• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2013 DV Winners from Srilanka

Hello friends,

I have a little problem regarding my police report. I applied for my police report in June 2012. Because I thought my interview will be schedule on October. However my interview scheduled in coming December 2012. My Police report will expire in January 2013........................

This thread may be of help
http://forums.immigration.com/showt...ANCE-valid-for-when-using-Consular-Processing

'Firi' in there was a SLn, if I remember correct.
Usually the rule is that medical & police reports has to be valid at the time of POE. If any one of it expire before 6 mos from DV issuance, usually the DV stamp expiry date is adjusted to be shorter than 6 mos accordingly.

However, it is advisable to chk with the embassy on this.

Best!

What happens ,if the person we mentioned in the application not in a position to to provide the Affidavit support Form ??

It need not be the same contact person that you mention in DS 230.
You can ask someone else for it.
Also, if you want, you can change the contact info in the DS 230 at the intvw or even at the PoE.

Best!

PS: Do not mention/inform them before intvw that you are unable/difficult to get an i 134.
Try your best from someone you know. If not, take a chance (ie pay fees!) and face the intvw and show whatever max funds assets you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot NuvF,

it's really worth full , but in terms of funds , do you have any idea , how much would be the average Amount we got to show them or anything like that .

Thanks.

CN : 2013AS000096**
1st NL Checked : 1st May 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 28th May 2012
KCC Confirmation : I phoned and confirmed (Nov 08/2012)
PCC : Going on
Medicals : Not yet
Interview : ?
POE : ?

Hi friends,
I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question regarding the expiry date of police report. I have been in four countries (Including Sri Lanka). I have applied for police reports in all four countries, I have already got two of them (including the country currently where I live). I left Sri Lanka in 1989. In this situation, Will US Embassy still consider the expiry date of Sri Lankan police report? Because I have not been living in Sri Lanka last 23 years. I believe the expiry date of police report is applicable (should be considered) for the current country where I live.

Please advice.

Thanks

Kuna

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi NuvF,

I managed to get an I-134 from a person in USA.
But in the Question 11.

11. I ( ) intend (X) do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3.

Here he has selected 'I do not intend'.

Will this cause me an issue? or should I ask the embassy if it's acceptable?

Regards,
C. Ruwan

Hi NuvF,

I managed to get an I-134 from a person in USA.
But in the Question 11.

11. I ( ) intend (X) do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3.

Here he has selected 'I do not intend'.

Will this cause me an issue? or should I ask the embassy if it's acceptable?

Regards,
C. Ruwan

No I do not think it will be an issue. You should be fine.

I hope to write soon a bit more about this funny i134, for many of your info, probably during the week or at its end.
May be it will help those who won and are struggling to fulfill this requirement.

Best!

it could be an issue actually. it's highly recommended that your sponsor checks "i do intend". by filling I134 your sponsor takes full responsibility for you and your financial support.

Hi,

To be on the safe side, I checked this with the US Embassy in Colombo.
It seems like they are not interested in what answer the sponsor has given in the question 11.

They just want a completed "I-134" form, that's all!

Regards,
Ruwan

Hi friends,
I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question regarding the expiry date of police report. I have been in four countries (Including Sri Lanka). I have applied for police reports in all four countries, I have already got two of them (including the country currently where I live). I left Sri Lanka in 1989. In this situation, Will US Embassy still consider the expiry date of Sri Lankan police report? Because I have not been living in Sri Lanka last 23 years. I believe the expiry date of police report is applicable (should be considered) for the current country where I live.

Please advice.

Thanks

Kuna

Form I -134 filling with instructions , found a link on this , please have a check on this when time

Hi all ,

i found a link for guidance to fill this Form as below , but still i couldn't get a chance to find a person who can help me out of it...

http://www.immihelp.com/visitor-visa/affidavit-of-support-form-134-tips.html

Thanks ,
Regards ,
Farook

Hi friends,

Please advice.

Thanks

Kuna

Hi guys, Sorry for the delay, posting my Interview experience. I collected Me and Wife's visa today. I'll share my experience because others might helpful.

My interview was scheduled on 18th December. We showed up at the embassy main gate around 12:45PM (Had a 1PM appointment). We were waited outside till 1PM. After 1PM security allow us, to go inside. We went through security check. Went through second security check and came to another building.

Consulate at counter 1 ask sitting down to wait for our turn. After 10-15 mins Counter no 3 Consulate asked to pay visa fee for we both. (LKR. 89,200).

Sitting down to wait again. Counter no 2 Consulate ask for Bio metric scan. We did that. Sitting down to wait again. after another couple of mins again Consulate at counter 1 ask to submit our papers. (Police report, medicals affidavit etc...).

Sit back and wait for final interview

We called to a another room, Consulate(Chinese male) asked me a few general questions, like what I did for a living, When did you marry your wife. Wife's parents names, Wife's hobbies etc. It took nearly 5 mins. He didn't even check out wedding album. Finlay he
said "everything seems ok but your sponsors w2 form not in the your submitted document list." He gave me white paper with mentioning sponsor's 2011 W2 Form need to submit until that visa unable to issue.

I was really worried and ask from my sponsor about w2 form. He said he has 1099 form instead of w2 form(Because he working as a self employee). He said it wont be a problem. So I submitted that 1099 form with white paper 2days after my interview.

Last Friday(4th) I got a call from embassy and said "your visa ready for collection. come and pickup on next Tuesday." Finlay I collected our visas today(8th) and I'm really happy.

Congrats Mr. Perera,

and thanks for sharing the infor, yesterday only we got the 2nd NL confirmation mail, but still couldn't get a chance to check the details it seems an application error i think, i was trying from last night it self , keep on getting the same entrance check with different CAPTCHA Code...

Any way keep in touch with the site. and when are planning to fly and wanted to know , the tickets fair as well...

Thanks,
Farook

Hi Perera ,

And also , please let us know , for how many days , you have been given the Visa , was it for 6month or 1 month ?

I had the same probem Farook. Best option is to clear you history, cookies etc and then you should have no problems login in. That's what people on this forum suggested and it worked.