2010 June N-400 tracker

Lolitochka - No, I didn't get YL. Just IL alone.

Apparently some people get YL (letter printed on a yellow paper) which asks the applicant to bring additional documents.

Hows your case moving?

poonrgunnar - i hope ur case starts moving along too. i got my i/v letter today and its scheduled on 9/23.. I didnt get any Yellow color letter but this notice I got today for the interview lists out the documents I need to bring - basically PP, GC. selective service letter etc.

poonrgunnar - i hope ur case starts moving along too. i got my i/v letter today and its scheduled on 9/23.. I didnt get any Yellow color letter but this notice I got today for the interview lists out the documents I need to bring - basically PP, GC. selective service letter etc.

dilbert30 - Thanks. I hope too. So far, no updates. I think it's due to Atlanta. Will keep fingers crossed.

dilbert30 - Thanks. I hope too. So far, no updates. I think it's due to Atlanta. Will keep fingers crossed.

April and May Atlanta filers mostly seem to have received IL around six or seven weeks after their FP scheduled date. (Early walk-in FP does not seem to speed this up). A couple of May filers do seem to have received IL in as little as five weeks after FP scheduled date. By these precedents, poongunranar, you're not likely to see an IL before mid-September at the earliest. I certainly wish for you that Atlanta speeds up, but don't get discouraged. Your case will transfer eventually, and in all likelihood, you'll be a USC by Thanksgiving. Good luck!

Posting for the first time on this forum. Here is my story till date

GC: 8/1/05 (employment-based)
SC: Houston, TX
DO: Newark, NJ
06/11/10: N-400 Mailed
06/14/10: ND/PD
07/1/10: RFE for FP
07/6/10: FP letter
07/29/10: FP done
xx/xx/10: YL received
xx/xx/10: Transferred to local office
xx/xx/10: IL received
xx/xx/10: Interview and Oath

It's almost a month now since FP. No change in the status message which still states about the RFE for FP. Now, is this yellow letter mailed out to all applicants. I see some applicants directly receiving the interview letter. How long does it take to receive the YL after FP ?

April and May Atlanta filers mostly seem to have received IL around six or seven weeks after their FP scheduled date. (Early walk-in FP does not seem to speed this up). A couple of May filers do seem to have received IL in as little as five weeks after FP scheduled date. By these precedents, poongunranar, you're not likely to see an IL before mid-September at the earliest. I certainly wish for you that Atlanta speeds up, but don't get discouraged. Your case will transfer eventually, and in all likelihood, you'll be a USC by Thanksgiving. Good luck!

anxiouscdn2 Thanks for the soothing words, pal. I, for a moment, got a vicarious joy of being a "USC by Thanksgiving" :) Thanks for putting things in perspective. The only concern is, folks who know me well during the TSC days of 2002-2005, know that I was victimized due to the Duplicate A# issue that dogged and partly marooned my GC prospects then. I hope that issue isn't an issue now for N-400. Will see.

Hi seadull,
I got both, the yellow letter and the interview letter. The interview letter came before yellow letter,
Anyways, now it's time to really study for the civic test.
Good luck to all of us!:)
Lolitochka - No, I didn't get YL. Just IL alone.

Apparently some people get YL (letter printed on a yellow paper) which asks the applicant to bring additional documents.

Hows your case moving?

Update:

2010 June N-400 tracker
This is for my wife-

District office- Norfolk, VA

Fedexed to Lewisville- 6/11/10
Received- 6/14/10
Check cashed- 6/18/10
NOA rec'd- 6/21/10
NOA date- 6/17/10
NOA rec'd- 6/28/10
NOA date- 6/22/10 Fingerprinting notice
FP Date- 7/14/10
NOA rec'd- 7/23/10 Interview notice.
Interview date- 8/27/10
Interview took 10 minutes. Passed. Interviewer amended the application to remove references to speeding tix, saying "why did you put this on here? We don't care about speeding tickets".
Oath date- 9/29/10 at Scotchtown (Patrick Henry's home). Apparently this is a special ceremony they hold once a year in September for the lucky few.

I received my interview latter today. But there is no update in the online status. Any one has similar experience ?

Superho, Congratulations.. my interview is on 9/23 at Norfolk and I wonder if I will make it to this special oath ceremony on 9/29..

Everyone.

anxiouscdn2 - So you mean to say that only the act of the case being transferred to the local-office will be updated in the website, but the act of receiving an interview letter will not be updated? Also, will the interview letter come from the local District Office or NBC?

I'm now a USC and my online status is still "Transferred to local office". I'm pretty sure everyone reports that. Well, numerous people do, anyway. It seems that for applicants in the last few months, the only online status change events are sending the fingerprint appointment letter (status show as RFE, causing many people to worry needlessly), and transfer to local office (definitely a happy event). But that's it for online status changes, in my experience and many others'.

Knowing USCIS, at some time in the past online updates may have gone through all the appropriate statuses, and/or, they may switch to doing this at any moment - or not.

About the source of the interview letter, I don't recall.

Congratulations to you too, anxiousscdn2!!!

I'm now a USC and my online status is still "Transferred to local office". I'm pretty sure everyone reports that. Well, numerous people do, anyway. It seems that for applicants in the last few months, the only online status change events are sending the fingerprint appointment letter (status show as RFE, causing many people to worry needlessly), and transfer to local office (definitely a happy event). But that's it for online status changes, in my experience and many others'.

Knowing USCIS, at some time in the past online updates may have gone through all the appropriate statuses, and/or, they may switch to doing this at any moment - or not.

About the source of the interview letter, I don't recall.