• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2013 DV Winners from Srilanka

Thanks

Send an email to KCC and confirm whether they received(selected for the further processing) or not. They will take 5-6 days to reply. T think you have still have chance to select. :D

Thanks

Thanks perera, Yah i also had thought of giving a call to them and verify... on this... since can't wait till the update..

It was a late to check unfortunately... but don't know whats going on with the document . any idea , how its gonna work for my secenario ???

CN : 2013AS00005***
1st NL Checked : 30th Oct 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 1st Nov 2012 DHL
Forms Received : 3rd Nov 2012 (DHL Confirmed)
KCC Confirmation : ?
2nd NL : ?
PCC : ?
Medicals : ?
Interview : ?
visas : ??
Hi farook,
no need to worry because, most probably your case will be current on March or April so that KCC have enough time to process your case but its better to often mail or call KCC and check your status then they will help you sure.

CN : 2013AS000031**
1st NL Checked : 2nd May 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 16th May 2012 by Q-Post
KCC Confirmation : 16th June 2012 by e-mail
PCC Sri lanka: Done
PCC Qatar: Procssing

Yes Sujath,

I gave a call today but it seems a Holiday there , that's what i heard on IVR, aslo rather the status check, can we call them and ask for any mistakes done or any further documents we require on our Application ???

Thanks

First don't forget America is still sleeping. I don't know how many hours ahead you are but its not even 7 am in Kentucky. Second of al they wont tell you if you made mistakes. That's something you should know. You can try to make corrections via email or wait for the interview.
If you are missing any documents then KKC will send you an email they need more info from you.

Yes Sujath,

I gave a call today but it seems a Holiday there , that's what i heard on IVR, aslo rather the status check, can we call them and ask for any mistakes done or any further documents we require on our Application ???

Thanks
hi farook,
yes offcourse you can ask from KCC about your case status even any missing information during 7:30am until 4:00pm EST(telephone number is 606-526-7500 or send E-mail inquiry to KCCDV@state.gov)

but make sure your entry page and both application infomation you have filled should be same, i hope that minor errors are acceptable.

best of luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Sujath,

Thanks
hi farook,
yes offcourse you can ask from KCC about your case status even any missing information(telephone number is 606-526-7500 (7:30am until 4:00pm EST), or send E-mail inquiry to KCCDV@state.gov)

but make sure your entry page and both application infomation you have filled should be same, i hope that minor errors are acceptable.

best of luck

Hi,

I have got a reply from the US Embassy Colombo regarding the sponsorship letter/affidavit of support.
Seems like for 2013 DV we need an affidavit of support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Subject: RE: Query - 2013 DV Lottery Selectee
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

The regulations are different from DV 2012 to DV 2013. You need get an I-134 and supporting financial documents along with their 2011 tax papers from a sponsor.

Best Regards,
Consular Colombo

--
To ensure a prompt reply please include:
1) passport number (non-immigrant visas)
2) case number (immigrant visas).

Consular Colombo
U.S. Embassy Colombo, Sri Lanka
210 Galle Road Colombo 3

Embassy_Colombo_Logo fb twitter yt

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Hi,

I have got a reply from the US Embassy Colombo regarding the sponsorship letter/affidavit of support.

The regulations are different from DV 2012 to DV 2013. You need get an I-134 and supporting financial documents along with their 2011 tax papers from a sponsor.

Best Regards,
Consular Colombo

--

Consular Colombo
210 Galle Road Colombo 3

Hi again,

According to theUS Embassay Web Site The above fact seems true for Sri Lankan winners.
Check in the Colombo - http://srilanka.usembassy.gov/visas/diversity-visa-lottery-program.html

Check the "DV Checklist" in the last paragraph.

It asks for " Completed I-134 from someone willing to financially sponsor you and proof of income based on the most recent W2. "

/C.Ruwan

Thanks for this information. :cool:

Hi,

Best Regards,
Consular Colombo

--

Consular Colombo
210 Galle Road Colombo 3

Mr Perera ,

what does this means for
2nd NL : October 18, 2012 ??

will they send us another confirmation letter ??

Thanks in advance.

Hi Farook,

Yes they will send a another message, once your interview has been scheduled. Find below

You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

It contains your interview date, place,check list etc.
I received mine on October 18, 2012.

Thanks

Mr Perera ,

what does this means for
2nd NL : October 18, 2012 ??

will they send us another confirmation letter ??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I just received my 2nd NL (Interview Appointment letter)
Interview towards the end of January :)

Hope others who have their numbers current for Jan will get it soon.
keep updated.

/C. Ruwan

Hi ruwan,
its amazing, I have received my 2nd notification letter just now and interveiw shedule on January last week..... :):)

Sujath

CN : 2013AS000031**
1st NL Checked : 2nd May 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 16th May 2012 by Q-Post
KCC Confirmation : 16th June 2012 by e-mail
PCC Sri lanka: Done
PCC Qatar: Procssing
2nd NL : Nov 16, 2012
Interview : January Last week

Thanks Perera,

also wish you all the best for Ruwan, Sujath for upcoming interviews.
do share your interview experience post the event.

Thanks.

1st NL Checked : 2nd of May 2012

Sponsor letter or Affidavit ?

Any one who received the 2NL for an interview also request to submit the Affidavit form ???

Thanks Perera,

also wish you all the best for Ruwan, Sujath for upcoming interviews.
do share your interview experience post the event.

Thanks.

1st NL Checked : 2nd of May 2012

Hello friends,

I have a little problem regarding my police report. I applied for my police report in June 2012. Because I thought my interview will be schedule on October. However my interview scheduled in coming December 2012. My Police report will expire in January 2013, (I assume Police report validity period is 6months) just after my interview. I'm planing to go US in March 2013 due to personal reasons. Will it be a problem at point of entry?
Or Should I need to get another police report?

Please advise. Thank You