure the sponsor to say specifically to limit time of the form like 'I intend to provide support for applicant to settle in US for 4 MONTHS after Enter. If necessary will provide room and board and if a need arise some financial support (can say up to like $5000) and much support to find a job , find a place to rent, buy a car , buy health ins etc.'.

Remember, I-134 is NOT LEGALLY ENFORCEABLE so not much legal 'danger' to one who sign.
(for more info just Google and see what you get for......'I-134 is not legally enforceable')

But it is just a 'hassle' the embassies put on ppl who want to sponsor visitors and SHOW them their financial means in US. So it is important to include
- copy of pp/visa
- Latest tax forms and/or a letter from work specifically mentioning the income. (income should put sponsor above i-864P limits with his family PLUS the persons in i-134 #3)
- Copy of a utility bill to confirm physical address and contact details.

My suggestion is to have a sponsor letter and an i-134 both in hand but give the sponsor letter only WITH your own financial means. Carry your bank balance, epf/etf balances, life ins., Rs and $ value assessment from a licensed assessor of the land/house you got etc.
Give I-134 only if they insist on it.

Hope this helps.

Best!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dv2013 winner

CN : 2013AS00009***
1st NL Checked : 1st May 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 28th May 2012
KCC Confirmation : I did not received any confirmation yet????
2nd NL : ?
PCC : ?
Medicals : ?
Interview : ?
POE : ?

I need somebody's help, like Raja.Raja Please advice me that How can I get the KCC's confirmation?

Do they inform automatically once they receive our application forms?

Please help/advice me
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!

You can either write an email to KCC, or simply call them. Their number is 0016065267500, after you hear the man speak, press 1, and it will take you the operator. They will ask you for your case number, fullname, and fulll date of brith, before answering your questions. And you can write them email in this format, and send it to kccdv@state.gov

Subject: DV forms receipt Confirmation
Body:

Case Number: 2013AS00009999
Full Name: Sanath Jayasuriya
Date Of Birth: June 30th, 1969

Dear Sir/Madam,

sdfjsldfjsl;adfjskldfjlskdf
sdfksldfjlsdfklsdfsdf
sdfsdfjsl;df

Regards,

I need somebody's help, like Raja.Raja Please advice me that How can I get the KCC's confirmation?

Please help/advice me

Hi,

KCC normally don't send confirmation emails. If you need to check whether they received your forms,
just drop an email with your full name,case number and date of birth.

Thanks

Please help/advice me

Dv 2013

KCC Confirmation : I phoned and confirmed today (Nov 08/2012)
PCC : Going on
Medicals : Not yet

I need somebody's suggestion.

Cut-off for Asia:
January 2012: 18,500
January 2011: 13,300
January 2010: 9,475
January 2009: 8,300

But, January 2013 only 3,400 (VERY LOW). My # 97**. Will I be called for an interview and get the VISA?

I need a solid suggestion/answer from somebody.

Thank you in advance.

Take care everyone.

Regards!

Kuna

Please help/advice me

Hi Kuna,

As you said, in previous years for Nov, Dec, January, etc... months the cutoff numbers for Asia has been very high compared to this year.

That was because there was a large number of applicants from Asia in those years. This year large Asian populations like Bangladesh, Pakistan are not included in the lottery. Therefore this year when KCC selected the winners they allocated proportionately a smaller number of winners from Asia. As i heard in a forum it's around 16000. (Largest Case # in Asia will be something like 2013AS00016***)

This 16000, they distribute among the months in the fiscal year from Oct 2012 - Sept 2013. I guess your number (9000 range) will become current in May - June 2013.
The progress of the cutoff number depends on how fast the interviews are conducted and the way they try to maintain the percentage limit of Visas they want to issue to Asia.

They issue visas for regions according to the ratio of applicants from those regions. Total number of Visas in 50000.

Hope this helps, if there's anyone who can better explain this, pls do so.

