2011 March N-400 Tracker

Thank you so much Dakota! I will follow your steps!!! I think I have got everything! I just got my tax transcript from the IRS office (I was relieved)! I had faxed them a request but never received it in the mail!

Thanks again!

u'll b ok no need for all that I have 5 arrests immigration tried deportation in 2004 i still got my citizenschip nothing to worry about

Hi guys,

My interview is tomorrow at 10:20 am! I am very very nervous! Please keep me in your prayers! And if you have any tips on how to calm/unstress my self, please let me know!

I will come back and update you guys on how it went!

Don't be nervous.... Everything will be fine.... Relax.....

I passed!!

Hello everyone,

My interview was today and I passed!!! BUT I had not taken my marriage certificate with me so the nice IO gave me an appointment letter for tomorrow so that I can bring it to him and he told me he will schedule my oath for Thursday!! I am so happy but mad at myself for not taking my marriage certificate with me!!

OK here is my experience....
My appointment was at 10:20 am. I got to the waiting area at 10 am. I was called around 11:10 am. Once we were in his office, he made me swear to tell the truth. The first thing he asked me was if I had my marriage certificate, to which I answered no. I asked why it was needed since my GC was not based on marriage. he said that is now required from everybody who is married. Then he made me sit down, and went very quickly over my documents. He didn't go over my application line by line like some people said their IO did. He just asked "have you been arrested", "have you left the country for more than 6 months". I answered No to both questions. he asked me for my passport, driving license and green card. He took my driving license and green card and wrote something on his paper. He never opened my passport and told i can take it back. He then was writing and checking, circling lots of things on the documents, but I don't know what he wrote. Most of the time was spent him writing stuff, stapling etc... He then printed a document that had my citizenship certificate and made me review it. He asked me to initial it. He then proceeded to ask me the first 6 Civic questions. He asked me to write and read a sentence. He said I have passed and that he was going to schedule me for the Oath ceremony at 2pm. But he warned me that his supervisor is going to review his decision and that they might not allow me to do the oath without my marriage certificate. He said he doesn't care but the supervisor might. He then said "actually let me go ask him right now". he came back and said that yes I am required to have my marriage certificate but that he will give me an appointment letter for tomorrow for me to bring it and since there was no oath on Wednesday that he would schedule me for thursday. I tried to beg him a little bit by telling him I can bring it right now, but he didn't think I could make it on time. He said if by any reason I got delayed and I missed my oath, that my file will go back to the 'filing" place and will take weeks or months before i can get another chance. He said he was being nice to me and he was allowing me to bring it the next day. He said most IO will just say mail it and refuse to give an appointment for the next day. I said I know and fully understand and thanked him nicely and left!

My recommendation for everyone is to take your marriage certificate even if your GC was not based on marriage!

Thank you everyone for all your help and good luck to those that are still waiting for an interview or oath date!

Hello everyone,

My interview was today and I passed!!! BUT I had not taken my marriage certificate with me so the nice IO gave me an appointment letter for tomorrow so that I can bring it to him and he told me he will schedule my oath for Thursday!! I am so happy but mad at myself for not taking my marriage certificate with me!!

OK here is my experience....
My appointment was at 10:20 am. I got to the waiting area at 10 am. I was called around 11:10 am. Once we were in his office, he made me swear to tell the truth. The first thing he asked me was if I had my marriage certificate, to which I answered no. I asked why it was needed since my GC was not based on marriage. he said that is now required from everybody who is married. Then he made me sit down, and went very quickly over my documents. He didn't go over my application line by line like some people said their IO did. He just asked "have you been arrested", "have you left the country for more than 6 months". I answered No to both questions. he asked me for my passport, driving license and green card. He took my driving license and green card and wrote something on his paper. He never opened my passport and told i can take it back. He then was writing and checking, circling lots of things on the documents, but I don't know what he wrote. Most of the time was spent him writing stuff, stapling etc... He then printed a document that had my citizenship certificate and made me review it. He asked me to initial it. He then proceeded to ask me the first 6 Civic questions. He asked me to write and read a sentence. He said I have passed and that he was going to schedule me for the Oath ceremony at 2pm. But he warned me that his supervisor is going to review his decision and that they might not allow me to do the oath without my marriage certificate. He said he doesn't care but the supervisor might. He then said "actually let me go ask him right now". he came back and said that yes I am required to have my marriage certificate but that he will give me an appointment letter for tomorrow for me to bring it and since there was no oath on Wednesday that he would schedule me for thursday. I tried to beg him a little bit by telling him I can bring it right now, but he didn't think I could make it on time. He said if by any reason I got delayed and I missed my oath, that my file will go back to the 'filing" place and will take weeks or months before i can get another chance. He said he was being nice to me and he was allowing me to bring it the next day. He said most IO will just say mail it and refuse to give an appointment for the next day. I said I know and fully understand and thanked him nicely and left!

