2010 June N-400 tracker

My online case status is updated that a letter has been sent for interview and case transferred to local office.

----------------------------------
USCIS center-TX
Local DO - Dallas, Tx
06/13/10 - Mailed N-400 (Dallas Lockbox Facility)
06/16/10 - Pkt delivrd
06/29/10 - FP received
07/16/10 - FP Done on actual date
08/05/10 - Case transferred to local office
xxxx - interview date

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Hollywoodfj. Greatly appreciate your view.
Checked with FBI customer service. FP was completed and forwarded to USCIS the same day. I understand that Hartford is slow sending in the IL, but is the next process 'transfering file to local office' a USCIS Dallas event?.

san1, would you mind telling me what to do to check with FBI customer service if the background check was completed and forwarded to USCIS? Appreciate it.

Hi Slan,

Pls call the FBI customer service at 304-625-5590. Have your A # ready with you when you call.

Best of luck!!!
San1

Hi Slan,

Pls call the FBI customer service at 304-625-5590. Have your A # ready with you when you call.

Best of luck!!!
San1

What is the purpose of this call? What do you intend to do after you find out that the FBI processed and sent your FP results to USCIS within an hour of same day of your fingerprinting? Do you plan to place a call to USCIS for a special rush order? Whatever NOA you are waiting for will arrive when it does, go about your life outside N400 and stop giving yourself high blood pressure for nothing.

Peace of mind and a sense of control over a process that applicants don't have.

In any case, he should go ahead and report here, lets hear what it is that can be done with this sense of control, which I call unnecessary worry. On average, the processing time is 5 months and in this case its not even two months from original application and barely two weeks after FP, so I really don't get it.

In any case, he should go ahead and report here, lets hear what it is that can be done with this sense of control, which I call unnecessary worry. On average, the processing time is 5 months and in this case its not even two months from original application and barely two weeks after FP, so I really don't get it.
There could be plenty of reasons. For example, someone wanting to travel to India right after FP for a few weeks wants to make sure that FP was accepted instead of running the risk of receiving another FP letter while they are out of the US.

There could be plenty of reasons. For example, someone wanting to travel to India right after FP for a few weeks wants to make sure that FP was accepted instead of running the risk of receiving another FP letter while they are out of the US.

I understand that there could be many reasons out of this world but I was responding based on details provided, not reasons that "could be" that he has a ticket to go to Mars tonight/in the near future or it "could be" that the world is about to end. If he had stated the reason you mentioned then perhaps my response would have been different, people who need help usually state their reasons, there is no reason why not instead of expecting people to be mind readers and continue to ramble on a good/well tailored response to the actual case in point, we are all anonymous to each other here anyway so there is no need not to state one's reason(s). Many people here are just jittery which is understandable but to make that a reason to call the FBI or USCIS is merely a waste of everyone's time hence delaying people's cases because FBI and USCIS agents have to answer such lousy calls instead of processing applications. Even Slan has not yet been able to provide the reason why there is this need to call the FBI, USCIS, etc other than that according to other applicants' applications they usually get their case transfered to the DO within 3 weeks or he just wants to chat with and perhaps make friends with one of their reps or something. Slan, please clarify instead of having people guess what "could be" your reason.
Just so I ask explicitly, ok, so Slan what is the reason for this frantic behavior with the need for an exigent call to the FBI, USCIS, White House, etc?

I understand that there could be many reasons out of this world but I was responding based on details provided, not reasons that "could be" that he has a ticket to go to Mars tonight/in the near future or it "could be" that the world is about to end. If he had stated the reason you mentioned then perhaps my response would have been different, people who need help usually state their reasons, there is no reason why not instead of expecting people to be mind readers and continue to ramble on a good/well tailored response to the actual case in point, we are all anonymous to each other here anyway so there is no need not to state one's reason(s). Many people here are just jittery which is understandable but to make that a reason to call the FBI or USCIS is merely a waste of everyone's time hence delaying people's cases because FBI and USCIS agents have to answer such lousy calls instead of processing applications. Even Slan has not yet been able to provide the reason why there is this need to call the FBI, USCIS, etc other than that according to other applicants' applications they usually get their case transfered to the DO within 3 weeks or he just wants to chat with and perhaps make friends with one of their reps or something. Slan, please clarify instead of having people guess what "could be" your reason.
Just so I ask explicitly, ok, so Slan what is the reason for this frantic behavior with the need for an exigent call to the FBI, USCIS, White House, etc?

Dude, with all due respect, who do you think you are? People have questions and they ask. If you have the answer, give it, or just go browse a different thread. Whether the dude who wants to call FBI wants to go to Mars or Madrid is of no material interest to any of the forum members. People ask questions. Those who have an answer, or think they have an answer, and want to provide the answer, do it. That's all to it.

Dude, with all due respect, who do you think you are? People have questions and they ask. If you have the answer, give it, or just go browse a different thread. Whether the dude who wants to call FBI wants to go to Mars or Madrid is of no material interest to any of the forum members. People ask questions. Those who have an answer, or think they have an answer, and want to provide the answer, do it. That's all to it.

What is the purpose of this call? What do you intend to do after you find out that the FBI processed and sent your FP results to USCIS within an hour of same day of your fingerprinting? Do you plan to place a call to USCIS for a special rush order? Whatever NOA you are waiting for will arrive when it does, go about your life outside N400 and stop giving yourself high blood pressure for nothing.

