2011 June N-400 Tracker

Why do you think you should receive FP letter already? Did they tell they couldn't find your information?

Mainly because every other poster on this forum (and others where I checked for N 400 submitted recently) have received their FP letters just days after receiving NOA1.

In my case it's almost 3 weeks and still no change in status no FP letter received.

If I didn't browse this and other forums I wouldn't assume that anyone in similar timeline should receive FP notice ( the NOA1 says they will try to arrange for biometrics within 30 days and its' timing depends on how many applicants are ahead of you). However, "30 days" rule is just a print-out and does not reflect the actual processing times as do the numerous posts of other applicants who report to have received their FP letters within a day or two after NOA1.

Now, if timing depends on how many applicants are ahead , then how come everyone who applied in the same time span had received their Bio's within a day or two after NOA1 and I am still to hear about mine almost 3 weeks after NOA1?

Mainly because every other poster on this forum (and others where I checked for N 400 submitted recently) have received their FP letters just days after receiving NOA1.

In my case it's almost 3 weeks and still no change in status no FP letter received.

If I didn't browse this and other forums I wouldn't assume that anyone in similar timeline should receive FP notice ( the NOA1 says they will try to arrange for biometrics within 30 days and its' timing depends on how many applicants are ahead of you). However, "30 days" rule is just a print-out and does not reflect the actual processing times as do the numerous posts of other applicants who report to have received their FP letters within a day or two after NOA1.

Now, if timing depends on how many applicants are ahead , then how come everyone who applied in the same time span had received their Bio's within a day or two after NOA1 and I am still to hear about mine almost 3 weeks after NOA1?

In kahuni98's case it's more than just a days:

Day 010: 04/25/2011: N.O.A. RECEIVED
Day 029: 05/14/2011: F.P. notice dated 6/08

I wouldn't stress out about your case yet.

In kahuni98's case it's more than just a days:

Day 010: 04/25/2011: N.O.A. RECEIVED
Day 029: 05/14/2011: F.P. notice dated 6/08

I wouldn't stress out about your case yet.

How many posters on this thread alone have similar time lines ( FP 20 days after NOA1)?
In any event, in above referenced case, it was 19 days after NOA1. NOA1 was received by kahuni on day 10th.
It took 2 days for USPS to deliver the notice in my case. So, to make it comparable to my case, up to 8 days can be deducted from 19 days that took the referenced user to receive the FP notice, leaving 11 days between receipt of petition and Bio letter receipt.
I will wait until Wednesday, but tomorrow I will schedule an appointment with the immigration attorney and will ask him to enter an appearance.
There are many possibilities.
For one, some underpaid clerk could have entered the wrong data at lockbox , this in itself can cause an indefinite "limbo" status for an applicant.
Obviously, I am not one to wait until they discover their own error.
Two, they could have messed up in processing and "forgot" to mail out FP notice.
Finally, they could have sent it out and it could have been lost by USCIS. latter will give them grounds to claim later that I have abandoned my own petition and they could deny and make my re-apply regardless of whose fault it was.
800 misinformation line has nothing to do with USCIS and is there to mislead and get rid of callers.

The immigration attorney will be able to handle all of it, including via direct contact to local DO or USCIS , and they respond responsibly when they know you are an attorney representing a client as opposed some unknown entity (aka "applicant"), because they know they will have to defend their actions in court if you are represented by an attorney.

Should it turn out that my case was within normal processing times and no error whatsoever occurred then all I would lose is few hundred dollars in attorney fees.
The cost of not hiring one far outweighs the alternative.

I will keep posting and update of the progress in my case.

In the meantime , if there are posters who had to wait over 3 weeks after NOA1 , with no online status changes and no FP letters , please post about your timeline and experiences. It is best to compare to those who applied most recently, since the processing times at lockbox change constantly.

How many posters on this thread alone have similar time lines ( FP 20 days after NOA1)?
In any event, in above referenced case, it was 19 days after NOA1. NOA1 was received by kahuni on day 10th.
It took 2 days for USPS to deliver the notice in my case. So, to make it comparable to my case, up to 8 days can be deducted from 19 days that took the referenced user to receive the FP notice, leaving 11 days between receipt of petition and Bio letter receipt.
I will wait until Wednesday, but tomorrow I will schedule an appointment with the immigration attorney and will ask him to enter an appearance.
For one, some underpaid clerk could have entered the wrong data at lockbox , this in itself can cause an indefinite "limbo" status for an applicant.
Two, they could have messed up in processing and "forgot" to mail out FP notice.
Finally, they could have sent it out and it could have been lost by USCIS. latter will give them grounds to claim later that I have abandoned my own petition and they could deny and make my re-apply regardless of whose fault it was.
800 misinformation line has nothing to do with USCIS and is there to mislead and get rid of callers.

The immigration attorney will be able to handle all of it, including via direct contact to local DO or USCIS , and they respond responsibly when they know you are an attorney representing a client as opposed some unknown entity (aka "applicant"), because they know they will have to defend their actions in court if you are represented by an attorney.

Should it turn out that my case was within normal processing times and no error whatsoever occurred then all I would lose is few hundred dollars in attorney fees.

In the meantime , if there are posters who had to wait over 3 weeks after NOA1 , with no online status changes and no FP letters , please post about your timeline and experiences. It is best to compare to those who applied most recently, since the processing times at lockbox change constantly.

I wouldn't rely on calculation of days. It's USCIS, there are no days to calculate with them. Second and thrid options are very doubt, although possible. I don't think they "forgot" to mail it since it is now done via computer database which tracks every applicant and reminds them if they "forgot".
I'm not 100% sure but as far as I know, attorneys are very limited in dealing with USCIS. Plus I'm almost positive attorney's gonna charge you and not gonna do anything before period of 30 days expires as it says on your NOA. I just never heard attorney practically helped someone. I might be wrong so you can ignore me.