My recommendation for everyone is to take your marriage certificate even if your GC was not based on marriage!

Thank you everyone for all your help and good luck to those that are still waiting for an interview or oath date!

Congratulations MGTgrl!

For the marriage certificate thing all I can say is "It happens" :p

Anyways, I am happy to hear that your case has not been delayed because of that. Congratulations once again!

Cheers,
dakota2011 :eek:

FYI: I failed to reply your personal message since system says "The following errors occurred with your submission.
MGTgrl has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space. "

Hi Dakota,
Thanks! Yes, I did receive an email about my inbox is being full. I am going to delete some messages! But don't worry, no need to reply to my message :)

Chicago

04/04/2011 Receipt Notice (Form I-797) Received
04/13/2011 FP Notice received
05/05/2011 FP done
05/26/2011 IL received
07/13/2011 Interview (decision can not be made because of previous arrests)
07/18/2011 Oath Scheduling Queue (E-mail)
08/01/2011 e mail telling that the oath letter was sent
08/03/2011 oath letter received
08/19/2011 oath ceremony in Chicago

Update: Last 24 hours :)

Hi Friends:

My oath ceremony is on Friday; check in time 12:00, probably ceremony will start at 1:00 pm. If you do not mind, I have some questions. I am also writing all my reminders so that you can check if I missed anything.

1. Dressing Code: I will dress business casual with tie and jacket

2. Documets to bring:

a. Form N-445, Page 2 answered

Question 1: At the back of the page , I need to write the address at which the form is signed and dated. Are they referring the place of the oath or my living address?

b. Green Card: I did SCAN my Green Card (both sides); assuming that I may need a copy of later

c. Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document: I will bring all my travel documents since the beginning, such as I-20, passport, etc.

d. Any immigration documents you may have: See above (c)

e. Children related stuff: doesn't apply to me

In addition to these, I will bring the following just in case:

f. State ID/Driver's License

g. Social Security Card

h. All the forms/papers I got at and after my interview, such as, "you passed the test" document

3. Digital Camera: One of my friend is planning to come to the ceremony and he will take pictures/video. We will not bring any cell phones.
Question 2: Is there any dressing code for guests?

4. Other Questions:
Question 3: Assuming that there will be around 75 people for the oath ceremony Then, approximately how much time will the ceremony take from start (arriving site) to finish (leaving site).

Question 4: Do I need to return anything other than the Green Card?

Question 5: I will have my certificate. Other than the certificate, what documents they will give me at the ceremony?

Thank You.
dakota2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Fellow Americans & Future Fellow Citizens:

I am glad to announce you that last Friday, August 12, 2011, I took my oath and I became a U.S. Citizen.

I would like to thank to all friends and forum participants for their constant help and support. The information provided here was very useful and opened my eyes whenever I was in trouble.

At the next stage, I am planning to do the following in the given order:
** Visiting Social Security Agency and asking for a update
** Applying for a passport
** Registering for vote thing

I wish you all the best and good luck with your naturalization applications. Please remember that, whatever happens, never give up your hope!

dakota2011 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:
First of all congrats to all for becoming new citizens. And to all in the process... please don't be worried as it is a smooth process. Remember your past... you all got the green cards! Citizenship is just the second part of that process. Unless you have done something serious; minor misshaps are quite acceptable (I had some ;) ).
I became a citizen on the 11th August. Got my passport on the 12th :). Already registered to vote at the ceremony as the primaries are comming up soon.
Wish you all best of luck.
My next step would be to check into my I-130 case!!

i want to have such a short and easy interview as well!!! as you had HMZ :)

Hi Neway, any updates in your case?, I've got an email saying that my case in under review now, I was wondering how long takes until they take a decison? I heard that for some people here in Houston, took just 10 days.... we will see it...

Hi Neway, any updates in your case?, I've got an email saying that my case in under review now, I was wondering how long takes until they take a decison? I heard that for some people here in Houston, took just 10 days.... we will see it...

They usually reply within 45 days:
** Most of the time it takes 3 weeks to get an e-mail notification, depending on your case and district/local office workload
** If you will have no update within 45 days, call 800 customer service number.

The secret is being "patient", so just relax and enjoy your life. Sooner or later they will contact you :eek:

They usually reply within 45 days:
** Most of the time it takes 3 weeks to get an e-mail notification, depending on your case and district/local office workload
** If you will have no update within 45 days, call 800 customer service number.

The secret is being "patient", so just relax and enjoy your life. Sooner or later they will contact you :eek:

thanks Dakota... :) i hope so too to get a respond soon (a good one)