Only reason is as Bobsmyth mentioned, there is a possibility of a trip and for peace of mind I want to make sure I won't have to do another FP while out. I wonder what gets you so agitated about this.

Only reason is as Bobsmyth mentioned, there is a possibility of a trip and for peace of mind I want to make sure I won't have to do another FP while out. I wonder what gets you so agitated about this.

I'm not agitated, just being logical. Now you are hiding behind someone else's assumption. Do you have a trip that you MUST make or not? Don't come with "a possibility of a trip just like he said" when you only implied peace of mind originally. When people have trips to make they state everything about the timeline and how it may affect their next NOA, it is clear you are simply hiding behind someone else's statement that it "could be" a trip without reason. If everyone else also wanted your kind of peace of mind, then the FBI and USCIS would just answer calls all day without being able to do their job.

I'm not agitated, just being logical. Now you are hiding behind someone else's assumption. Do you have a trip that you MUST make or not? Don't come with "a possibility of a trip just like he said" when you only implied peace of mind originally. If everyone else also wanted your kind of peace of mind, then the FBI and USCIS would just answer calls all day without being able to do their job.

Look, I don't have to account for my questions or reasons why. However, what I said is the truth of it. You are free to take it or not. The date of the possible trip is coming near and I was hoping to hear beforehand. I'm not even planning to call unless the trip becomes imminent but I wanted to find out how san1 did it since I hadn't found out on my own research and I wanted to have that information in case it becomes necessary. I understand that you believe that people calling delays applications and I don't know if you are correct on this or not. The intention is not to delay anything. I don't believe is correct to accuse others of "hiding" or "giving themselves high blood pressure", etc. This forum is for people who are interested in this subject and are willing to help their fellows with any questions, etc. If you have something you need help with or something you wish to contribute to others in the forum, please do so.

Look, I don't have to account for my questions or reasons why. However, what I said is the truth of it. You are free to take it or not. The date of the possible trip is coming near and I was hoping to hear beforehand. I'm not even planning to call unless the trip becomes imminent but I wanted to find out how san1 did it since I hadn't found out on my own research and I wanted to have that information in case it becomes necessary. I understand that you believe that people calling delays applications and I don't know if you are correct on this or not. The intention is not to delay anything. I don't believe is correct to accuse others of "hiding" or "giving themselves high blood pressure", etc. This forum is for people who are interested in this subject and are willing to help their fellows with any questions, etc. If you have something you need help with or something you wish to contribute to others in the forum, please do so.

Of course I look to contribute to others as well as gaining from others' contributions. But when you have an issue, please be clear form the onset what the issue is so that matter are not drawn out based on what "could be" the issue you are having because none of us has a crystal ball to draw an accurate reason why you need an answer for what we don't know.

slan - You owe no explanation! Just ask the other dude to stick it in.

@slan - You owe no explanation in this forum. Those who ride the high horse will do well to know the netiquette of this forum. People like us ask questions and we answer them, if we know and want to share them. That's it. None of us can arrogate to himself or herself the position of being a spokesperson for either the FBI or USCIS. If they are that concerned about workload on those agencies, they can try pro bono opportunities instead of trying to be a quid nunc as to why somebody wanted to know the FBI contact info etc.

Just ask the other person to stick it in, or just plain ignore. You owe no personal explanations to anybody, unless until, it materially helps elicit an answer.. In this case, it's atrocious that this dude is asking for things that are absolutely extraneous.

@poongunranar - Thank you. I hope he rethinks his behavior in the forum and doesn't feel compelled to answer to posts or questions that were even asked to another specific member who had the information and for which he has no valuable answer except for some bullying remark.

slan - Your Question was 100% Valid

@poongunranar - Thank you. I hope he rethinks his behavior in the forum and doesn't feel compelled to answer to posts or questions that were even asked to another specific member who had the information and for which he has no valuable answer except for some bullying remark.
At times, it is disappointing to see such bullying, but then, may be the other friend wasn't in a good mood. That much said, your question, once used to be a popular question with a sticky at the 485-issues thread somewhere around 2002-2003. So, to presume, that you had no other job than to ask questions that were extraneous is not only presumptuous, but preposterous too. So, don't worry about it.

Let's move on. Cheers.

Its been almost 2 weeks since i did my FP. No change in status on the USCIS website other than "On dddd, we sent a notice for RFE (my FP notice basically). I saw a lot of June filers have their case transfered to local office in a week or two.. should I just wait for some more time or should I be already calling USCIS?

Its been almost 2 weeks since i did my FP. No change in status on the USCIS website other than "On dddd, we sent a notice for RFE (my FP notice basically). I saw a lot of June filers have their case transfered to local office in a week or two.. should I just wait for some more time or should I be already calling USCIS?

Check the tracker spreadsheet. The delay could be due to the District Office as well as the priority date. Even in my case, status quo continues without any update. Even my LUD still remains as it was when a similar message for FP was updated.

Thanks poongunranar. I checked the spreadsheet. The one other person from June in Norfolk DO (same as mine) - Superho got his case transfered in a matter of days and hence I was curious. Btw, I wonder if there is a link from outside the June 2010 forum to this google spreadsheet that tracks everyone;s case update