2011 March N-400 Tracker

Hi Folks:

Time has come for me. I have my interview tomorrow (June 7, Tuesday) at 9:00 am. I am prepared for the test. Tonight I will review my application form and all documentation I need to bring with me. I have decided to wear a tie and a jacket. I do not care if I will look like overdressed. I can look silly for a day, its OK for me :)

Since this morning, I've been a little bit nervous. This interview is really important for me. So, please wish me luck. You do not have to post a reply but please make the wish ! ;)

I will share my interview experience.

dakota2011 :eek:

dakota2011 , share with us the interview experience from today... how was it? what did they ask u? tell every thing u can remember... some of us are still few days before the due date and soooooo excited and nervous at the same time...

Update for all you Thread Watchers and Information Junkies:

Spouse received a text stating Oath Ceremony letter has been mailed. Funny enough, I was ahead of her by 2 days upto this point in most process.

Postphoning Interview

Is it possible to postphone the Interview ? I Completed my fingerprints during the first week of April and received my YL a week ago but no interview letter.

I plan on visiting family aboard for 35 days during the month of July and August... I rather not postphone my vacation.

Is there a process to re-schedule the interview or should i wait for the letter first ?

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to postphone the Interview ? I Completed my fingerprints during the first week of April and received my YL a week ago but no interview letter.

I plan on visiting family aboard for 35 days during the month of July and August... I rather not postphone my vacation.

Is there a process to re-schedule the interview or should i wait for the letter first ?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it is possible, but I am not sure if you want to do that. I am in the same position as you and I had made an Infopass appointment to ask them if there was anyway to expedite the process because I had a trip planned. And what they told me was that they can't expedite unless I'm being deployed (military), but I can always reschedule the appointment. They said that, if there is anybody who can check my mail while I was gone, I can prepare a letter ahead of time that states that I need to reschedule my appointment and the reason. Then when the appointment letter comes, the person can check it and mail the letter you prepared for you. This is what the IO told me.

Also, depending on when you are located, you might not even get an appointment letter while you are gone. I have been waiting 3 months so far and I have not received an interview letter. When I called the 800 number (cust. service), I was told I have been in the queue for an interview since March 30th!

The IO at the Infopass didn't think I will get an interview date before August as the DC area takes about 5 months from the time of filing.

Good luck...I hope this helps.

Dakota2011's Interview Experience:

I had my interview on Tuesday (June 7, 2011) at 9:00 am in Fargo, ND.

** I arrived at 8:55 am. Since I went there before for fingerprinting, it was easy to find which room to enter.

** At 8:58 am, I checked in with the front desk officer. She asked for my interview letter, yellow letter (if any), social security card, GC, driving license (or state ID), all passport(s) and any other travel documents. She took all available documents and asked me to take a seat.

** I took my seat and started to watch other people-- I was looking for pretty girls to start conversation. Suddenly, I realized that there were Africans, Asians, East Europeans, Middle Easterns, and Latins in the room. I was like "wowwww.. people form everywhere.. what a diversity!"

** At 9:25 am front desk officer called my name and asked for my "birth certificate". I was shocked at that moment because I was not supposed to bring my birth certificate..

** I went back to my seat.. and started to think about the "birth certificate" thing.. possible delay of the case.. bla bla.. Because of shock, panic and stress , I even didn't realize that all pretty girls in the room were looking at me.. :p

** At 9:50, finally, they called my name for the interview. My interview officer introduced herself. She was nice looking lady at middle 50s. We went to her office. She asked me to swear to tell the truth "please rise your right hand... bla..bla..bla.. Yes, I do" Then please seat.

** We first went through the N-400 document. We made 13 corrections on my form .. Sounds too many but she changed almost everything in the way that she could understand later.. I did not make any objections although I did think that all were incorrect/not necessary ..

** She told me that she found my birth certificate form in my Green Card application file.. OMG! OMG! It was great to hear that.. But I also learned that she had all my documents since from the Stone Age !!!!!!!!

** She specifically asked for the purpose of my trips to the home country.. Since one of the trips was for military service, she asked about that.

