06/21/2010: NOA received
06/30/2010: RFE email received
07/03/2010: FP notice received
07/23/2010: FP appointment
07/23/2010: FP done
07/29/2010: Case transfer to DO/Email update
07/31/2010: IL received
08/31/2010: Interview date

Looking at the grid seems like I have one of the earliest FP dates that hasn't gotten a "transfer to local office" update or an interview letter. Anybody knows what's the normal wait time between FP and transfer to local office and interview letter in Los Angeles?

Does any one know if the LUD ( Last Updated Date) changes, once you get your Fingure Prints ?
Thanks

Hey guys, I did my FP on 7/13 and so far I haven't received any update on my application. I was wondering why is taking so long to get the update of my case transferred to local office. Should I call the 800?

Hey guys, I did my FP on 7/13 and so far I haven't received any update on my application. I was wondering why is taking so long to get the update of my case transferred to local office. Should I call the 800?

same here.. gave FP in DLS on 7/16 and no updates from then. I think we can wait for another two more weeks and see..

Are they stuck in name check or any other process?

same here.. gave FP in DLS on 7/16 and no updates from then. I think we can wait for another two more weeks and see..

In my case I would think everything should be clear, as I even received my YL asking to bring only my Drivers license to the interview. My background check along with the FP was probably done in a few days. My only concern is that I noticed with some people they transfer to local office within 2 weeks after FP is done, or less. And since 6/22after the FP letter I havent got any update yet.

Two weeks since my FP today and no update. I was starting to get concerned but now I see that there are others in the same situation. Maybe we should wait another week or two before calling. Good luck to you all!

Doesn't this depend on your local DO? It's more appropriate to time your case based on other applicants in your service center and historic data. Look for the spreadsheet in this forum for people from your area.

Seadull is correct you cant compare by those who mail in application on same date or month or who did finger print on same timeline , you have to compare by district offices, look at my signature its 3 weeks since my fingerprint and i havent even consider calling USCIS because new york is one of the slowest DO. And its 3 months since i mail in my n400, I will get woried if i dont recieve an interview letter by august 31st. New york estimated processing time for N400 is 5 months, It could be longer or shorter than 5 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely correct, knavigator1. Meanwhile, the spreadsheet https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoxJgTZJQsbldFVXaVFXODFlb1d5aWxqM1lnVlVUc3c&hl=en#gid=6 shows around a dozen June filers who already have interview dates, and three May filers who've already been interviewed. It's very plain from comparing peoples' timelines (and this is particularly easy to do on the spreadsheet) that there's no point in comparing timelines, except by DO. However, timelines of recent filers at the same DO are typically quite a good guide, and give one a reassuring picture of when it's reasonable to expect the next stage of processing.

Yes, based on the spreadsheet and others in this forum from recent months, in the LA DO it seems to take approximately from 2 to 3 weeks from FP to Transfer to Local Office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides Local District Office, it may also depend on 90 days prior to 3-yr or 5-yr ripening date

Besides local District Office workload, is it not true that those folks, who filed 90 days before their 5-year or 3-year completion, will have a longer wait time after FP completion? In other words, the NBC checks not only the DO workload, but also sees if the person will be scheduled an interview date closer to on or after the completion of the 5-yr or 3-yr limit, as the case may be so that if approved, folks can take oath the same day or later.

In other words, if folks had filed 90 days earlier than their 5-yr or 3-yr limit, they can expect longer wait-time after completion of FP. Right?

Besides local District Office workload, is it not true that those folks, who filed 90 days before their 5-year or 3-year completion, will have a longer wait time after FP completion? In other words, the NBC checks not only the DO workload, but also sees if the person will be scheduled an interview date closer to on or after the completion of the 5-yr or 3-yr limit, as the case may be so that if approved, folks can take oath the same day or later.

In other words, if folks had filed 90 days earlier than their 5-yr or 3-yr limit, they can expect longer wait-time after completion of FP. Right?

Maybe this is something that also depends on the DO, poongunranar. There's a steady trickle of posts on the forum from people who have their interview before the 5 year mark and are then obliged to wait for an oath ceremony. JatBhai in Dallas (April filer interviewed on July 9) is a current example. My attorney here in Atlanta mentioned that this happened to local clients here.

I too have seen claims in posts that USCIS defers interviews until after the filer's 5-year eligibility date. That's plainly not always true. If it's true at all, perhaps it's DO-dependent.

I notice that somebody has been adding a column "Int. Date - Mailed" to the spreadsheet. Looking at that, it's pretty striking that the DOs are pretty consistent. Newark April filers are a striking example. There are 8 of them and their day counts from mailing to interview range from 132 to 135! By contrast, some other offices like Baltimore and Seattle appear to be consistently in the high 80s. It seems very clear that there's no point at all in comparing time lines without taking the DO into account.

No updates since FP?

After the FP is done, is the next update to expect the one that says ur case has been transfered to a local DO? Is there any update that acknowledges we have done the FP? My USCIS web update still says "On dddd we sent a mail requesting additional evidence..." basically, the update I had before getting the FP appt letter. Is this normal? Thanks, dilbert

After the FP is done, is the next update to expect the one that says ur case has been transfered to a local DO?

Yes

Is there any update that acknowledges we have done the FP?

No. Or at least, not in my case, and I'm pretty sure nobody has been reporting any such update on their case, at least in recent months.

My USCIS web update still says "On dddd we sent a mail requesting additional evidence..." basically, the update I had before getting the FP appt letter. Is this normal? Thanks, dilbert

Yes.