Regards,
C. Ruwan.

Hi Perera Nice to meet you..

Do you know any other DV winners from srilanka.. if you know please let them to join with us.

I need some information regarding the sponsor letter, kindly advice me

Thanks

Hello i also DV winner from sri lanka. i also want meet some one . if u can call me 0777390029 . i am gemunu

Dv-2013

Hello C. Ruwan,

Thank you for your explanation. I was little worried. Now seems like I will be called for an interview and get VISA. Mostly all other requirements are o.k with me.

But I have another question that "Total number of Visas are 50,000" means if one family has 5 members is all 5 included in the 50000 or 50000 main applicants? I believe 50000 main applicants. please clarify.

Regards,
Kuna

hi friends,
I am one of Dv winner from Sri lanka and my case no is 2013000031** so that my case no will current on January, my main issue is about police clearance certificate because i had been work in Qatar for 2 years so that i need to get Qatar police report as well, but its very complicated one and its take more than 3 months but my interveiw will be shedule on january.
so my question.... is Qatar police clearance compulsary on the date of my interveiw in colombo embassy??? because some country consular officers only expect local police report only...... so i want to know that if ayy one have got visa interveiw experience from colombo embassy please share u r suggestion......
thanking you

Hello C. Ruwan,

Thank you for your explanation. I was little worried. Now seems like I will be called for an interview and get VISA. Mostly all other requirements are o.k with me.

But I have another question that "Total number of Visas are 50,000" means if one family has 5 members is all 5 included in the 50000 or 50000 main applicants? I believe 50000 main applicants. please clarify.

Regards,
Kuna

Hi Kuna,

As far as I know 50000 is the total number of Visas they issue for all regions. KCC has initially selected around 100000 entries and they issue only 50000 visas. As they have selected 16000 entries from Asia region i guess from the 50000 visas around 8000 will be given to Asians. for Sri Lanka they had selected 800 entries and i guess they will issue around 400-450 visas for our country.

If the 50000 limit was achieved they stop issuing further visas for the years program, but within the last several years this 50000 limit has not been achieved. Some entrants even though they get selected are not granted visas as they are unable to provide acceptable educational qualifications, police clearance, medicals, sponsorship letters and most of the time some lose the code that we must use to check in the Web Site if we have won or not.

Regards,
C. Ruwan

Hi guys, my wife had been selected for 2013 Program, but we checked it on October only

It was a late to check unfortunately... but don't know whats going on with the document . any idea , how its gonna work for my secenario ???

CN : 2013AS00005***
1st NL Checked : 30th Oct 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 1st Nov 2012 DHL
Forms Received : 3rd Nov 2012 (DHL Confirmed)
KCC Confirmation : ?
visas : ??

Nice explanation brother. :)

Hi Kuna,

As far as I know 50000 is the total number of Visas they issue for all regions. KCC has initially selected around 100000 entries and they issue only 50000 visas. As they have selected 16000 entries from Asia region i guess from the 50000 visas around 8000 will be given to Asians. for Sri Lanka they had selected 800 entries and i guess they will issue around 400-450 visas for our country.

If the 50000 limit was achieved they stop issuing further visas for the years program, but within the last several years this 50000 limit has not been achieved. Some entrants even though they get selected are not granted visas as they are unable to provide acceptable educational qualifications, police clearance, medicals, sponsorship letters and most of the time some lose the code that we must use to check in the Web Site if we have won or not.

Regards,
C. Ruwan

Send an email to KCC and confirm whether they received(selected for the further processing) or not. They will take 5-6 days to reply. I think you still have chance to select. :D

Thanks

It was a late to check unfortunately... but don't know whats going on with the document . any idea , how its gonna work for my secenario ???

CN : 2013AS00005***
1st NL Checked : 30th Oct 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 1st Nov 2012 DHL
Forms Received : 3rd Nov 2012 (DHL Confirmed)
KCC Confirmation : ?
visas : ??