** During the yes/no type questions part, she all looked at my eyes. When I was answering her, I did look at her eyes too. We were about to fall in love :eek: I think she tried to catch if I was lying or not.. At some point of time, we looked at each others eyes 3 mins straight.. I felt like she was hypnotizing me to tell the truth :D

** Once N-400 review was finished, she started my English exam.

Reading "When is the Independence Day?"
Writing "Lincoln was the president during the Civil War."

** Then Civics exam
1. What is the name of the Vice President of the United States now?
2. What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?
3. Why did the colonists fight the British?
4. How many amendments does the Constitution have?
5. What is the supreme law of the land?
6. Who makes federal laws?

** Then she reviewed my N-400 again. She asked me to print my name on three/four papers: passing tests, confirming the corrections/changes on N-400, and the last page of N-400.

** She asked me to print my name on my photos too..

** Here is the best part.. She said that "I have made my decision and I am recommending your case for approval". I thanked to her and I did smile :eek:. Then, she gave me the form "Form 652N"
Checked Boxes are as follows:

--> Passed the tests.. Bla bla bla..
--> Congratulations.. Bla bla.. recommended for approval..

** She also told me that she is putting my name on the oath wait list for late August or early September.. Finally, she told me that she will be at the oath ceremony and looking to see me there.. I left the building at 10:50 am with a smiley face..

I think I was very lucky because I had a very nice and kind IO.. She was very polite to me.. I would like to thank to her once again ..

Special thanks to my dear friends who wished me good luck for my interview.. It really worked.. Thanks again :cool:

I will keep you updated with the further progress... I would like to wish all the best for you if you are waiting for the interview... Be prepared and you will see everyting will be OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is possible, but I am not sure if you want to do that. I am in the same position as you and I had made an Infopass appointment to ask them if there was anyway to expedite the process because I had a trip planned. And what they told me was that they can't expedite unless I'm being deployed (military), but I can always reschedule the appointment. They said that, if there is anybody who can check my mail while I was gone, I can prepare a letter ahead of time that states that I need to reschedule my appointment and the reason. Then when the appointment letter comes, the person can check it and mail the letter you prepared for you. This is what the IO told me.

Also, depending on when you are located, you might not even get an appointment letter while you are gone. I have been waiting 3 months so far and I have not received an interview letter. When I called the 800 number (cust. service), I was told I have been in the queue for an interview since March 30th!

The IO at the Infopass didn't think I will get an interview date before August as the DC area takes about 5 months from the time of filing.

Good luck...I hope this helps.

Yes, this helps a lot... Thank you!

I had my interview today, at Chicago local office..

My interview was scheduled for 9:25AM and I showed up about 9:15. I was surprised to see the huge crowd. Most of the people were badly dressed. I thought, this is going to be a long and boring day, but about 9:45 the pager vibrated and I was like WOW, that was quick...

The officer showed up and called my name. Didn't introduce her self. Went to her office and immediately requested a few documents including a GC, passport, etc. After that I took the civics test which was a joke (only 6 questions asked) and wrote "Citizens can vote" ;-). Then she went over the N-400 and made some minor corrections. Asked some employment questions, and what was the purpose of my last trip.. After that she recommended my case for approval and congratulated me. She said I will get my oath letter today. That was it. She kinda rushed through the N-400 and seemed like she wanted to get this done ASAP. Waited for about an hour for the oath letter..

Here is the quick timeline.

03/08 - Mailed package to Phoenix, AZ via USPS Express Mail
03/10 - Delivered
03/15 - Check cashed
03/18 - NOA received
03/21 - FP NOA received
03/25 - FP walk-in done
04/12 - Case transferred to a local office (as of online status)
04/16 - IL received (scheduled for Jun, 09)
05/12 - YL received
06/09 - Interview (recommended for approval), Oath letter given scheduled for Jun, 30

Here is the question I forgot to ask.

I see some people were asked to sign on the back of the pictures. Wasn't that supposed to be signed and mailed along with the N-400? Are those pictures we sent with the N-400 are going to be on the passport?

