2011 June N-400 Tracker

06/20/2011 - n400 mailed via usps
06/24/2011 - received by uscis
06/29/2011 - check cashed
07/01/2011 - noa1 received in mail - [priority date june 24]
07/08/2011 - FP Letter Sent

I have read few threads where people were actually denied because USCIS assumed they have abandoned their petitions , just because the notice was mailed but never reached the recipient.
There is no tracking , no signature or anything required for such an IMPORTANT OFFICIAL MAIL. Very easy for it to get lost or delivered to wrong house/bldg etc.

It would take a lot of stress out if we were allowed . as an option, to pay extra fees to have all correspondence mailed to us via FedEx, UPS or USPS with tracking options. That's the only way to make sure that the correspondence is delivered (or, if lost, at least you can place a trace request with carrier and/or immediately request to re-schedule your appointment).

I sent my N400 in 06/29/11 and I got my receipt with the last sentence: You should expect to be notified within 365 days of this notice. Did anyone receive similar statement like this?

Just checked, mine actually says "you will be notified within 730 days"... :confused:

j/k

what you have got is a generic I-797C NOA , used to be issued by VSC (probably still not updated).

Congrats N400MD...I have sent mine to Phoenix,AZ received on 06/15..still waiting on my FP letter. Hopefully, I will get it soon.

Anyone has experience with Phoenix,AZ waiting time for FP? Please share, it will much appreciated.

To seth_nat400

I see in your signature that you did walk-in biometrics prior to the biometrics appointment....
Can you tell me how can I do a walk-in biometrics? Do I just... WALK-IN??

I'm filing in new york as well, if my case is going at your pace... my biometrics appointment will be too late for my shceduled trip... so please give me some tip on the walk-in buometrics!!

My timeline--
October 2006 P.R.
July 8, 2011 - N-400 package received by USCIS at TX
July 11, 2011 - Check cashed
& Planning a trip on August 8, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats N400MD...I have sent mine to Phoenix,AZ received on 06/15..still waiting on my FP letter. Hopefully, I will get it soon.

Some posters report FP being mailed more than a month after NOA1.

However, you would be better off placing an inquiry and making sure it wasn't mailed and lost.

The worst possible scenario is that USPS loses the ASC document and USCIS denies your application "due to abandonment". You certainly don't want that to happen.

Good luck.

To seth_nat400

I see in your signature that you did walk-in biometrics prior to the biometrics appointment....
Can you tell me how can I do a walk-in biometrics? Do I just... WALK-IN??

I'm filing in new york as well, if my case is going at your pace... my biometrics appointment will be too late for my shceduled trip... so please give me some tip on the walk-in buometrics!!

My timeline--
October 2006 P.R.
July 8, 2011 - N-400 package received by USCIS at TX
July 11, 2011 - Check cashed
& Planning a trip on August 8, 2011

you literary walk in with appointment letter and GC in hand..

Online status says FP notice mailed but not received even after 2 weeks

Sent application - 6/16. By priority mail to Phoenix, AZ.
USCIS email and text confirmations received: 6/21
check cashed 6/21
Notice of Action received in the mail - 6/25
Online status - FP letter mailed - 6/30
Receive appointment letter for fingerprinting - Not yet received!! It has been more than 2 weeks.

Called USCIS - they cannot do anything until it has been 30 days from the "priority date" (which was 6/21 in my case). Anyone else facing this situation? What can I do besides waiting and hoping that my FP appointment is not past already?

check cashed 6/21
Receive appointment letter for fingerprinting - Not yet received!! It has been more than 2 weeks.

Called USCIS - they cannot do anything until it has been 30 days from the "priority date" (which was 6/21 in my case). Anyone else facing this situation? What can I do besides waiting and hoping that my FP appointment is not past already?

Good question. There is nothing you can do now, except wait until it was 30 days from the "priority date", and if you don't receive FP letter by then , you can make an inquiry and have it mailed to you again.

One of the posters on this forum suggested that you can hire the attorney to enter on your behalf OR ask one of your relatives or friends to enter on your behalf as preparers of the petition. I don't know if latter would work, but the logic is that if you have preparer then , just as if you had an attorney, the USCIS would generate 2 copies of all correspondence and send to both addresses thus minimizing the likelihood of two mail pieces getting lost.

I would hire an attorney if at any stage any correspondence was not delivered within the time specified in instructions. The main problem is that petition can be denied as "abandoned" if USPS loses and fails to deliver the Bio letter or any other important correspondence from CIS.
But you should also keep in mind that sometimes it may take USPS longer than normal transit time to deliver a mail, so give it a time, wait until after 30 days from PD and then make an inquiry.

Good luck.

Where is FP letter mailed from? From local office or from a place where we send N400 to?
I got notification on July 8th that it was sent but haven't received yet.

to N400MD:
You gotta be very unlucky if usps loses FP letter. I don't recall USPS losing any letter that was addressed to me; times when usps delayed and confused - yes, lost - no.

I agree that is it very rare for USPS to lose a peice of mail. It seems like there is some backlog in mailing at USCIS's end.

Where is FP letter mailed from? From local office or from a place where we send N400 to?
I got notification on July 8th that it was sent but haven't received yet.

to N400MD:
You gotta be very unlucky if usps loses FP letter. I don't recall USPS losing any letter that was addressed to me; times when usps delayed and confused - yes, lost - no.

Don't ever forget about the Murphy's law

check cashed 6/21

I am in the same dilemma.
06/09 N400 sent to Phoenix, AZ
06/13 N400 received
06/13 priority date
06/16 NOA sent
06/20 NOA received
XX/XX FP sent
So far my online status is still initial review. today is the 30 days from my priority and I have not received my FP.