We have pretty simliar time line.
I mailed out on 6/15/2011, and i am scheduled for fringer prints on 7/21.
There is no way the mail get lost. I mean if USCIS scheduled for finger prints, it will appears on your online status, such as, "on 6/**, we mailed you notice for finger prints..."

I am scheduling an appointment with the immigration attorney , he will enter as representative on my behalf.

Was crucial mistake to file on my own. If some underpaid clerk failed to enter the data properly or just "forgot" to mail out FP notice, there is no way I can ever find out anything from 800 misinformation line. I will not be one to sit and wait for "denied due to abandoned application" with "oh, we mailed it to you but you failed to do your part" BS.

My advise to all: get an immigration lawyer to file ANY paperwork.

Good luck to all N 400 applicants

lol you are a lawyer's dream.....Filing an N400 with no extenuating circumstances is very easy, even a trained monkey can do it.....And I think you need to stop stressing out about the FP letter, it will come eventually, you are looking at a very small sample size when talking about days....for me it took about 2 weeks, may take longer for some

if there are posters who had to wait over 3 weeks after NOA1 , with no online status changes and no FP letters , please post about your timeline and experiences. It is best to compare to those who applied most recently, since the processing times at lockbox change constantly.

Regardless of individual experiences, you should expect to wait up to 3 months after after receiving NOA to receive FP.

06/1/11 N400 mailed by FEDX
06/27/11 FB Completed (Myself, Spouse and Daughter)
06/29/11 In line for Interview status (For Spouse and Daughter Applications)
In line for Interview status (Personal)
Interview Letter for Wife and Daughter

Regardless of individual experiences, you should expect to wait up to 3 months after after receiving NOA to receive FP.

Why one should expect it to take 3 months to issue FP notice when many report to have gone through interview in the same timeframe?
Why do you think one should expect to wait 3 months for FP notice?

Please elaborate your point of view. If it's reasonable I won't disagree.

lol you are a lawyer's dream.....Filing an N400 with no extenuating circumstances is very easy, even a trained monkey can do it.....And I think you need to stop stressing out about the FP letter, it will come eventually, you are looking at a very small sample size when talking about days....for me it took about 2 weeks, may take longer for some

I don't know about a monkey but I never disputed that a human being can fill out N-400 form.

Petitions are not adjudicated by robots though, they are processed (and finally adjudicated) by number of individuals and any of those individuals could make an error.

Something as simple as wrong data entry at lockbox could cause an indefinite delay until after it was discovered. A USPS driver making a human mistake of losing or not delivering your Bio/I-797C could cause denial of petition based on 'abandoned due to missed FP appointment'.

Having an immigration attorney allows someone familiar with the process to professionally address any of occurrences.

We have pretty simliar time line.
I mailed out on 6/15/2011, and i am scheduled for fringer prints on 7/21.
There is no way the mail get lost. I mean if USCIS scheduled for finger prints, it will appears on your online status, such as, "on 6/**, we mailed you notice for finger prints..."

Thanks, theory611.
Updating online status is a huge benefit! At least they let you know if the notice is mailed or not.
I can't count how many times had I walked to my neighbor and delivered their mail (mistakenly delivered to our mailbox). It's not because USPS employee is evil or has ill intentions, it's just HUMAN nature, we all may make errors and mistakes in the course of routine tasks performed on a daily basis. One of most probable concerns was what if USCIS mailed the notice and it got lost , how am I going to find out unless after it may be too late?

Why one should expect it to take 3 months to issue FP notice when many report to have gone through interview in the same timeframe?
Why do you think one should expect to wait 3 months for FP notice?

Please elaborate your point of view. If it's reasonable I won't disagree.
USCIS doesn't have to have a reason or reasons to delay any cases. Look NYC post, there is a guy got Oath letter after interview at Garden City, same day oath letter. In most cases, it is impossible to get oath letter right after interview in NYC, however, that simply doesn't apply to everyone. We don't know the reason and of cuz USCIS won't give you any.
I totally agree with you, FP shouldn't take more than a few weeks in most cases. All we can do is keep calling and make infor. pass to let USCIS pay more attention on your case.
Keep us post.

Thanks, theory611.
Updating online status is a huge benefit! At least they let you know if the notice is mailed or not.
I can't count how many times had I walked to my neighbor and delivered their mail (mistakenly delivered to our mailbox). It's not because USPS employee is evil or has ill intentions, it's just HUMAN nature, we all may make errors and mistakes in the course of routine tasks performed on a daily basis. One of most probable concerns was what if USCIS mailed the notice and it got lost , how am I going to find out unless after it may be too late?

What is your online status say? still at initial review?

So when does online status Initial Review change? When FP letter sent, or when FP done, or when interview letter sent?

Also how do you know if FP letter was mailed?
I've applied with Dallas office, and I believe they don't have text/email notifications service.

So when does online status Initial Review change? When FP letter sent, or when FP done, or when interview letter sent?

Also how do you know if FP letter was mailed?
I've applied with Dallas office, and I believe they don't have text/email notifications service.

I think the online status changes to "Tesing and Interview" after FP is taken.
you know the FP letter mailed by checking online status.
Hope this will help.

What is your online status say? still at initial review?

FP letter not received yet. I believe OS will stay at 'initial review' until after the FP taken.
Consulted with an immigration attorney who smiled and suggested not to worry for no reason.

So, we will wait another week or so. If FP notice is not received by 18th of July then we will initiate an inquiry.

Good luck to all N-400 applicants!

When was it received by USCIS?
The processing time starts when it's received by regional office and NOA1 mailed out.