I got new pictures specifically for the passport. Will I be able to use them?

Here is the question I forgot to ask.

I see some people were asked to sign on the back of the pictures. Wasn't that supposed to be signed and mailed along with the N-400? Are those pictures we sent with the N-400 are going to be on the passport?

I got new pictures specifically for the passport. Will I be able to use them?

First of all congratulations hmz !!! I have to say that same day oath letter is a big thing. I wish I had the same thing.

Your Question: You are supposed to write your name and A# at the back of the pictures when sending them with the application. Then, at the interview, you are supposed to print your name on the front of these pictures. These pictures will be kept in your file for just in case -- they are not for passport.

For passport application you can use your new pictures or extra copies of what you submitted with the application file.

I had my interview today, at Chicago local office..

My interview was scheduled for 9:25AM and I showed up about 9:15. I was surprised to see the huge crowd. Most of the people were badly dressed. I thought, this is going to be a long and boring day, but about 9:45 the pager vibrated and I was like WOW, that was quick...

The officer showed up and called my name. Didn't introduce her self. Went to her office and immediately requested a few documents including a GC, passport, etc. After that I took the civics test which was a joke (only 6 questions asked) and wrote "Citizens can vote" ;-). Then she went over the N-400 and made some minor corrections. Asked some employment questions, and what was the purpose of my last trip.. After that she recommended my case for approval and congratulated me. She said I will get my oath letter today. That was it. She kinda rushed through the N-400 and seemed like she wanted to get this done ASAP. Waited for about an hour for the oath letter..

Here is the quick timeline.

03/08 - Mailed package to Phoenix, AZ via USPS Express Mail
03/10 - Delivered
03/15 - Check cashed
03/18 - NOA received
03/21 - FP NOA received
03/25 - FP walk-in done
04/12 - Case transferred to a local office (as of online status)
04/16 - IL received (scheduled for Jun, 09)
05/12 - YL received
06/09 - Interview (recommended for approval), Oath letter given scheduled for Jun, 30

Congratualtions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine will be June 27th, 2011

Dakota2011's Interview Experience:

I had my interview on Tuesday (June 7, 2011) at 9:00 am in Fargo, ND.

** I arrived at 8:55 am. Since I went there before for fingerprinting, it was easy to find which room to enter.

** At 8:58 am, I checked in with the front desk officer. She asked for my interview letter, yellow letter (if any), social security card, GC, driving license (or state ID), all passport(s) and any other travel documents. She took all available documents and asked me to take a seat.

** I took my seat and started to watch other people-- I was looking for pretty girls to start conversation. Suddenly, I realized that there were Africans, Asians, East Europeans, Middle Easterns, and Latins in the room. I was like "wowwww.. people form everywhere.. what a diversity!"

** At 9:25 am front desk officer called my name and asked for my "birth certificate". I was shocked at that moment because I was not supposed to bring my birth certificate..

** I went back to my seat.. and started to think about the "birth certificate" thing.. possible delay of the case.. bla bla.. Because of shock, panic and stress , I even didn't realize that all pretty girls in the room were looking at me.. :p

** At 9:50, finally, they called my name for the interview. My interview officer introduced herself. She was nice looking lady at middle 50s. We went to her office. She asked me to swear to tell the truth "please rise your right hand... bla..bla..bla.. Yes, I do" Then please seat.

** We first went through the N-400 document. We made 13 corrections on my form .. Sounds too many but she changed almost everything in the way that she could understand later.. I did not make any objections although I did think that all were incorrect/not necessary ..

** She told me that she found my birth certificate form in my Green Card application file.. OMG! OMG! It was great to hear that.. But I also learned that she had all my documents since from the Stone Age !!!!!!!!

** She specifically asked for the purpose of my trips to the home country.. Since one of the trips was for military service, she asked about that.

