2010 June N-400 tracker

Hi guys,

I couldn't help it and I contacted USCIS today to inquire about my case.

My question to them was: Since June 22 my case status online did not change, I did my FP 30 days and I received the Yellow Letter (they call it Interview Check list Letter) also about 30 days ago, but I have not heard anything from USCIS. Have they scheduled an interview for me yet or if there is any hold on my case that it has stopped from mvoing to the next level.

The answer: Since July 16th my case is clear (including FP and background check) for testing/interview and on that date my name was put on a queue to get an interview date. Since I live in NYC, there is a long wait for an interview date to open in the system, therefore I will not receive an update status until they are able to schedule my Interview date, then I will see online that my case was transferred to the local office.

I know it hasn't even been 2 months yet (4 days short of 2 months), but like everyone else I'm a little anxious and would love to get this over with. I just hope the information I received is correct. :)

Question about IRS tax transcript

I ordered 5 yr tax transcript from IRS. I got 5 enveloped. I got 4 years of information and for tax yr ending 2005, it says that tax transcripts are available only for current year and 3 years earlier to that. I read that people carry 5 year tax transcripts - can someone please explain how to get it? Thanks,

Question about two different numbers on NOA

Hi,
I find an application number (NBC*) in the top line of the NOA I received right after I sent my N-400 appln. On the bottom, there is a NBC$ # that is slightly different from the NBC* number. I have been using the NBC* to sign up for updates from uscis website. What is this # at the bottom of the page and why is it different?? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dilbert

dilbert30 the nbc*xxxxxxxxx on the top of the noa is your receipt number thats what you use to track case status online, the nbc$ at the bottom of the page is not, its a number uscis used to track your payments,[so i was told , cant say if its 100% true]

I ordered 5 yr tax transcript from IRS. I got 5 enveloped. I got 4 years of information and for tax yr ending 2005, it says that tax transcripts are available only for current year and 3 years earlier to that. I read that people carry 5 year tax transcripts - can someone please explain how to get it? Thanks,

You have to ask for Account Transcript ,it has all that is on the basic transcript but it also tells you if you owe tax, how much you owe, how much you paid and whats your balance, so you can call for account transcript for the year that your missing, Well i ordered 5 yrs of account transcript instead of the basic transcript.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.
On the IRS website, it says even for the account transcript, you get current + 3 past years. I will call IRS in the next day or so. Btw, is every applicant expected to bring tax transcripts to the interview? I know a lot of folks carry (and I will also) lots of documents but I heard the Interview letter asks you to bring only id??

FP done. Appointment was for 2pm. Security asked if I had appointment and asked to see ID. Once inside - filled a form about biographical information. I was called immediately inside. I was asked for FP notice and Greencard. Took fingreprints and photo. My FP notice was stamped and returned to me along with my GC. Also got a booklet and CD for new naturalization test. I was out at 2:11pm.

Hello All,

I just realized that I forgot to mention that , I was not using my last name before coming to US, more than 10 years back. In the N-400 form I just put "NA" where they asked have you ever used any other name. Same thing with my wife's name too. Do you think that can be a problem ?
Any one having similar experience please reply.

Hey poongunranar, any update on ur case?? I have no update since the RFE for FP was sent. No Yellow letter, no change of online status or date last updated..Nothing :-( Its 3 weeks since the walk in FP I did.. From the spreadsheet, it looks to me like the updates following FP (transfer to local office) seem to be a function of PD on NOA mostly..

No updates whatsoever for me too :-(

Hey poongunranar, any update on ur case?? I have no update since the RFE for FP was sent. No Yellow letter, no change of online status or date last updated..Nothing :-( Its 3 weeks since the walk in FP I did.. From the spreadsheet, it looks to me like the updates following FP (transfer to local office) seem to be a function of PD on NOA mostly..

Hey dilbert30, same here. Absolutely no update as you have stated. Note it is not just a function of PD on NOA; but also on the District Office, besides a small possibility about whether we are already past the 5 or 3 year mark or still have 90 days to go.

As far as the residency requirements I am well over 5 years since I got my GC. The only thing I was waiting for until July 2010 was to complete 3 months or 90 days at my new residence state before I sent the forms.. Dealing with USCIS is always :confused: oh well, we have to be patient and wait for our turn.

As far as the residency requirements I am well over 5 years since I got my GC. The only thing I was waiting for until July 2010 was to complete 3 months or 90 days at my new residence state before I sent the forms.. Dealing with USCIS is always :confused: oh well, we have to be patient and wait for our turn.

We will be regularly visiting this thread and so we will know how things are going :) Patience....yeah....WTF. Wa ha ha.

NY - Brooklyn

4/15 -- N-400 sent
4/20 -- Received NOA
6/3 -- FP Received
6/29 -- FP Scheduled
6/29 -- FP Completed
8/2 -- Interview Letter
9/8 -- Interview Date (Garden City, NY)

?

xx/xx/2010 : Oath Date
xx/xx/2010 : USC Date
xx/xx/2010 : Passport Application
xx/xx/2010 : Passport Received

citizenB
Thats great your case moving along, our timeline is about 2 weeks off, so i guess i should be getting my interview letter by the end of the month,i hope so!!

citizenB
Thats great your case moving along, our timeline is about 2 weeks off, so i guess i should be getting my interview letter by the end of the month,i hope so!!

knavigator1 - Did you get a LUD on the case-status when you received the "Yellow-Letter"? (And is it really on an yellow-envelope? Just curious.)

As best I recall, everyone who's been through the process recently has received only the following updates to case status:
1. "RFE" state meaning they issued the fingerprint letter.
2. Transfer to local office.
That's it. I received a yellow letter, but it didn't change my online case status any. Furthermore, although I had my interview, was approved, received OL and am just waiting for my Oath ceremony, my online status is still at "transferred to local office." I'm pretty sure others have reported it stays there forever (even after oath). But at that point, who cares, you're a USC.

Really, the online status is useless, except for the wonderful "transferred to local office" transition, which is always most welcome!

Program........
My case status didnt change when i got the Yellow letter!
The Envelope is white with the USCIS address , its the paper/letter inside that is yellow, remember that not everyone gets one!

Hi ppl, I got an update via sms / email on my case this morning.. My case has been transfered to the local office and the blue button on the case update site now is on the "Testing and Interview" section. LUD on the case is 8/19

poongunranar, im right below yours but FP on scheduled date. I have GC over 10 years and am still waiting for an update