** During the yes/no type questions part, she all looked at my eyes. When I was answering her, I did look at her eyes too. We were about to fall in love :eek: I think she tried to catch if I was lying or not.. At some point of time, we looked at each others eyes 3 mins straight.. I felt like she was hypnotizing me to tell the truth :D

** Once N-400 review was finished, she started my English exam.

Reading "When is the Independence Day?"
Writing "Lincoln was the president during the Civil War."

** Then Civics exam
1. What is the name of the Vice President of the United States now?
2. What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?
3. Why did the colonists fight the British?
4. How many amendments does the Constitution have?
5. What is the supreme law of the land?
6. Who makes federal laws?

** Then she reviewed my N-400 again. She asked me to print my name on three/four papers: passing tests, confirming the corrections/changes on N-400, and the last page of N-400.

** She asked me to print my name on my photos too..

** Here is the best part.. She said that "I have made my decision and I am recommending your case for approval". I thanked to her and I did smile :eek:. Then, she gave me the form "Form 652N"
Checked Boxes are as follows:

--> Passed the tests.. Bla bla bla..
--> Congratulations.. Bla bla.. recommended for approval..

** She also told me that she is putting my name on the oath wait list for late August or early September.. Finally, she told me that she will be at the oath ceremony and looking to see me there.. I left the building at 10:50 am with a smiley face..

I think I was very lucky because I had a very nice and kind IO.. She was very polite to me.. I would like to thank to her once again ..

Special thanks to my dear friends who wished me good luck for my interview.. It really worked.. Thanks again :cool:

I will keep you updated with the further progress... I would like to wish all the best for you if you are waiting for the interview... Be prepared and you will see everyting will be OK.

Congratulations !!!!!!

Congratualtions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine will be June 27th, 2011

Thanks. Good luck on your date at let us know! My only suggestion be there on time! I was called so early, only 10min late after scheduled time.. Probably it will be a fully packed auditorium :)

Congrats, dakota2011 & hmz ! The hard (and nerve wrecking) part is behind you both.. enjoy your weekend relaxing ! :cool:

HI ALL

OMG i am so nervous, excited, about the die and u name it... my interview is on Monday noon time!!!

i cant wait to be after but at the same time, my stomach is upside down when i think about the interview.

plz all wish me luck... any suggestions how to calm my self ?!

soooo want to be over with it, celebrate and be an american!!!!!!!

HI ALL

OMG i am so nervous, excited, about the die and u name it... my interview is on Monday noon time!!!

i cant wait to be after but at the same time, my stomach is upside down when i think about the interview.

plz all wish me luck... any suggestions how to calm my self ?!

soooo want to be over with it, celebrate and be an american!!!!!!!

1. Study for the tests
2. Review your N-400 form
3. Do not forget to bring all documents, IDs, etc.
4. Attire properly
5. Be there on time
6. Be polite to the IO, show your respect to him/her

How to relax:
** Be prepared. You will feel better...
** Call loved ones; spouse/girl friend, siblings, parents...
** You can practice your religion...

Please remember that anything may happen during the interview. However, whatever happens, it is not the end of the world... Be prepared and make your best.. Then, lets see whats written for you :eek:

+ Do not forget to share your experience

MzlTv

Got some more questions.

I have received the oath letter after the interview. The oath letter indicates to show up at 9AM.

Today I have received the same letter, but indicates to show up at 10AM.

Both letters were generated on Jun 09, but the letter I received today contains a bar code while the one given after the interview does not.

The question which letter is correct?

Has anyone had experienced this?

Hi everyone,

Here are my timelines in San Jose.

3/15 - mailed overnight
3/16 - priority date
3/26 - NOA
4/5 - Fringerprint notice
4/6 - Fingerprints done (walk in)
5/13 - Interview in SJ
5/24 - oath done

Got some more questions.

I have received the oath letter after the interview. The oath letter indicates to show up at 9AM.

Today I have received the same letter, but indicates to show up at 10AM.

Both letters were generated on Jun 09, but the letter I received today contains a bar code while the one given after the interview does not.

The question which letter is correct?

Has anyone had experienced this?

I am not that experienced but I would show up for the 9AM one.... it never hurts to wait for an hour if you have to.